= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
Oct 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #8,821 of 21,176
am glad u believe that..as in so their minimum of 6months backlog is one person less to wait behind...and so one happy person will get his amp a little sooner...so thanks my friend for being so nice to others...wouldnt expect otherwise from u
very_evil_smiley.gif

In the realm of the theoretical I play both angel and devil.  I leave it to you to figure out which hat I'm wearing at any given moment 
wink.gif

You ain't gett'in a Blue Circle Christmas card from Hifi, either.

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #8,822 of 21,176
Paulo, when did you develop this mean streak?!? Is Skyline anticipation pushing you over the edge Bro?:wink_face:
now...am still nice guy...sort of..hehehehe .but am just giving some fight back to thurstonx..we go a long way back here on headfi..and i respect him deeply for his diy challenges..and are friends...so no worries..we both can handle it :D

But yeah..waiting for my r33 is hard, but am sure as soon i have some drives in it, i will be as relaxed as bob marley was after smoking some weed :wink:

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #8,823 of 21,176
You ain't gett'in a Blue Circle Christmas card from Hifi, either.
u guess? Maybe ..but maybe i will sent him those stinky cards (with BC logo on it to put him on the wrong track)...when u open it it smells like rotten eggs... :veryevil:
Oops..paulo...go back checking ur pics for ur future car nirvana!!!...relaaaaax..be nice to others...crazy monkey dude is a nice guy..very deep inside :wink:

Oct 10, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #8,824 of 21,176
When Iheard the lcd-3 the bass seemed like it was purposely rounded off at the top of its punch so that it didn't protrude into the rest of the spectrum while also keeping the overall balance of the gentle tonality. It definitely had had a lot of surface area though and like raven said it seemed more atmospheric But also to something I wasn'texpecting was that I could localize the bass was coming from the driver. It ddidn't bother me though. It was probably just because of the excursion. As far as amps go, Iwas never a believer until I heard the lcd_3 though the liquid gold. That amp really changed the sound of the headphone and opened it up. Showed the real soul of the headphones detail and velvety fleshlike texture. When Iblistened to it througha Burson soloist I wasn't nearly as impressed. Maybe that wwas just the effect of having more voltage and less current. I don't have much experience with different amps

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #8,825 of 21,176
now...am still nice guy...sort of..hehehehe .but am just giving some fight back to thurstonx..we go a long way back here on headfi..and i respect him deeply for his diy challenges..and are friends...so no worries..we both can handle it
biggrin.gif

But yeah..waiting for my r33 is hard, but am sure as soon i have some drives in it, i will be as relaxed as bob marley was after smoking some weed
wink.gif

Heheheh, it's a good back and forth, ain't it.  For the record, I'd love to hear your rig, and my cans on it.  And then your family and I will strap you into a comfy chair and force you to take a double-blind test
wink.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #8,826 of 21,176
u guess? Maybe ..but maybe i will sent him those stinky cards (with BC logo on it to put him on the wrong track)...when u open it it smells like rotten eggs...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oops..paulo...go back checking ur pics for ur future car nirvana!!!...relaaaaax..be nice to others...crazy monkey dude is a nice guy..very deep inside
wink.gif

I am, really, and I'd love to get the BC card.  Just be careful what you slip into the envelope, Mr. Amsterdam.  I'd hate for you to end up behind bars.  Don't think they'll let you haul your rig in there.  Worse, they'll force you to listen to HE-560s driven by my Nexus 7 (no external DAC or amp) 
eek.gif
  See, a double-blind test doesn't sound so bad now, does it.

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #8,827 of 21,176
Heheheh, it's a good back and forth, ain't it.  For the record, I'd love to hear your rig, and my cans on it.  And then your family and I will strap you into a comfy chair and force you to take a double-blind test :wink:  
ur soooo bad..straping me in a chair? Shame on u..hehehehe
But seriously..i just saw that my new cable will be here on the 14th, so i asked a friend of mine to join me on a Very discutable journey: blind test between my two cables of toxic...he is a guy with lots of experience in professional audio for many years... He was the one who made me buy the code-x in the first place (instead of the he6) when he heard the first demo code-x himself and made me sell my beloved he500 (in my opinion still the best phone in that pricerange, when modded), and made me change my specs for the amp i got now..as initially i wanted an amp for my modded he500 i had back then..and initially i only wanted to spend a max of 1200usd on it...ouch that became a eeny weeny bit more :p

But as i said before..ur welcome to hear my rig...but be careful...anyone who has the budget in my neighboorhood are seriously thinkin in getting a BC headphone amp themselves AND a hifiman headphone (most have sennheiser and beyer stuff, And didnt even ever hear about the brand hifiman before i showed them my he500)....as most use a headphone as backup for their speaker rigs..as i did in the past. :p

But my rig made them getting curious about hifiman and BC. So its a pity i cant get my hands on a he560 for next week..as that would be perfect..two cables and two different headphones...one affordable model of each (cable/headphone) and one expensive one.....

