HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Feb 19, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #2,176 of 3,445
Bowtung thanks for your info. I joined the club too late and hence missed the opportunity to get thay discrete card. Do u prefer classic card over both discrete and balance card?

I'm sorry, but I was wrong, got my 901 back yesterday, listened with the discrete card again, (haven't listen to them for a long long time), switched over to classic card afterwards. The discrete card is hands down better, might try to give some more thoughts later.

Mind you I listen to discrete card at 1.4-1.6 (every click is 0.2) volume, so there really is no room to adjust the volume, its either too low or too high for me using iems, I'll stick with using classic card when heading out.

I might also try getting resistors for the headphone out and see how it works.

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #2,183 of 3,445
You can try your luck on Taobao as well. Just search for "分立卡“

http://2.taobao.com/item.htm?id=37355869464&spm=a230r.1.14.31.MFPHE9&_u=l241p493eb5

Feb 23, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #2,185 of 3,445
The new stock card is very good sounding. 

Feb 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #2,186 of 3,445
The new stock card is very good sounding. 

Jamato, thanks for the impression. Can I ask how do we identify the new stock card? Thanks!

Feb 26, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #2,187 of 3,445
Jamato, thanks for the impression. Can I ask how do we identify the new stock card? Thanks!

The new stock card is actually being called the "Classic Card" by hifiman as it was voiced based on the old hm801 Classic Card.

I don't have it with me today but you can see the card in the middle form an earlier pic I took:

I can take a couple more pics of the card when I'm home if needed.

This card sound great with vocal, pop, soft rock types.

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #2,188 of 3,445
The new stock card is actually being called the "Classic Card" by hifiman as it was voiced based on the old hm801 Classic Card.

I don't have it with me today but you can see the card in the middle form an earlier pic I took:

I can take a couple more pics of the card when I'm home if needed.

This card sound great with vocal, pop, soft rock types.

Thanks! Sounds like a card I would enjoy! Let me see how I can get hold of one. :)

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #2,189 of 3,445
Thanks! Sounds like a card I would enjoy! Let me see how I can get hold of one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Though I must mention the classis card has more background noise than other cards which might be an issue for your Fitears. I like the sound of it with my JH13FP but the background noise bugged me once in a while on quieter tracks.

If you're into lush sweet type of mids you may also want to keep an eye out for anyone letting go of their "Angel Card". It's from the same chinese DIYer who made the Discrete Card and I love how it portray mids and vocals. It made my 901 sound lush and slightly mid-forward without too much coloration or sacrifice too much clarity/transparency.

Feb 26, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #2,190 of 3,445

Thanks! Sounds like a card I would enjoy! Let me see how I can get hold of one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Though I must mention the classis card has more background noise than other cards which might be an issue for your Fitears. I like the sound of it with my JH13FP but the background noise bugged me once in a while on quieter tracks.

If you're into lush sweet type of mids you may also want to keep an eye out for anyone letting go of their "Angel Card". It's from the same chinese DIYer who made the Discrete Card and I love how it portray mids and vocals. It made my 901 sound lush and slightly mid-forward without too much coloration or sacrifice too much clarity/transparency.

Thanks for the tip! Will bear that in mind. Hmm... as for the Angel Card, it may well be that it will be close to the HM 802? Let me read up on that on the Chinese sites. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back