HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Oct 16, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #14,792 of 20,386
  For now 
tongue_smile.gif

Nah, but I'm seriously done buying stuff for a while. The only real upgrade is the 009 which I can't afford so no point upgrading amps and DACs for that extra 1% improvement. 

What are you replacing the V200 that you listed for sale with? A pity you didn't list it a week earlier, was on the lookout for a 230V unit for nearly a month and couldn't find anything, eventually got hold of a V100..

Oct 16, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #14,793 of 20,386

You can also check out MiniDSPs products. I'd be quite curious to see when IEM manufacturers start experimenting with active crossovers to reduce the size of multi-driver IEMs.

Damn you!  $105 for a programmable active crossover (no PC connection needed after setup).  Now I have another itch to scratch 
wink.gif

Balanced IEM with active crossover - add another drive at same size or reduce size/weight - nice!  I'm an over-the-ear kind of guy but that's intriguing.  

Bet it wouldn't take much to convince Shenzen Audiio to customize a TTPOD if someone wanted to experiment http://www.shenzhenaudio.com/ttpod-t1-e-high-definition-dual-dynamic-professional-in-ear-headphones-earphones-2014-new.html

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #14,794 of 20,386

Sorry I'm so chatty I've already polished off a bottle of Pinot. Best SQ improvement ever

Yes, yes it is.  What were you drinking?  Oz Pinot?  I'm always looking for something new, though I live quite happily with the super cheap Smoking Loon (Cali).  Yes, a good Pinot really smooths out the HE-500s.  I could listen all night 
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #14,795 of 20,386
What about the HE-560s?

I, too, have been thinking about selling the HE-500s, but then I put them on and can't do it.  They're quite different from the HE-560s, so for me, it's worth having both.  And since they're out of production, I'm hoping they'll increase in value 
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #14,797 of 20,386
Just got the M9 home and geez it sounds bloody fantastic, so smooth yet so detailed. That harshness (ear bleeding sensation) I had with the HD800s is all but gone. I also wacked in my HE500s and TH600s quickly skipped through a few songs, it makes those cans really really shine. It sounds like it transforms all my cans, like I've never heard them before. There's so much weight to the bottom end and not the kind of weight that stuffs up all the other frequencies, it adds and enhances them. The mids are nice, clean and smooth and doesn't have that brittle sound I was experiencing in the upper mids which with the HD800s made it unbearable on some tracks. I had EQ down those frequencies. Now I don't use the EQ. Highs are extended without sounding rolled off. It sounds so smooth, full and natural I don't know how to describe it because I've never heard my cans like this before. There's just so much sound being delivered to my ears. I'm really enjoying this. Time to burn it in.

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #14,798 of 20,386
Oct 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM Post #14,799 of 20,386
Just got the M9 home and geez it sounds bloody fantastic, so smooth yet so detailed. That harshness (ear bleeding sensation) I had with the HD800s is all but gone. I also wacked in my HE500s and TH600s quickly skipped through a few songs, it makes those cans really really shine. It sounds like it transforms all my cans, like I've never heard them before. There's so much weight to the bottom end and not the kind of weight that stuffs up all the other frequencies, it adds and enhances them. The mids are nice, clean and smooth and doesn't have that brittle sound I was experiencing in the upper mids which with the HD800s made it unbearable on some tracks. I had EQ down those frequencies. Now I don't use the EQ. Highs are extended without sounding rolled off. It sounds so smooth, full and natural I don't know how to describe it because I've never heard my cans like this before. There's just so much sound being delivered to my ears. I'm really enjoying this. Time to burn it in.

By M9, do you mean Audio-GD Master 9?

Oct 17, 2014 at 11:49 AM Post #14,800 of 20,386
Oct 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #14,801 of 20,386
Oct 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #14,802 of 20,386

Wow, sorry to hear that Rangy got fleeced. J/K, sure. I'll have to check the FS forum to confirm, unless you already sold it to HiFi.

It's OK, he paid in bananas.  Get it?  Cuz you'd have to be bananas to buy that cable (looking at you, HiFi! :wink:

Speaking of, I need to go finish a cable for my Q701s.  Here's some free advice: never buy a budget soldering station (in this case, Kendal).  Iron died on me, and the replacement heating element requires.... you guessed it: a soldering iron to swap it in.  Picked up a Hakko.  We shall see.  At least the Amazon seller sent me a replacement iron for free.  That Kendal will end up on eBay, mark my words.

Oct 17, 2014 at 12:51 PM Post #14,803 of 20,386

It's OK, he paid in bananas.  Get it?  Cuz you'd have to be bananas to buy that cable (looking at you, HiFi! :wink:

Speaking of, I need to go finish a cable for my Q701s.  Here's some free advice: never buy a budget soldering station (in this case, Kendal).  Iron died on me, and the replacement heating element requires.... you guessed it: a soldering iron to swap it in.  Picked up a Hakko.  We shall see.  At least the Amazon seller sent me a replacement iron for free.  That Kendal will end up on eBay, mark my words.

Probably made in the same factory as an iPhone, only during the night shift. May I recommend the below.

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #14,804 of 20,386
  Probably made in the same factory as an iPhone, only during the night shift. May I recommend the below.

LOL.  At first I thought you were talking about the bananas cable.  Well, that was probably produced in the same place, too.

Oct 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #14,805 of 20,386
Hello Guys,

i have a question

As marked it the Photo (photo's not mine, i just marked the screw) i have a problem with the Screw in the front and in the back, it has to be retighten almost every day.

Now i wrote the shop where i bought it and he recommended me a Loctite glue to fix the screw. he also says that guarantee is not lost because the distributor for hifiman hp appearently suggests this method for loose screws (i have about 8 months left of guarantee).

But when i glue the 2 screws i can not move the earcup then, or is there a better method to fix the screw and keep the earcup moveable?

I hope you guys can help me.

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back