HiFiMan RE-600 Review
Jul 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #843 of 902
I saw it in head-direct. It doesn't have a removable cable.

The original did not have a removable cable either and that's fine. I was not looking for a redesign or a removable cable, just for them to address the cable issue all together. They have now addressed it as HIFIMAN contacted me and are doing a replacement for V2, no cost except shipping. Yey!

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:25 PM Post #844 of 902
  The original did not have a removable cable either and that's fine. I was not looking for a redesign or a removable cable, just for them to address the cable issue all together. They have now addressed it as HIFIMAN contacted me and are doing a replacement for V2, no cost except shipping. Yey!

Sweet!

Now I'm a little sad that I sold my new, warranty replacement pair here after my original set developed a short. Darn it!  
mad.gif

Jul 23, 2016 at 4:37 AM Post #848 of 902
Is there a way to identify a V2 RE-600?

I just got my 4th one about a week ago (YES. My 3rd warrany replacement). So far so good lol :cool:

EDIT: checked my email and found (3) RMA numbers for this headphone. I feel special

Jul 23, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #849 of 902

I just got my 4th one about a week ago (YES. My 3rd warrany replacement). So far so good lol
cool.gif

EDIT: checked my email and found (3) RMA numbers for this headphone. I feel special

No idea how to tell the difference if there is any visible from V1 to V2, yet as online they are using the same pic's on the product page on both the RE-600 and RE-600s. When I get my new V2 if I notice a difference I will post what appears to be different.

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #851 of 902
Any other owner here having the glossy coating is flaking off? I started using mine after a long hiatus, where I finally got the bent jack replaced. Then I noticed the gloss coating the shells are peeling off, exposing just a black matte shell like the re400. This doesn't affect the sound, but it's really losing its premium look :frowning2: any other way to get the gloss back?

Aug 29, 2016 at 11:37 PM Post #852 of 902
Any other owner here having the glossy coating is flaking off? I started using mine after a long hiatus, where I finally got the bent jack replaced. Then I noticed the gloss coating the shells are peeling off, exposing just a black matte shell like the re400. This doesn't affect the sound, but it's really losing its premium look
frown.gif
any other way to get the gloss back?

Wow, that's really a bummer! I knew that the cable on v.1 was a mess, but flaking gloss, too? Really? 
mad.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 2:59 PM Post #855 of 902

I just got my 4th one about a week ago (YES. My 3rd warrany replacement). So far so good lol :cool:

Getting my 4th warranty replacement next week. A 4 month lifespan for v1 is pretty respectable!

This time the replacement will be a v2 :cool: :cool: :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back