= HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread =
May 2, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #1,712 of 21,175
  WOW DAT BOX. Never owned a HiFiMAN before but has their packaging always been that nice??

stjj89, is that second box the traveling case that comes with the preorder?

Yep, that second box did indeed contain the travelling case! It's a pretty good one too :)

May 2, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #1,713 of 21,175

Yep, that second box did indeed contain the travelling case! It's a pretty good one too :)

Nice! Any chance we can get a picture of that too? :D

May 2, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #1,714 of 21,175
May 2, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #1,715 of 21,175

Your wish is my command!

Thanks! Hmm, does that case actually fit the HE-560 though? It seems like the inside is shaped for the older HiFiMAN models.

May 2, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #1,716 of 21,175
Beautiful box.

I'm going to officially start the unofficial speculation that the delay was caused by HiFiMan having to upgrade the box, due to the impression created by the Oppo.

You're a very lucky dog, stjj89, there's many here who will be jealous as all-get-out that you got yours on a Friday and can have fun with it all weekend. 

We'll need a report every 15 minutes during the weekend. Remember, this is a global audience, so there is no down time. You'll probably be too excited to sleep anyway, but just in case, line up your backup crew of family and friends to pitch in if necessary.

We're counting on you !!!

May 2, 2014 at 2:57 AM Post #1,717 of 21,175

I'm going to officially start the unofficial speculation that the delay was caused by HiFiMan having to upgrade the box, due to the impression created by the Oppo.

I was actually thinking the same thing lol. Not gonna complain though, that box is worth it!

May 2, 2014 at 3:03 AM Post #1,718 of 21,175
  Not sure if I'm officially the first person to receive these, but here are some unboxing pictures!

Now it's time for some serious listening...impressions soon!

Dang it that is making me regret my he-6 purchase...The aesthetics of a box lol. I still want to know which has more bass a well amped he-6 or he560.

May 2, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #1,719 of 21,175

Thanks! Hmm, does that case actually fit the HE-560 though? It seems like the inside is shaped for the older HiFiMAN models.

I didn't think to try that before! It actually does fit, but the foam mould was clearly designed for older HE models and not the new HE-560. The new headband kinda sits on the foam instead of in the moulded slot when fitting inside this case. Hmmm, something to write to HiFiMAN about...

We'll need a report every 15 minutes during the weekend. Remember, this is a global audience, so there is no down time. You'll probably be too excited to sleep anyway, but just in case, line up your backup crew of family and friends to pitch in if necessary.

We're counting on you !!!

Roger that. I haven't written any reviews here before and so I'll try my best!

Dang it that is making me regret my he-6 purchase...The aesthetics of a box lol. I still want to know which has more bass a well amped he-6 or he560.

Probably can't help you there since I don't own a HE-6 and am running my HE-560 out of a humble Aune T1. However, I was really quite impressed with he bass on this thing right out of the box. For what has been labelled as a very neutral can, these definitely deliver the textured, tight bass I was looking for! They seem to respond well to bass EQ-ing too (I tried this for some Trap and Deep House).

May 2, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #1,721 of 21,175
I am not looking!
I wanna be surprised for once!
EDIT; I am weak -_-

Is it just me or are the earpads different in diameter?

May 2, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #1,722 of 21,175
Is it just me or are the earpads different in diameter?

They are definitely not identical, but I'm not sure if they are actually different in diameter. When on actually put them on you don't notice the asymmetry at all. I think it has to do with the way the velour is stitched on to the pleather--perhaps that process results in some irregularities?

May 2, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #1,723 of 21,175

They are definitely not identical, but I'm not sure if they are actually different in diameter. When on actually put them on you don't notice the asymmetry at all. I think it has to do with the way the velour is stitched on to the pleather--perhaps that process results in some irregularities?

Seems so, are the ear openings the same though?

May 2, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #1,724 of 21,175
May 2, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #1,725 of 21,175
Dang, that box is shag-a-licious!! Makes me regret holding out for the 400i. I bet that it doesn't get a fancy box. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back