HiFiMAN HM-801 Player Firmware Debug Thread
Dec 21, 2009 at 2:38 PM Post #31 of 480
I'll give this method a try.
It's a bit of a hassle to rename all those files, But it's nothing compared to re-ripping CD's and writing cue-files for them.

Thanks for the tip

Dec 22, 2009 at 8:40 AM Post #34 of 480
I did batch renaming too, with Ant Renamer, very easy to use.

My files were for instance :
[size=xx-small]Hesperion XXI - Jordi Savall-Altre Follie 1500-1750-01-Folias criollas.flac
Hesperion XXI - Jordi Savall-Altre Follie 1500-1750-02-Folias antiguas (ca. 1500).flac
Hesperion XXI - Jordi Savall-Altre Follie 1500-1750-03-Pavana con su glosa (1557).flac
Hesperion XXI - Jordi Savall-Altre Follie 1500-1750-04-Fantasia que contrahaze la harpa de Ludovico (1546).flac [/size]

They now are :
[size=xx-small]01-Folias criollas.flac
02-Folias antiguas (ca. 1500).flac
03-Pavana con su glosa (1557).flac
04-Fantasia que contrahaze la harpa de Ludovico (1546).flac

[size=x-small]Works very well.

The other possibility is to use a single Flac or APE file with an associated cue file, because Hifiman handles cue files very well (through the "cue" menu). I had problems becaue different cue and ape files had the same name (CDimage.ape, CDimage.cue) for different discs : seems like Hifiman did not liked it. I renamed them with different names, e.g. the actual name of the CD (Brahms - Requiem - Herreweghe.ape, [/size] [/size][size=x-small]Brahms - Requiem - Herreweghe.cue) to avoid confusion.

I am not sure but it seems to me that Hifiman handle best Flac files than APE file : It sometimes refuses to read APE file, not sure why :"CUE list invalid !". Although I tested the CUE list in foobar. Does anybody have any idea ? For instance, how should the file path be in the CUE list ? Absolute ? Relative ?
[/size][size=xx-small][size=x-small]
By the way, Hifiman is not gapless : during live recordings or symphonies, concertos, etc.. there is a very small gap between tracks. Here again the solution is to make a single track file with an associated cue file to navigate through it.

Anyway the easy and fast navigation was a surprise to me, as well as the fact that it handles CUE files. VERY GOOD !

Another issue : when browsing the SD card through the Hifiman browser, the folder order is a mix between chronological order (!) and alphabetical order. Did someone observe the same thing ?
I only imagine one solution so far : backup the SD card, format, and copy again all the files at once (did not test).

Cheers !

[/size]
[/size]

Jan 13, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #35 of 480
Anyone know of a program that will join Flac files into one big flac file and also make a cue file (or files) of that one big flac file.

Example
Lets say I have the goldberg variations and I want them to play gapless, so I make one big flac file, but then I want to hear Goldberg Variations, variation 8 a 2 Clav. So I go to my cue list and pick that variation.

Any software that can do that?

Jan 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM Post #37 of 480
I'm not getting any sound from either the amplified port, or the line out, only distortion. How do I reset the software?
Oh, and it doesn't matter whether it's on player or DAC mode..

Jan 18, 2010 at 1:42 PM Post #38 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by electropop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not getting any sound from either the amplified port, or the line out, only distortion. How do I reset the software?

Have you tried to reinsert the battery?

Jan 18, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #39 of 480
... Yes.

Jan 20, 2010 at 6:00 PM Post #42 of 480
Quote:

Originally Posted by electropop /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's a reset button to the right of "USB DAC" port. It's a tiny hole you can use a paper clip to push into.

Does it work with the AC adapter charger plugged in?

Does it make a loud pop/crackle noises when you plug in your headphones?

-Ed

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:00 PM Post #43 of 480
Mine just arrived today!

I did not expect such a classy case
smily_headphones1.gif
Though the pleasant surprise of the case was quickly offset by the... "unique" fragrance of the box.

I'm enjoying the ABBA that came stock
biggrin.gif
Sounds amazing with the JH13's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back