HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Oct 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #8,431 of 20,386
Not the Valhalla. Vali Schiit. It's out in a couple of weeks for $120.

Shhhhhh it's supposed to be a secret for the time being 
rolleyes.gif

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM Post #8,433 of 20,386
I would go for the Hitachi. Check out the Vintage Receiver Integrated Amps thread and ask your question there.

Hi, I've been trying to find an old school amp to pair with a new school DAC (es9018) locally where I am and I saw this one today.
Hitachi HA-400
http://audio-database.com/Lo-D-HITACHI/amp/ha-400-e.html

To ship the Emotiva to where I am costs too much in tax/air mail so I'm hoping to dig up a quality used amp to give 500's the speaker taps route.
Are there any amp experts on this thread that would know if it is a rare gem and has shared ground ? The seller does not speak much English.
Guy also had a Pioneer A-570 for the same price ($175).
http://audio-database.com/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/amp/a-570-e.html

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #8,434 of 20,386
Nice, new schiit.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM Post #8,435 of 20,386
  I would go for the Hitachi. Check out the Vintage Receiver Integrated Amps thread and ask your question there.

Thanks missed that thread.. I dug up a similar thread from 2006 earlier today. I think after asking someone else about the vintage stuff, I'll just stick with newer stuff....repair$+part$ on old gear more trouble than its worth where I'm based.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #8,436 of 20,386
Oct 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #8,437 of 20,386

Thanks missed that thread.. I dug up a similar thread from 2006 earlier today. I think after asking someone else about the vintage stuff, I'll just stick with newer stuff....repair$+part$ on old gear more trouble than its worth where I'm based.

I've got my eye out for a mid-late 70's era Pioneer, but I'll have to look into Hitachi as well.  The Japanese put out some good receivers around this time 
biggrin.gif
 Also consider Kenwood and Toshiba as well.  The thing about vintage receivers however is depending on how much use they got, you'll likely need to replace parts like the capacitors and resistors which can be expensive and a pain.  Sometimes you can find refurbished amps at good prices though...but check out the vintage receiver thread, it's a good read!

Oct 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #8,438 of 20,386
Couldnt help it..but wouldnt this blue circle audio rig of a fellow blue circle owner be perfect to drive a he500? Damn.. SPEAKERAMPS guys? Any thought about this?

And all amps are from blue circle..damn..i feel small knowing what amp i am getting compared to this investment!! :D Pls get a tissue before looking ate these pics..as ur jaw will be falling on the floor ..just like mine did..
AND DUBSTEPGIRL.. THIS MEMBER IS ACTUALLY A GIRL ALSO... A rare breed... :wink:
And look at those platforms under the main end amps in middle of room....real carbon! beautiful! And according to her they actually work..not day and night..but they do.. And she tried many of those thingies..

I know its a bit offtopic..but really..she even made the ceiling custommade to make the room sound better..i just couldnt stop saying OMG.. And the girl/lady is nice to talk also and very down to earth..a fellow BC. Owner..she even gave me an advice that some footers are to expensive for what they do..u see very realistic also.. She prefers quality and performance over pure esthetical thingies.. Just my kind of girl..hehehehe hey wait a second..DBG is same kind...i live in a wonderful world.. Lolz.

Ps..i also have a puzzle of ' find the differences on the first main pics...its a first and new picture of her rig...second is her first rig... Find the differences.. Hint..big huge standing thingies..hehehe ps..those huge amps on floor are the big daddies called the NSL.. Mine will be based on those monsters..lolz.

Enjoy peeps!

Oct 11, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #8,439 of 20,386
Couldnt help it..but wouldnt this blue circle audio rig of a fellow blue circle owner be perfect to drive a he500? Damn.. SPEAKERAMPS guys? Any thought about this?

And all amps are from blue circle..damn..i feel small knowing what amp i am getting compared to this investment!!
biggrin.gif
Pls get a tissue before looking ate these pics..as ur jaw will be falling on the floor ..just like mine did..
AND DUBSTEPGIRL.. THIS MEMBER IS ACTUALLY A GIRL ALSO... A rare breed...
wink.gif

And look at those platforms under the main end amps in middle of room....real carbon! beautiful! And according to her they actually work..not day and night..but they do.. And she tried many of those thingies..

I know its a bit offtopic..but really..she even made the ceiling custommade to make the room sound better..i just couldnt stop saying OMG.. And the girl/lady is nice to talk also and very down to earth..a fellow BC. Owner..she even gave me an advice that some footers are to expensive for what they do..u see very realistic also.. She prefers quality and performance over pure esthetical thingies.. Just my kind of girl..hehehehe hey wait a second..DBG is same kind...i live in a wonderful world.. Lolz.

Ps..i also have a puzzle of ' find the differences on the first main pics...its a first and new picture of her rig...second is her first rig... Find the differences.. Hint..big huge standing thingies..hehehe ps..those huge amps on floor are the big daddies called the NSL.. Mine will be based on those monsters..lolz.

Enjoy peeps!

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

eek.gif

Oct 11, 2013 at 9:12 AM Post #8,441 of 20,386

And all amps are from blue circle..damn..i feel small knowing what amp i am getting compared to this investment!!
biggrin.gif
Pls get a tissue before looking ate these pics..as ur jaw will be falling on the floor ..just like mine did..
AND DUBSTEPGIRL.. THIS MEMBER IS ACTUALLY A GIRL ALSO... A rare breed...
wink.gif

Enjoy peeps!

I like her rack (pun intended) 
biggrin.gif
 Seriously though, that room is impressive and looks very inviting.

Oct 11, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #8,444 of 20,386

No need to worry YET..still 2 months to go..i asked him to make 'in proces' pics..so i am sure he doesnt put an emotiva internals into my BC amp secretly :veryevil:

So dear peeps..u dont need to sleep with one eye open dear speaker amp affectionees :D
not yet..but its close...hahaha (very evil laugh of a headphone amp freak..lolz)
But as i said..i will start a new thread for that amp... As i dont wanna hurt those poor sensitive emotions of u guys..u see?am all about consideration for my fellow headphone freaks... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back