Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Feb 22, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #1,681 of 14,707
  The sound from both ar excellent in my system but I  have  to say this the truth ,. The HD800 is my longest owned headphone and wont be leaving but this is really in another class.
Thanks for the kindnwords and I do have boith cans here the HD800 and a loaner T1 and this is  at another level.  Heck I love them all. Bruckner 9th on RR with Que sounds excellent.  Have it playing on the cavalli liquid gold.

I don't suppose you'd be able to do a comparison between the HE-1000 and SR-009...? (Even if only from memory.)

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #1,682 of 14,707
not many folks have heard this can so i appreciate any listening impressions being posted. sure is more interesting to me than anything else i'm seeing here so keep them coming.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #1,685 of 14,707
I can't understand why they don't publish the price?

To drive us insane, of course! ^_^

But really, this is a common marketing strategy (I would know, since I have professional marketing experience) -- hint at the release of a product, slowly release information and experiences related to it, build up the hype, make everyone badly want it, then finally, when the release date comes, there's a frenzy of sales!

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:07 AM Post #1,688 of 14,707

To drive us insane, of course! ^_^

But really, this is a common marketing strategy (I would know, since I have professional marketing experience) -- hint at the release of a product, slowly release information and experiences related to it, build up the hype, make everyone badly want it, then finally, when the release date comes, there's a frenzy of sales!

Ah! we, the puppets! mere pawns in the game of life! shame on us. I call for a moratorium on the posts!

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #1,689 of 14,707

I don't suppose you'd be able to do a comparison between the HE-1000 and SR-009...? (Even if only from memory.)

Wish I had an proper Stax amp and an 009 to make a side by side comparison but Unfortunately I do not have a stax rig or know anyone close to me who does have one.

Feb 23, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #1,691 of 14,707
  Ah! we, the puppets! mere pawns in the game of life! shame on us. I call for a moratorium on the posts!

Marketing lesson #2: avoid language the masses don't understand, especially in a call to action.
tongue.gif

It is more effective to build up interest for a product before it is released, as opposed to silently releasing it without any promotion beforehand, which would obviously not be good for sales in the short run. And the genius of it all is that we Head-Fi'ers run the hype machine ourselves, what with our tendency to chat about audio stuff.

Wish I had an proper Stax amp and an 009 to make a side by side comparison but Unfortunately I do not have a stax rig or know anyone close to me who does have one.

Oh, I assumed you had heard it sometime in the past and would have insights. Thanks anyway.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #1,692 of 14,707
Every time I get into this website I am faced in the webpage with the crazy-looking guy with the crazy hair, mouth agape with what looks like a sugar cube between his teeth, looking scared out of his wits, having his IEM custom impressions made with a new system of some sort.  What a scary way to welcome you to head-fi.  Not a good thing to have that guy be the face of head-fi.org.  C'mon Jude, how about a lightly-clad Jenifer Lawrence to welcome us to the site...C'mon, spread the nice welcome mat for us, man.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #1,693 of 14,707
This is nuts.  I had previously been on the other (pretty much inactive) thread for these headphones without realising that over here there was 113 pages of people guessing how good they're gonna be and what they're gonna cost.  Safe to say HiFiMan's marketing strategy has been pretty successful generating interest and hype thus far.  Hopefully they follow up with a product launch soon, otherwise the interest and hype will just turn into impatience and frustration.

Feb 23, 2015 at 1:30 AM Post #1,694 of 14,707
  Every time I get into this website I am faced in the webpage with the crazy-looking guy with the crazy hair, mouth agape with what looks like a cube of sugar between his teeth, looking scared out of his wits, having his IEM custom impressions made with a new system of some sort.  What a scary way to welcome you to head-fi.  Not a good thing to have that guy be the face of head-fi.org.  C'mon Jude, how about a lightly-clad Jenifer Lawrence to welcome us to the site...C'mon, spread the nice welcome mat for us, man.

lol maybe bookmark the forum link instead?

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #1,695 of 14,707
  Every time I get into this website I am faced in the webpage with the crazy-looking guy with the crazy hair, mouth agape with what looks like a sugar cube between his teeth, looking scared out of his wits, having his IEM custom impressions made with a new system of some sort.  What a scary way to welcome you to head-fi.  Not a good thing to have that guy be the face of head-fi.org.  C'mon Jude, how about a lightly-clad Jenifer Lawrence to welcome us to the site...C'mon, spread the nice welcome mat for us, man.

I think you're trying to have a laugh of some sort but let's not suggest terrible ideas. The person you're referring to as "crazy-looking guy" is a founder and owner of a super rad headphone store in Tokyo. If you wanna look at lightly-clad women, the internet is a big place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back