= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Aug 18, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #20,087 of 21,175
I used iSine at work and loved it. They are a little odd to walk around in but they have full sized headphone qualities to them in a small package so I enjoyed using them at work and around the house as it was lighter to wear than a headphone. Ive since sold them because I stepped up and got the Unique Melody ME1 planar iem which I'm in the process of getting them converted to ciem next week.

I haven't heard the GTR. It's not out yet and they keep failing their crowdfunding. I've only seen a couple impression reviews around. I think some say it had narrow width which I don't like. It also sounds like they've tweaked their sound sig since last year for the better though.

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #20,088 of 21,175
I used iSine at work and loved it. They are a little odd to walk around in but they have full sized headphone qualities to them in a small package so I enjoyed using them at work and around the house as it was lighter to wear than a headphone. Ive since sold them because I stepped up and got the Unique Melody ME1 planar iem which I'm in the process of getting them converted to ciem next week.

I haven't heard the GTR. It's not out yet and they keep failing their crowdfunding. I've only seen a couple impression reviews around. I think some say it had narrow width which I don't like. It also sounds like they've tweaked their sound sig since last year for the better though.
Hmm yeah I'm just not a fan of open designs for on the go and am actually exploring bluetooth atm, so I'm looking at the Beyer Aventho wireless when it hopefully dips below $300. Kinda salty I missed out on the Audeze Mobius Kickstarter, mighta been decent for $250 esp since I also game.

Aug 18, 2018 at 11:38 AM Post #20,089 of 21,175
I was looking at the iSine IEMs but I don't see the point in IEMs if they aren't portable. Any thoughts on the Advanced GT-R? It seems to be receiving good reviews.

In a likelihood we're never going to see the GT-R get made. On its 3rd crowd funding attempt and it's not looking good.

Aug 18, 2018 at 3:59 PM Post #20,091 of 21,175
Yeah figuring as much =/

I'm looking at the Argon MkIII and T60RP rn but I can't seem to get confirmation that the latter is planar.

Yea, the Fostex RP line use planar magnetic drivers.

Aug 22, 2018 at 1:49 PM Post #20,095 of 21,175
for anyone waiting they say they new headbands will be in the end of next week.
Be patient. Take the option that's covered by warranty and is no cost to you. No sense in throwing money at a problem that's going to be resolved for free.

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:22 PM Post #20,099 of 21,175
Do you guys have larger heads?

The headband strap on the Sundara headband and the HE560 headbands are the same length when disassembled, at least when on the ones I have and lineup with what was mentioned on here before. For HE560, I click up two spots ( of 6 total clicks). For the Sundara, I click up three spots (of 7 total clicks) for optimal fit.

Aug 24, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #20,100 of 21,175
for me its more the way they sit. i was told they added an inch of extra material so ill see. i have a pair of sundara here i borrowed to do some listening with again and i can say they do fit different for me. im wondering if some people got a slightly different band then others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back