High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Oct 11, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #151 of 903
Just the right ones
biggrin.gif

Need some rankings (most enjoyable to least), do it! 

Oct 12, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #161 of 903
Tralucent 1plus2 vs UM Miracle

Maguire, you have asked me how the 1plus2 compare with the UM Miracle and here it is:

vs

Comparisons were done with the silver/gold cable on the 1plus2 and the Toxic Cables Silver Poison that I borrowed from Maguire on the miracle. 

Bass is, to me, undoubtedly better on the 1plus2. It has such impact, such speed and amazing clarity. Hits much harder than the miracle and after listening to it, the miracle sound quite bass light and just lacking somehow. 

Midrange is more recessed than the Miracles and as a result, I have to EQ them up a few DB. With no EQ, vocals seem a bit distant and whilst the miracle's mids are more upfront. HOWEVER, after EQ, the mids of the 1plus2 is in a completely different league, having more clarity and detail. Vocal separation is very close, but I think that the 1plus2 just edges out. 

Treble is very interesting indeed. The 1plus2 has a more aggressive, sparklier treble and as a result can cause some fatigue, but not for me. I absolutely love the treble with it's slightly longer cymbal decay. There is also more overall detail. 

As for detail, it's an easy win for the 1plus2. Sometimes when I'm listening to it, I turn to the left or right, to see that there is nothing there. I've been hearing the microdetails that I didn't hear on the miracle.

One thing that I feel the miracle is slightly better is overall separation. There is such little difference, that you probably wouldn't know unless you were specifically listening to it. And also, the isolation of the miracle is obviously much better since the 1plus2 is open. 

In terms of build quality, the miracle is better and just feels more solid in your hand, but the build of the 1plus2 is very good as well. 

Overall, the 1plus2 is better for me, but if I had to pick one, it would be the miracle because the 1plus2 has very little isolation. The sound of the 1plus2 is just incredible though! 

Oct 12, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #162 of 903
What is your number 2 IEM? The RE600? If so wow....

Well these is NO number 2 for now.... :D

I prefer and am using the 1plus2 so much more than the rest that it isn't even close. For me it is just in its own class and I always misses it using other iems. It is almost speakers like and the sound kept growing on me long after the new toy syndrome wore off.

RE600, now that you mentioned it, would be right up there around three to four when, and only when, paired with hm901 with balanced amp board. Especially with classical recordings as it sounded very very lifelike from the overall sound staging to individual instrument timbre.

Also need to mention, the tg334 would be on par with the jh13fp when used with the twag v3 to correct the mid bass hump and open up wider soundstage.

Oct 12, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #163 of 903
  Tralucent 1plus2 vs UM Miracle

Maguire, you have asked me how the 1plus2 compare with the UM Miracle and here it is:
Comparisons were done with the silver/gold cable on the 1plus2 and the Toxic Cables Silver Poison that I borrowed from Maguire on the miracle. 

Bass is, to me, undoubtedly better on the 1plus2. It has such impact, such speed and amazing clarity. Hits much harder than the miracle and after listening to it, the miracle sound quite bass light and just lacking somehow. 

Midrange is more recessed than the Miracles and as a result, I have to EQ them up a few DB. With no EQ, vocals seem a bit distant and whilst the miracle's mids are more upfront. HOWEVER, after EQ, the mids of the 1plus2 is in a completely different league, having more clarity and detail. Vocal separation is very close, but I think that the 1plus2 just edges out. 

Treble is very interesting indeed. The 1plus2 has a more aggressive, sparklier treble and as a result can cause some fatigue, but not for me. I absolutely love the treble with it's slightly longer cymbal decay. There is also more overall detail. 

As for detail, it's an easy win for the 1plus2. Sometimes when I'm listening to it, I turn to the left or right, to see that there is nothing there. I've been hearing the microdetails that I didn't hear on the miracle.

One thing that I feel the miracle is slightly better is overall separation. There is such little difference, that you probably wouldn't know unless you were specifically listening to it. And also, the isolation of the miracle is obviously much better since the 1plus2 is open. 

In terms of build quality, the miracle is better and just feels more solid in your hand, but the build of the 1plus2 is very good as well. 

Overall, the 1plus2 is better for me, but if I had to pick one, it would be the miracle because the 1plus2 has very little isolation. The sound of the 1plus2 is just incredible though! 

Nice!

Oct 12, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #165 of 903
People who like the 1Plus2 as #1 will probably love the JH13FP. Heard the demo today. Compared it directly to the UERM (custom version).

I'm extremely impressed by the JH13FP's technical capability --- it sounds really, really good --- clarity/transparency/imaging are off the charts. But the overall sound signature is too intense for me, in much of the same way the 1Plus2's signature was "too intense".

It's an impossibility, but If the UERM somehow got the FreqPhase treatment, it'd be near ideal for me. Maybe mix in a little bit of the CW-L05QD flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back