HiFiMAN HM-901 visit pg 18. IMGS pg 19. NEW beta FW 1st page. . to the 901s. .new 901s FW .
Dec 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #1,696 of 3,445
  I remember you also wrote you have no clicks/crack/hiss at all in attenuator?

I agree it is not the cable difference or cable as such issue.
Frankly, I am very surprised your player is dead silent in the whole volume range and has no attenuator noise.
I think I will have to ask replacement for my unit.

Or is it possible that it will decrease over time? I know about the attenuator burn-in, so maybe a "general" burn-in?

I don't know for sure what to say. I will, just for the sake of making absolutely sure, test mine again. I know that early attenuators did make some noise but they were changed very early on and don't now. Mine doesn't click but again, I will thoroughly test everything. 

------------------------------

The first time I move the volume control when I plug my balanced JH13's in I get a slight click and then nothing more. No clicks moving the volume control up or down in volume and no hiss on lo or hi gain. I listen on hi gain, balanced card at around 2.5. The recording changes this according to the gain on the recording but that is average, as with Eric Clapton: Unplugged, as an example. 

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #1,697 of 3,445
I find myself using the balanced card, the new stock card and the Mini.

What are most of you using?

Dec 20, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #1,699 of 3,445
Dec 20, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #1,700 of 3,445
I sent my 901 and amp cards back to Hifiman to have them look at an issue that, though accidentally discovered, I was reliably able to reproduce with both Balanced and IEM amp cards and various headphones and IEMS. Using either card, if I start up the 901 without having headphones plugged in, allowing it to complete initialization before plugging in headphones, the volume in the right channel is missing or greatly reduced compared to the left.  However, toggling the Balanced/Normal switch will restore the volume to the right channel.  If I start up the 901 with headphones plugged in there's no issue - the channel volumes are balanced.  I was able to reliably reproduce this with various headphones and IEMSs.  Unfortunately Hifiman wasn't able to reproduce the issue with my device and amp cards.  My 901 and cards are now en route back to me - I can't wait to see if I still experience the issue.  It may seem minor - just start it up with headphones plugged in!  But I'm concerned that it means that there's a problem with my 901.  I'm curious if anyone else can reproduce this problem?

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #1,701 of 3,445
I own the stock card, balanced card, and iem card. I use the balanced card for my HE-500, K702 Annie, and Alpha Dog. I use the iem card for RE-400, SE 530, Edition 8, and AH-D2000. I don't use the stock card. I actually find I very slightly prefer the iem card but it's probably due to the phones I use with it. However, IMO both balanced and iem sound wonderful! What is your opinion of the mini compared to the balanced?

Dec 21, 2013 at 3:07 AM Post #1,703 of 3,445
  hi

does hm901 got eq now? if not, ever to be released in up fw?

No EQ. I don't really think they will ever implement EQ on it as well.

Dec 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM Post #1,705 of 3,445
Could someone tell me where I can buy the HM-901 dock connector so I can use my own mini to mini amp cable? I saw them on the toaboa site but don't know how to order.

Do you mean a connector to use the 901 as a source to an amp? A line out. ?

Dec 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #1,706 of 3,445
  Do you mean a connector to use the 901 as a source to an amp? A line out. ?

Yes :) I've already ordered the dock to line out cable. But I really want to use my own mini to mini cable. 

Does anybody kwow if Hifiman\Head-Direct sell spare parts for the HM-901? I need a new battery cover because mine doesn't close properly.

Dec 21, 2013 at 5:58 PM Post #1,707 of 3,445
Yes, I remember seeing back covers on Tmall / Taobao. Try contacting Head-Direct via email and ask for it. Or if it's under warranty, then take a photo and see what they say.

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #1,708 of 3,445

Yes :) I've already ordered the dock to line out cable. But I really want to use my own mini to mini cable. 

Does anybody kwow if Hifiman\Head-Direct sell spare parts for the HM-901? I need a new battery cover because mine doesn't close properly.

Why doesn't it fit? Is it that the slide latch does not go all the way to closed? If that is so then all you need to do is take a pair of needle nose pliers and open up the small piece of metal that the latch slides past.

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #1,709 of 3,445

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.5.w4002-1051639114.33.mduo2d&id=24750032161

You may try this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back