HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
Jun 8, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #5,417 of 20,386
Quote:
Has anyone ever A/B'ed Lyr and Emotiva mini with the HE-500? I searched and couldn't find anything.

I remember Malveaux did some time ago in the Emotiva thread. From what I remember, the performance was the same with Emotiva maybe getting the edge. Check out the thread. I remember it was early on in the thread.

Edit: annnd M-13 beat me to it by 20 seconds.

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM Post #5,419 of 20,386
Maybe a bit offtopic..but i asked hifiman directly if there are new headphones coming in the next year..and this is what they answered...see this as info directly from the source :D

Hi Paulo Coelho,

Yes, our engineers are working on new models, but I don't have any specific information.

We may wait and see.

Best regards,
Zhang Lu
HiFiMAN Customer Service Team

On Sat, Jun 8, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Paulo Coelho wrote:
Hi Zhang,
Thank you for your reply...

But now i am wondering..where did the rumor come from mr. Fang is working on a new version of his first headphone, the jade...someone on the headfi.org wrote hifiman will be introducing a new higher end headphone in 2014..i know nothing will be introduced in 2013 anymore..except maybe the hm901.

So i keep my fingers crossed for 2014....:)
Regards
Paulo Coelho
The Netherlands

Sent from my iPad

On 7 jun. 2013, at 15:51, "Customer Service" wrote:

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your support.

As far as I know, there will be no new headphone in 2013. Sorry, I do not have any other further information.

Best regards,
Zhang Lu
HiFiMAN Customer Service Team

On Fri, Jun 7, 2013 at 4:53 AM, Paulo Coelho wrote:
Dear people,
I have been a fan of ur products over the years...i owned the he300, 400 and since november the 500..and i love ur products...and next year probably a new hifiman phone..i heard a rumor that u guys are working on a lcd3/stax killer..a killer of a phone..like the first headphone of mr. Fang: 'the Jade' once was.
Is that rumor true? As atthis moment a handmade custom amp is being made for me...and its made with the specs to drive the he6...

.but..knowing u guys..if ur working on a new flagship..he7? or a new he600? It would be handy for me to have some info about the specs..as i could sent that to the amp maker..to implement that into the concept..

if u dont want that..as it will be new headphone..could u then pls confirm if next year a new higher end headphone is coming..as in that case i will wait for that phone instaed of buying the he6...

Thanks for ur reply
Paulo coelho

Sent from my iPad

This news made me very happy!!! :wink:

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #5,421 of 20,386
Good confirmation from Hifiman. Thanks for posting it. Now I can peacefully wait for the new model and hold on to HE500.

Jun 10, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #5,422 of 20,386
Quote:
Good confirmation from Hifiman. Thanks for posting it. Now I can peacefully wait for the new model and hold on to HE500.

X1!
popcorn.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:36 PM Post #5,423 of 20,386
Quote:

+2

Thanks for the post, Hifimanrookie.

Jun 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #5,424 of 20,386
Man... Fang the HE-550 and HE-600 are WAY over due. I hate the fact that people gave Fang so much crap about coming up with new models every twelve months. I miss him innovating and coming up constantly with better models/values. Now he's gone into his engineering turtle shell and we haven't seen replacements in YEARS. With arrogant manufacters like Abyss putting out $5000+ planars that sound marginally better than the HE-6 (by some accounts). I'm hoping Fang puts his foot down and comes out with a Abyss killer for less than half the price. I miss hearing about new Hifiman phones every six-months.
evil_smiley.gif
 Fang just throw out a HE-550 pretty please. I don't care if you replace it with the HE-560 in like three months. I'll probably buy them both anyway.

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #5,426 of 20,386
Maybe we can sent a signed by us all chain mails forwarded to head direct with the request to speed upthe introduction of a new flagship or replacement of the he500...at least they would know their admirers are waiting for a new model as i have a feeling they are keeping back because of the negative responses of some people that they are pumping out to many models to fast. :mad:

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #5,428 of 20,386
Stop being impatient and enjoy your HE-500's. I (we?) don't want a flawed model to come out too early... That would be a shame.

Just noted a weakness of the HE-500 now that I got my Stax system. They kinda need a better bassstage. Doesn't seem to integrate as well with the soundstage as it could...

Jun 10, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #5,429 of 20,386
Quote:
Got to listen to the HE-500 again at the meet in Dallas on various amps. It's still a great phone, but not an upgrade from the HD6xx, even the 500's owner said so.

If you favour the planar magnetic sound (thick bottom end with high finesse, highly layered) then the HE500s are better; vise versa if you favour the dynamic sound.

If you have no preference with regards to planar vs dynamic, then they are fairly comparable, in terms of extension and smoothness.

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #5,430 of 20,386
Stop being impatient and enjoy your HE-500's. I (we?) don't want a flawed model to come out too early... That would be a shame.

Just noted a weakness of the HE-500 now that I got my Stax system. They kinda need a better bassstage. Doesn't seem to integrate as well with the soundstage as it could...

No one says the he500 is a perfect phone..for for the price it sells for and with the right amping it is one heck of an headphone..to my ears anyway.
I think ur stax would be a better adversary to the he6 then the humble 500...so maybe u should try to compare those two? I admit u need a very high quality amp for the he6.. Just as the staxes need special amps also. :D

Ps..am a very patient man.(.waiting more then 4 months now for my new cable...and now also waiting for my new custom blue circle audio amp that will be delivered in december! :xf_eek: )

But the he6 is already almost 4 years old if i am not mistaken..the he500 came out in beginning 2011 and the last fullsize headphone was the he400 in the beginning of 2012.
So iwould guess a new flagship would be in order now after 4 years...imho ofcourse..and with indirect drivers....just like audeze has..lolz. Oops..:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back