My budget is low now..just paid for my new cable..and new house in november (wifey is getting berzerk on the interior! Just got final invoice for the new kitchen in black HUGE ouch) and my R33 skyline coming in from japan in november. (I hope!).. So i cant afford another headphone now :xf_eek:

But u never know..who knows a loaner shows up on my doorstep :p

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #8,828 of 21,176
ur soooo bad..straping me in a chair? Shame on u..hehehehe
But seriously..i just saw that my new cable will be here on the 14th, so i asked a friend of mine to join me on a Very discutable journey: blind test between my two cables of toxic...he is a guy with lots of experience in professional audio for many years... He was the one who made me buy the code-x in the first place (instead of the he6) when he heard the first demo code-x himself and made me sell my beloved he500 (in my opinion still the best phone in that pricerange, when modded), and made me change my specs for the amp i got now..as initially i wanted an amp for my modded he500 i had back then..and initially i only wanted to spend a max of 1200usd on it...ouch that became a eeny weeny bit more
tongue.gif

Sounds like fun, but that's not even close to the double-blind test(s) I have in mind.

Was going to post something about the HE-560s rockin' the HE-500s (both modded), and while in many ways they do, I'll abstain.

Oct 10, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #8,829 of 21,176
I am, really, and I'd love to get the BC card.  Just be careful what you slip into the envelope, Mr. Amsterdam.  I'd hate for you to end up behind bars.  Don't think they'll let you haul your rig in there.  Worse, they'll force you to listen to HE-560s driven by my Nexus 7 (no external DAC or amp) :eek:   See, a double-blind test doesn't sound so bad now, does it.
arrrrgggggghhhhhhh noooooo. Plssssss...noooooooo.....hehehehehe ur right..a blind test would sound like heaven then :D
And dont worry...i know what to put in the envelope :veryevil:
Yep..the weight of all my amp parts would probably prevent the plane to take off :wink: but if u ever visit amsterdam :cool:

Oct 10, 2014 at 3:01 PM Post #8,830 of 21,176
When Iheard the lcd-3 the bass seemed like it was purposely rounded off at the top of its punch so that it didn't protrude into the rest of the spectrum while also keeping the overall balance of the gentle tonality. It definitely had had a lot of surface area though and like raven said it seemed more atmospheric But also to something I wasn'texpecting was that I could localize the bass was coming from the driver. It ddidn't bother me though. It was probably just because of the excursion. As far as amps go, Iwas never a believer until I heard the lcd_3 though the liquid gold. That amp really changed the sound of the headphone and opened it up. Showed the real soul of the headphones detail and velvety fleshlike texture. When Iblistened to it througha Burson soloist I wasn't nearly as impressed. Maybe that wwas just the effect of having more voltage and less current. I don't have much experience with different amps

More Voltage less currrent isn't going to fly. The HE-560's are resistive (constant) so as the voltage goes up, so does the current.

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #8,831 of 21,176
Oh man this thread is just a constant, off-topic back and forth 
biggrin.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #8,833 of 21,176
C'mon you must enjoy Hifi's enthusiasm/theatrics and the related banter.

If i am not here it quickly:D gets boring :D
And i am different..for sure i am probably one of the few..if not only southern european (portuguese blood) dude on this thread..and we just react and express differently (more enthousiastic) then the little bit drier attitude of the northern american/ northern european dudes here... But am glad we are all different with our own priorities and likings..thats whats fun on headfi..the international mixture of people.
And one of the other reasons i am here is to improve my english..or at least keep it updated :D

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #8,834 of 21,176
If i am not here it quickly:D gets boring
biggrin.gif

And i am different..for sure i am probably one of the few..if not only southern european (portuguese blood) dude on this thread..and we just react and express differently (more enthousiastic) then the little bit drier attitude of the northern american/ northern european dudes here... But am glad we are all different with our own priorities and likings..thats whats fun on headfi..the international mixture of people.
And one of the other reasons i am here is to improve my english..or at least keep it updated
biggrin.gif

May I recommend http://joel.net/EBONICS/Translator 
eek.gif

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #8,835 of 21,176
If i am not here it quickly:D gets boring :D
And one of the other reasons i am here is to improve my english..or at least keep it updated :D

It's great to see the Rangy/HiFiMan Show back on the road, have you set a tour date for Nashville yet?:scream:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back