HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Oct 17, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #14,806 of 20,386
  Hello Guys,

i have a question

As marked it the Photo (photo's not mine, i just marked the screw) i have a problem with the Screw in the front and in the back, it has to be retighten almost every day.

Now i wrote the shop where i bought it and he recommended me a Loctite glue to fix the screw. he also says that guarantee is not lost because the distributor for hifiman hp appearently suggests this method for loose screws (i have about 8 months left of guarantee).

But when i glue the 2 screws i can not move the earcup then, or is there a better method to fix the screw and keep the earcup moveable?

I hope you guys can help me.

thx

A bit of Teflon tape? Available in any local hardware store in plumbing section. Used on pipe threads for secure fit but can still be turned.

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #14,807 of 20,386
  A bit of Teflon tape? Available in any local hardware store in plumbing section. Used on pipe threads for secure fit but can still be turned.

I've looked it up and my dad says this could work!
I'm still open for suggestions though, but thx for this advice. My dad says he probably has something like this and will look it up tomorrow.

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #14,808 of 20,386
  Hello Guys,

i have a question

As marked it the Photo (photo's not mine, i just marked the screw) i have a problem with the Screw in the front and in the back, it has to be retighten almost every day.

Now i wrote the shop where i bought it and he recommended me a Loctite glue to fix the screw. he also says that guarantee is not lost because the distributor for hifiman hp appearently suggests this method for loose screws (i have about 8 months left of guarantee).

But when i glue the 2 screws i can not move the earcup then, or is there a better method to fix the screw and keep the earcup moveable?

I hope you guys can help me.

thx

The Loctite glue has to be applied only to the threads on the screw. Don't apply it over the countersunk area.

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #14,810 of 20,386
Yes, yes it is.  What were you drinking?  Oz Pinot?  I'm always looking for something new, though I live quite happily with the super cheap Smoking Loon (Cali).  Yes, a good Pinot really smooths out the HE-500s.  I could listen all night :wink:

I can't remember tbh I think it's Italian

Oct 17, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #14,813 of 20,386

LOL, thought you'd missed that OT question.

I was going to answer and forgot, then I had a niggling feeling I hadn't. I had the bottle I was going to take a pic of but now its in the trash lol

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #14,816 of 20,386
  You have him chained up in "The Laboratory?"

He's a willing volunteer, dammit.  How many times do I have to explain that to you PETA ppl?!!?  And I don't even make him test with the HE-500s.  Far too heavy for him.

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #14,817 of 20,386

He's a willing volunteer, dammit.  How many times do I have to explain that to you PETA ppl?!!?  And I don't even make him test with the HE-500s.  Far too heavy for him.

Liar, you won't let him have the good stuff, like your HE-500's or HE-560's. You are a cruel man. Lord knows what kind of funky amp you've given him.

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:25 PM Post #14,818 of 20,386
  Liar, you won't let him have the good stuff, like your HE-500's or HE-560's. You are a cruel man. Lord knows what kind of funky amp you've given him.

HE-560s driven by a JDS Labs C5 portable... and a mostly broken ancient iRiver DAP loaded with mp3s encoded at 128 kbps (I was going to use APE files, but he threatened to go on strike) 
tongue.gif
  Hmmmm, perhaps that explains his expression in that pic.

Oct 17, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #14,819 of 20,386

HE-560s driven by a JDS Labs C5 portable... and a mostly broken ancient iRiver DAP loaded with mp3s encoded at 128 kbps (I was going to use APE files, but he threatened to go on strike) 
tongue.gif
  Hmmmm, perhaps that explains his expression in that pic.

You've already admitted that he uses an old broken pair of K550s. We have evidence, a picture. That stuff about giving him an HE-560 is a fabrication. That JDS Labs C5 can maybe crank out 70 mW at 50 Ohms, not in the territory of an 560's needs, either he has incredibly sensitive hearing or you really gave him a old pair of IEM's that you had laying around.

Oct 17, 2014 at 6:40 PM Post #14,820 of 20,386
  You've already admitted that he uses an old broken pair of K550s. We have evidence, a picture. That stuff about giving him an HE-560 is a fabrication. That JDS Labs C5 can maybe crank out 70 mW at 50 Ohms, not in the territory of an 560's needs, either he has incredibly sensitive hearing or you really gave him a old pair of IEM's that you had laying around.

Please find that quote from me 
tongue.gif
  Those K550s are nearly pristine.  Now, that old iRiver DAP...  look, man, I was admitting to torturing the poor li'l guy with that setup.  What do you want??  Or are you secretly a member of that other PETA?  People for the Eating of Tasty Animals 
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back