Hifiman IEM's: RE-400 and RE-600
Jul 23, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #1,651 of 3,507
Quote:

Look, I have nothing against you. Heck, I don't even know you.

I wished you'd have followed my suggestion and tried to straighten things out with him, instead of posting a private message in a public thread.

Please don't take it personally. Your PM didn't seem too important that it warrants me needing to be hush hush about it. I thought it was funny and indicative of a certain someone's unforgiving character, and therefore worthy of sharing. I already straightened things out - I decided that I will wait to read others' impressions while I enjoy the heck out of my newly acquired Asgard 2 + HE-400 orthos in the meantime. With all due respect, hope your tour goes smoothly.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:20 AM Post #1,652 of 3,507
Quote:
Higbvuyb is correct

I like my Sansa Clip+ and Etymotic ER-4B for transparent audio.

I thought there would be something which is better (price no object, I can spend $$$$), but so far I can't find any evidence there is anything better out there at all.

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:29 AM Post #1,655 of 3,507
We will also post the patent pending diaphragm treatment design as soon as we got proved from our lawyer. Will do in the next one or two weeks. People will clearly see the treatment is totally different between RE400 and RE600. 

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Jul 23, 2013 at 6:41 AM Post #1,656 of 3,507
Quote:
RE600 driver is 16 Ohm. RE400 driver is 32 Ohm. If anybody measure RE600 and get 32 Ohm, or anybody can show me a pair of RE400's impedance is identical to RE600, I will send out a $1000 check to that lucky guy

What if it's a female?

Jul 23, 2013 at 6:52 AM Post #1,657 of 3,507
Quote:
The message I received just now:

"I'm afraid, you seem to have some personal feud with Inks, and since he'll be organizing the tour, I can't get you in.

The only way I'd see is to contact him directly and sort things out, then I'd of course be ok with it too."

LOL Thanks for the generous offer anyway, buddy.

Look, I have nothing against you. Heck, I don't even know you.

I wished you'd have followed my suggestion and tried to straighten things out with him, instead of posting a private message in a public thread.

Quote:
OK, so just because Inks doesn't like you, and there are a lot of people he doesn't like (and a lot that return the favor), you don't get on the tour...  Wait a sec, these aren't Inks' IEM, if James wants you part of the tour, he should have the right to, they are his IEMs. 

The only people that Inks really likes are the ones that agree with him...  Um...  Yeah...

I want everybody in who's interested, but wouldn't you agree that the tour organizer is entitled to have the last word? Right now I have 9 of my IEMs on 4 different loan tours, and I simply don't have enough enough spare time to organize everything myself.

I don't really like to discuss other people publicly, but suffice to say that in my experience, Inks has proven to be an honest and reliable fellow member. No, I don't agree with his dogmatic approach to things, and yes, I would chip in to fund a semester or two of charm school for him 
wink.gif
 ... but joking aside, all of us have their pluses and minuses, and if life has taught me one thing, then it's you gotta try to be tolerant and get along with your fellow men.

Quote:
He said Inks is organizing the tour. Even though I did not agree with his comments before trying out the earphone, he's still fully in position to decide who may participate.

Let's drop this and wait to see who gets this opportunity and hear their voices. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Amen to that. 
smile_phones.gif

I understand that the person who is in charge of the tour should have say in the matter. However, I feel strongly that the owner should easily be allowed to make overrides to that person's decisions if need be and even make exceptions to their choices if they feel necessary. They are the one that own the IEMs after all.

Jul 23, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #1,658 of 3,507
This week I have neen giving my re-400s a second chance to redeem themselves, by trying every single bloody tip I can get my hands on from my bulging goody bag of said items.

But no go - the things still sound nowhere near as good as my acetatastic Soundmagic E10s (using, ironically enough, the little double flanges from the Re-400, which sound and fit really great with the E10).

I guess I lucked out on the 400s. Just not my cup of sonic chai.

Jul 23, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #1,659 of 3,507
Quote:
By evidence you mean graph or your own ears?

If a soundwave is only FR, phase and time, and the time and phase are not very relevant, then a computer is better than my ears or anyone elses, since humans like uneven FR (colouration) and a sense of luxury, while computers can present us with flat FR (perfect neutrality, tonality and transparency).  So a Clip+ and ER-4B is more neutral and transparent than an LCD-3 and Tesla T1 and so on, since they are less flat, not to mention the RE-600, which is less flat than the RE-400, according to Inks and Rin Choi.

If IEM's with identical FR can sound different, then that's another story, which I think should have already been told.  We have satellites in the sky and draw pictures with atoms, how hard can it be to measure a piece of wire attached to a piece of paper or metal to vibrate air.

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #1,661 of 3,507
I still fail to understand why every so-called audiophile doesn't just get a pair of ER-4B, ER-4P or ER-4S and be over and done with it. Instead, they get things like Stax, Sennheiser, or Audeze…and even a few of those who have those terribly coloured cans seem to appreciate IEMs such as the "abominations" known as (FAD's) Piano Fortes! It's got to be the evil Beats effect and the spread of what is known these days as "The Age Of Da Bass", I say!

Jul 23, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #1,662 of 3,507
Quote:
I still fail to understand why every so-called audiophile doesn't just get a pair of ER-4B, ER-4P or ER-4S and be over and done with it. Instead, they get things like Stax, Sennheiser, or Audeze…and even a few of those who have those terribly coloured cans seem to appreciate IEMs such as the "abominations" known as (FAD's) Piano Fortes! It's got to be the evil Beats effect and the spread of what is known these days as "The Age Of Da Bass", I say!

Interesting comment...I just bought RE-400 to have a inexpensive option to my boring sounding Shure SE-310.  I got what I wanted, a little more bass and some "excitement" I still find the RE-400 to be a "neutral" sound signature, just a little less dry and boring.  RE-400 are the modern day IEM equivalent of the Grado SR60 IMO.

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #1,663 of 3,507
Noticed today that the hifiman re 400 packaging has been revised and includes double the amount of tips selection

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jul 23, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #1,665 of 3,507
So what is included now? Isn't that just a photo of the box?

Basically you get the extra tips shown in the added hard case. Three sizes of clear single flanged silicons and a single flanged black silicon tip that is shaped like a double flange (one piece mould with a horizontal groove).

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back