HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone
Feb 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #12,061 of 21,868
wink_face.gif
 Love the warning note! 

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #12,062 of 21,868
It is convenient to unplug the speaker cable terminals (speaker side) and plug them to the adapter for headphone reproduction. To listen from speakers, I just replug the cable terminals back to the speakers binding posts. One trade off is that I'm obliged to also "listen" the speaker cables themselves as they are included in the audio chain.

Feb 20, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #12,063 of 21,868
You could put an additional set of binding posts on your adapter box with a bypass switch. That way you don't have to unplug your speakers.

Feb 20, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #12,064 of 21,868
It's intentional (to wire this way)! I needed to know how MUCH better is my Hifimans than my speakers (Audio Physic Step Anniversary) keeping exactly the same setup (including the speaker cables). 

Feb 21, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #12,066 of 21,868
Mr late to the party chiming in on the mods. I had my headphone rig down for a couple months while my DAC was being repaired. This week I completed my fuzzor and grill mods. For those on the fence who like listening to the 6s with some authority, your gonna love the subtle nuances these mods offer. I also like what the mods did to piano and voices. They seem sharper with a better timbre.

The 6s are a project headphone that offer world class performance when set up with care.

Feb 21, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #12,067 of 21,868
May I ask what mod was done and do you have any pics tho share

Al

Feb 21, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #12,068 of 21,868
Mr late to the party chiming in on the mods. I had my headphone rig down for a couple months while my DAC was being repaired. This week I completed my fuzzor and grill mods. For those on the fence who like listening to the 6s with some authority, your gonna love the subtle nuances these mods offer. I also like what the mods did to piano and voices. They seem sharper with a better timbre.

The 6s are a project headphone that offer world class performance when set up with care.

That's interesting, piano is hard to get just right, in many cases the soul is sucked out of the sound and the notes sound flat (though even without the mods I'm not complaining with the 6).  It didn't muddy up the string instruments I presume?

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #12,071 of 21,868
Site is a Greek one (I'm Greek). Thread was about the search for the best headphone in existence that could reminiscent of my best speaker experience ever (Raidho D2). Well, after listening to some contenders (including the Audeze LCD-3 - which I didn't like) I found my bliss with... you know, HE-6!

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #12,072 of 21,868
Yes Raidho is so good, especially their bigger speakers. Dunno about the "affordable" part on their banner that they usually display at hi-fi show though. Even a small pair costs (several) arms and legs 
tongue.gif

Anyway one can't see the pic unless registered, and I can't answer the anti-spam question (It's in Greek!). Any chance you could just upload the pic to Head-fi/imgur? :p

Feb 22, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #12,075 of 21,868
Question: as HE-6s have that caliber, why didn't Mr. Fang "commercialize" all those wonderful mods for HE-6 owners, as Steeve McCormack did for his amps? MAy be a Hifiman HE-6 SE Revision IV Gold! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back