HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Sep 26, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #1,412 of 3,445
Another thought is to re-download the update.zip file as an incomplete file may also be a cause....

Sep 26, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #1,413 of 3,445

Shouldn't have anything to do with the computer as long as the update.zip is loaded onto the root of your SD card.

So you mean you successfully entered the firmware update screen but it didn't complete?  Try restarting into the update mode and see if it works.  If not maybe try a different SD card (smallest one you can find

I reloaded the software on the PC side of my apple and it works. Go figure. Thanks for suggestions.

Sep 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #1,414 of 3,445
What's the battery life like when powering the HE-500?

I can't I have actually timed it but I listen to the HE-500 on off in the office and I have never gone beyond the half battery full icon. Sorry I can't be more precise: but what it means is that the HM-901 is still running when I leave the office at the end of the day.

Sep 27, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #1,415 of 3,445
You couldn't have been more evasive but thanks anyway.
biggrin.gif

I am sure it would be much appreciated if you could run a rough test to have an idea how many hours that would be.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #1,416 of 3,445
You couldn't have been more evasive but thanks anyway.:D
I am sure it would be much appreciated if you could run a rough test to have an idea how many hours that would be.

Heheh! One day I'll bring the HE-500 home and run down the HM-901.

Sep 30, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #1,417 of 3,445
Today I noticed channel reversal that I recall was mentioned earlier in the thread.  Near the beginning of Steely Dan's "Babylon Sisters" there's a little percussion part that I always hear in the left channel.  This time I noticed it in the right channel.  I'm not sure if this has always been occurring and I never noticed or if it's a new development.  It's a little bit of a bummer.  I'm using IEM card - balance/normal switch doesn't make a difference.

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #1,419 of 3,445
I also experienced channels reversed, however only once. It was reversed both headphone out and line out, which bothered me, but since I haven't noticed is since then, I haven't gone through any research process to find out what caused it.

Sep 30, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #1,420 of 3,445
I also experienced channels reversed, however only once. It was reversed both headphone out and line out, which bothered me, but since I haven't noticed is since then, I haven't gone through any research process to find out what caused it.
I think that, affecting the amplified and unamplified outputs, it's likely a software issue.

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #1,421 of 3,445
That's also my assumption.

Oct 1, 2013 at 1:46 PM Post #1,422 of 3,445
I think the 901 is just better as my AK120 is also better. I chose the AK due to it's quality, size, storage, build and best UI but I really liked the 901 very much when I heard it. Studio is a great little device that does music really well but I prefer the other 2 at twice(+) the price. I really enjoy and am keeping the Anniversary 3 but...

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Anv 3 still was more involving than these recent, cheaper HiDef players but it isn't up to the current flagships from A/K and HiFiman.

Oct 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #1,425 of 3,445
Is there anyone using a case to protect the 901? I couldn't find anything about this. This is such an expensive DAP and I would prefer to have some kind of protection. Any suggestions?

It is not recommended due to heat dissipation / lack of ventilation.  There are some third party cases but all of them IMHO look hideous....  some samples for you:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back