Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 25, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #1,742 of 14,748
  You said that HD800 is far superior to LCD-3, I don't find it like that, I've had a listen to HD800 and also own HD700 which I don't use anymore and I'd be selling it soon... they just don't get any head time.

The LCD-3 isn't in a world class to my ears. It's enjoyable, it just isn't special. That's all I'm saying.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #1,743 of 14,748
The EL-8 certainly ain't that. They are working on their High-Z headphone. Maybe that one will be their next TOTL. I have no idea.

nope word on the street says the lcdz is not going to be a lcd3 replacement, similar to the lcdx release.

Feb 25, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #1,744 of 14,748
  The LCD-3 isn't in a world class to my ears. It's enjoyable, it just isn't special. That's all I'm saying.

You ears are in a real minority then. The LCD3F is where the magic is at
wink_face.gif

nope word on the street says the lcdz is not going to be a lcd3 replacement, similar to the lcdx release.

Yeah, I heard the Z isn't it but Audeze are surely working on a replacement or at least an improved 3 incorporating some of their new technologies. I think I will be waiting on the HE-1000 for HFM to sort out their QC and also to see what Audeze has coming first. I have a feeling I will not like the HE-1000 as much as the LCD3F though, especially if it has that boring HE-560 sound, but I will give it a go. The 3F is my all time fav.

Frank.. any comments regarding the HE-1000 compared to the LCD3F?

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #1,746 of 14,748
The grill and the headband are the two components that look the most cheap to me, the headband especially.

The headphone just doesn't have a finished look to it.  It appears rough around the edges like a prototype should look.  I hope they iron that out if they're planning to ask $2500+ for the finished product.  

that's right - it's a prototype. seems only fair to save the nitpicking over the quality of the finish for the production model. what i'm referring to is the bold design and overall look which works imo.

Feb 25, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #1,747 of 14,748
  You ears are in a real minority then. The LCD3F is where the magic is at
wink_face.gif

Yeah, I heard the Z isn't it but Audeze are surely working on a replacement or at least an improved 3 incorporating some of their new technologies. I think I will be waiting on the HE-1000 for HFM to sort out their QC and also to see what Audeze has coming first. I have a feeling I will not like the HE-1000 as much as the LCD3F though, especially if it has that boring HE-560 sound, but I will give it a go. The 3F is my all time fav.

Frank.. any comments regarding the HE-1000 compared to the LCD3F?

well, going to be a long wait.

the lcd-z is still just in really early prototype phase from what i heard, so probably won't come out until the later half of this year. don't think they are working on anything else right now & no other rumored audeze headphones being whispered about, but who knows.

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #1,748 of 14,748
that's right - it's a prototype. seems only fair to save the nitpicking over the quality of the finish for the production model. what i'm referring to is the bold design and overall look which works imo.

Bold design?  Hmmm.  Looks almost just like the HE90 in terms of cup shape, just with a much cheaper looking grill and headband.

I really don't see anything I would refer to as bold or even new in terms of styling cues, other than the chrome bling factor that I find very unappealing.

If we don't nitpick or speak our minds with regards to a prototype, how is the Dr. supposed to get any ideas on how to possibly improve the design?

Feb 25, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #1,749 of 14,748
bold doesn't mean new. i think it's making a strong statement. it's a striking design imo and i happen to like it.

prototypes can look pretty rough - this doesn't look too shabby for a prototype. i hope that dr fang sticks with his vision for his flagship despite some of the criticism which seems premature.

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #1,750 of 14,748
  well, going to be a long wait.

the lcd-z is still just in really early prototype phase from what i heard, so probably won't come out until the later half of this year. don't think they are working on anything else right now & no other rumored audeze headphones being whispered about, but who knows.

No rush... have other toys to play with in the meantime... Audeze are always up to something.
I think Hifiman will need a good year to sort out production problems anyway before I would throw down ~$3k on it.

