HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
May 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #5,162 of 20,374
Do you have to pay for shipping when it is a warranty issue?

May 28, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #5,163 of 20,374
Quote:
Are they made in China then? thought they were built in USA?

They are made in China. If you want something made in the US, you better go with Audeze. Not that I personally think the quality of Audeze cans is much better, but they are made of more premium materials, though.

May 28, 2013 at 5:03 PM Post #5,165 of 20,374
Quote:
Well, the latch on my case broke last night.  Hifiman really needs better build quality.

Yes, they do, but actually I don't expect them to improve anything but obvoius build flaws. I see it as paying for performance, to some degree not great quality. After all it is a China product.

If I wanted quality I would pay a premium and get the lcd2. Not that they are flawless either.

May 28, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #5,168 of 20,374
Quote:
Are they really THAT bad? lots of reports of bad build quality putting me off HE400 a bit... Do they literally like fall apart or is it just they could be better.

Yeah, the headphones themselves have a pretty solid build quality.  Sure, they could be better in ways (and that can be said with almost all headphones) but they never feel or seem cheap or flimsy to me.

On another note, I just officially joined the HE-500 club!  They will be en route tomorrow morning. 
cool.gif

May 28, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #5,169 of 20,374
Hi guys,

My friend finally dug up the proof of purchase for my faulty HE-500. The sky is clear now :)
Just sharing some info here, if the HE-500 is out of warranty. Repair cost is $80+20 ( The latter is for shipping from China)

Submitted the proof of purchase and they are now questioning the legitimacy on where I purchase the product. I'm a little frustrated as it's still a Hifiman product that I'm buying and it's still within warranty period.

Just updating you guys and not sidelining Hifiman yet as I'm still waiting for their reply.

Cheers :frowning2:

May 28, 2013 at 11:22 PM Post #5,170 of 20,374
Submitted the proof of purchase and they are now questioning the legitimacy on where I purchase the product. I'm a little frustrated as it's still a Hifiman product that I'm buying and it's still within warranty period.

Just updating you guys and not sidelining Hifiman yet as I'm still waiting for their reply.

Cheers :frowning2:

Usually warranties only apply to the original purchaser of a product. That's the risk that you take buying used.

May 29, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #5,171 of 20,374
Are they really THAT bad? lots of reports of bad build quality putting me off HE400 a bit... Do they literally like fall apart or is it just they could be better.

Absolutely not! It's a very sturdy nuts and bolts metal industrial design with good repairability. A far cry from the perhaps more stylish but very plasticky designs of most other cans.

May 29, 2013 at 5:32 AM Post #5,173 of 20,374
They DO seem to have some weak points, though. But still I expect mine to last 10+ years if I treat them nice

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back