Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Mar 22, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #2,596 of 14,710
in very few years to come mylar will be replaced by graphene .....there is already speakers experience with great results with graphene membrane....
basshead.gif

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/512496/first-graphene-audio-speaker-easily-outperforms-traditional-designs/

probably the he 2000 will come with graphene technology... what is the time necessary for  this technology to made it to the market ?

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #2,597 of 14,710
  in very few years to come mylar will be replaced by graphene .....there is already speakers experience with great results with graphene membrane....
basshead.gif

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/512496/first-graphene-audio-speaker-easily-outperforms-traditional-designs/

probably the he 2000 will come with graphene technology... what is the time necessary for  this technology to made it to the market ?

Do you know how the electrostatic graphene speakers compare to "normal" electrostatic speakers?

Also, if graphene is for electrostats, how would you use it with planar magnetic headphones?

By the way, I have a rare demo tape that uses the image in your avatar.

Mar 22, 2015 at 3:52 PM Post #2,598 of 14,710

Do you know how the electrostatic graphene speakers compare to "normal" electrostatic speakers?

Also, if graphene is for electrostats, how would you use it with planar magnetic headphones?

By the way, I have a rare demo tape that uses the image in your avatar.

wink_face.gif
i am no engineer but if you read about graphene ( the most funded research revolutionary substance now) you will discover that one of the next revolution to come with nano technology is with graphene... Ask the question to Dr. Bian...
p.s. i love Dante
beerchug.gif

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #2,600 of 14,710
I hope our private discussion didn't change your mind to pursue the SR-009 instead of the SR-007 or something like that. :xf_eek: (I did mention that I would like to have both
haha. no, I'm still strongly leaning toward the sr007, though I view the sr009 and he1000 as possibilities, which I never thought would be such 7 years ago. I might also pick up the sr507, the "poor man's sr009" since exchange rates are so good now. we'll see.

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #2,601 of 14,710
Originally Posted by Yoga 

Audition the Moon 430HA D :¬) You might be surprised.

As with Mulder, only my family and closet friends know of my audio equipment, and that's purely out of excitement; wanting to share with them how wonderful the musical experience is.

If you're the type of person who listens to music the bulk of the day - that's the bulk of your life. Music is to the spirit as to what food is to the body (forums are for the mind). 

Investing in something that enriches that experience, offering you a 24/7 pathway to a wonderfully content and happy state of being, is an invaluable investment.

People spend thousands upon thousands over a lifetime trying to achieve that state of being through various endeavours; especially material gain that one brags about. Drinking/drugs are other such avenues. Each time that's an attempt to feel fullfilled. It's a hollow fufillment though, as it attempts to fill a hole with something that is born out of hollow discontent.

To have something at hand that can take you to that place - joy - instantly makes us very lucky indeed. Unless one gets caught up in the mind too much, of course. 

Invest in the best you can. The poor man pays twice. Save if you have to. It's worth it. If it stops the incessant search for better, your quality of life will go up exponentially. You'll both enjoy the music for what it's worth, rather than dissect it, and free up all the hours spent researching and worrying you're missing out. Music that stirs your soul is a gift to yourself and your happiness. You deserve it.

TL;DR - buy buy buy :¬)

This pretty much is how I consider the benefit of having a music in the home system. I confess it does bug me when people refer to it as a "Hobby". I really think if you regard the ownership of music reproducing equipment as a "Hobby" your really missing the point and missing out on how music can bring something very special into our lives.It may be a quirk of mine, maybe I'm too touchy about it.

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #2,602 of 14,710
  This pretty much is how I consider the benefit of having a music in the home system. I confess it does bug me when people refer to it as a "Hobby". I really think if you regard the ownership of music reproducing equipment as a "Hobby" your really missing the point and missing out on how music can bring something very special into our lives.It may be a quirk of mine, maybe I'm too touchy about it.

very good remarks....
L3000.gif
  animals, trees, silence,books, music, and love are not hobby for me but life itself....

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #2,603 of 14,710
haha. no, I'm still strongly leaning toward the sr007, though I view the sr009 and he1000 as possibilities, which I never thought would be such 7 years ago. I might also pick up the sr507, the "poor man's sr009" since exchange rates are so good now. we'll see.

As shown in this post, even the SR-207 has very similar measurements to the SR-009.

It is a (or rather, THE) way of life!

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #2,605 of 14,710

"Nanometer grade material" -- whatever that means.

Nano Technology means technology at the molecular level. It is not a specific material. Just like Semiconductor Technology is not a specific material. I don't believe HiFiman has the means like Dupont to create a consumer product at a large scale from such a technology.

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:56 PM Post #2,606 of 14,710
  Nano Technology means technology at the molecular level. It is not a specific material. Just like Semiconductor Technology is not a specific material. I don't believe HiFiman has the means like Dupont to create a consumer product at a large scale from such a technology.

Exactly, which is why I had no idea what the material was.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #2,607 of 14,710

Exactly, which is why I had no idea what the material was.

The material I mentioned are already being used by Wisdom Audio that makes their own planar magnetic drivers for their speakers for a few years now. So it is not new. If HiFiman "created" a material just for their headphone, that would be very expensive indeed. Stax spent millions in R&D to make SR009 and it almost bankrupt them. And they've been around much much longer than HiFiman.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:09 PM Post #2,608 of 14,710
  The material I mentioned are already being used by Wisdom Audio that makes their own planar magnetic drivers for their speakers for a few years now. So it is not new. If HiFiman "created" a material just for their headphone, that would be very expensive indeed. Stax spent millions in R&D to make SR009 and it almost bankrupt them. And they've been around much much longer than HiFiman.

I still can't believe Edifier bought STAX for a mere 1.5 million dollars...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back