= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 2, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #1,726 of 21,175
  Dang, that box is shag-a-licious!! Makes me regret holding out for the 400i. I bet that it doesn't get a fancy box. 
frown.gif

it made me regret not selling something to order the 560 !

May 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #1,728 of 21,175
Dhl just informed me mine is stuck in customs and I need to pay for them to release it. Doh

DHL is a customs agent, they should declare in your name and get the import duty and VAT + an extortionate admin fee back from you upon delivery.  They shouldn't waste time with this, asking you for prepayment.  Anyway, tell them to declare under HS code 8518 3095 90.  For the EU it's 2% import duty from China and for Belgium 21% VAT.  Plus the DHL handling fee but as you're doing their job for them they should waive that.

May 2, 2014 at 8:11 AM Post #1,729 of 21,175
May 2, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #1,730 of 21,175
  DHL is a customs agent, they should declare in your name and get the import duty and VAT + an extortionate admin fee back from you upon delivery.  They shouldn't waste time with this, asking you for prepayment.  Anyway, tell them to declare under HS code 8518 3095 90.  For the EU it's 2% import duty from China and for Belgium 21% VAT.  Plus the DHL handling fee but as you're doing their job for them they should waive that.

I'm not disparaging DHL, but if it was a Friday and I was the delivery guy and found myself short on beer money, every customer might find their package stuck in customs and needing a few bucks to shake it loose.

May 2, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #1,733 of 21,175

They are definitely not identical, but I'm not sure if they are actually different in diameter. When on actually put them on you don't notice the asymmetry at all. I think it has to do with the way the velour is stitched on to the pleather--perhaps that process results in some irregularities?

It's assymmetrical because the pads are (very slightly) angled, and you need to line up the angling. They should line up via the cross-stitching seam through the pleather rim.

like this

May 2, 2014 at 9:20 AM Post #1,734 of 21,175

50€ charge. that's ok seeing what this headphone costs.
But yeah, it's new and now I have to pay upfront or they won't release it.

May 2, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #1,735 of 21,175
50€ charge. that's ok seeing what this headphone costs.
But yeah, it's new and now I have to pay upfront or they won't release it.

That's really good actually, I would have to pay around 120€. Here they ask me to forward the receipt and then upon delivery I have to pay the fees.

May 2, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #1,736 of 21,175
  It's assymmetrical because the pads are (very slightly) angled, and you need to line up the angling. They should line up via the cross-stitching seam through the pleather rim.

like this

It's strange that your pads line up like that because mine don't. It appears that I got two of the same pad, so to getting the thicker side of the pad to the back side of both cups requires me to have one of the cross-stitches facing the ceiling and the other facing the ground.

May 2, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #1,738 of 21,175

It's strange that your pads line up like that because mine don't. It appears that I got two of the same pad, so to getting the thicker side of the pad to the back side of both cups requires me to have one of the cross-stitches facing the ceiling and the other facing the ground.

Odd indeed. Like you mentioned it shouldn't affect the intended sound as long as you line up the geometry of the pads, this is more of a OCD thing. Still if you are bothered by a lack of symmetry this could be irritating.

May 2, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #1,740 of 21,175
  I thought that the cable was being reworked. Looks just the same to me. Am I missing something?

The core is now a copper-silver hybrid braid, but the sleeving is still rubber, that's my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back