The HE1000 has a better soundstage and is more comfortable than the lCd 3. The sound fromthe hE1000 is very balanced across the spectrum, Bass hit harder on the lCD 3 which has always been an Audeze strong point.

Thanks Frank. I think it will depend how much the HE-1000 will sell for (when Fang works out how much he can milk us for
biggrin.gif
) and if its clearly superior. Or it will be like the Abyss for me. I actually like the LCD3F a little bit more than the Abyss but they are very close and thus I can no way justify getting an Abyss at its price. What I need is a LCD3F with the super clean detail of the 009, maybe the HE-1000 can do that with its nano driver.

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:28 PM Post #1,751 of 14,748

The HE-1000 is statement headphone, not a LCD-3 competitor. It's indirect "competitors" would be the other statement headphones like the SR-009 or Orpheus.

Some will argue that the HE-6 is the actual LCD-3 competitor (TOTL vs TOTL), but 40% cheaper.

I don't think thats the popular opinion.  The LCD3 is a statement headphone, the website even says "the pinnacle of our LCD collection".  LCD3 to my ears are definitely a competitor to the HD800, SR009 and the HE1000.  LCD3 IMO still has the best bass of all headphones.  I'd say between the HE6, HD800, SR009, HE1000, and LCD3... the ones that stands out as being a bit inferior is the HE6 and HD800.  I personally feel the HE6 is a marginally worse headphone, but i think its stands out as being the worst of the group mainly because its strengths are completely outclassed by the HE1000.

The point im trying to make is not that my opinion is better, rather that I think most people would at the very least say the LCD3 competes w/ these TOTLs

Also the orpheus is not a flagship or a statement, its a halo product.  Only 300 or somthing of them were made, never sold to the consumer market.  

Feb 26, 2015 at 3:45 AM Post #1,752 of 14,748
I don't think thats the popular opinion.  The LCD3 is a statement headphone, the website even says "the pinnacle of our LCD collection".  LCD3 to my ears are definitely a competitor to the HD800, SR009 and the HE1000.  LCD3 IMO still has the best bass of all headphones.  I'd say between the HE6, HD800, SR009, HE1000, and LCD3... the ones that stands out as being a bit inferior is the HE6 and HD800.  I personally feel the HE6 is a marginally worse headphone, but i think its stands out as being the worst of the group mainly because its strengths are completely outclassed by the HE1000.

The point im trying to make is not that my opinion is better, rather that I think most people would at the very least say the LCD3 competes w/ these TOTLs

Also the orpheus is not a flagship or a statement, its a halo product.  Only 300 or somthing of them were made, never sold to the consumer market.  

Sounds like you heard the he1000. How about a detailed comparison with the other HPs you mentioned? Particularly 009 if you feel they belong in the same SQ category

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #1,753 of 14,748
However the HE-1000 is, its certainly a product that looks to be in the high price range, meaning it will be rather smart to test it yourself to know if its worth the money.
That I think will be the biggest problem for HIFIMAN. I can spend 99 bucks on a pair of IEM for workplace, but I will test a HE-400 before I buy it (thats what I did).
If we take this to the HE-1000, Id say its even more this way.

With that In mind, I dont see the reason to advocate for how it performs compared to other flagships since each person might see it a bit differently.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #1,754 of 14,748
  However the HE-1000 is, its certainly a product that looks to be in the high price range, meaning it will be rather smart to test it yourself to know if its worth the money.
That I think will be the biggest problem for HIFIMAN. I can spend 99 bucks on a pair of IEM for workplace, but I will test a HE-400 before I buy it (thats what I did).
If we take this to the HE-1000, Id say its even more this way.

As always buyer should audition before buying to make sure it is the right product for them. I always through the years used reviews as a starting point to audition gear I may be interested in but in the end it is what relly matters to the user after everyone is different . I encourage people to hear this at meets when it is available  or arrange a  demo with a dealer.  Always listen before you buy if you can. 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back