HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable experience in listening.
May 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #4,682 of 20,386
Quote:

Check this cable out..its mine
biggrin.gif
seperated for left and right..22awg 8wired black widow... LOOK AT THOSE CONNECTORS ON BOTH ENDS!!
biggrin.gif
...its simple and classy design...still have to wait for a few more weeks for my adapter cable from balanced to single ended, and then they will be shipped to me...what an ordeal
biggrin.gif

Good looking cable! How much was it total? 

May 2, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #4,683 of 20,386
can anyone tell me how are the he500 with the stock denon pads?? my d2000 are eating dust nowadays so why not use its pads and i am sure they will be ultra comfortable and will give a good seal behind the ear where you get a gap normally... i am guessing it would increase the sub bass slightly...

May 2, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #4,684 of 20,386
Thanks for the compliments...he did one fine job with my cable..in every sense of the word.. Cant wait to have it connected to my he500.

Am sorry..But Its not allowed to talk bout prices here in the open..on neutral threads...but....trust me that its price is very surprising....mine is a one off to be honest...for now...but if u ask frank nicely for price info (pm him)...then i am sure he can make u smile as i am now :D ..i can only say this..u wont regret it! :wink:

May 2, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #4,686 of 20,386
Quote:
can anyone tell me how are the he500 with the stock denon pads?? my d2000 are eating dust nowadays so why not use its pads and i am sure they will be ultra comfortable and will give a good seal behind the ear where you get a gap normally... i am guessing it would increase the sub bass slightly...

Works for me.  I use the stock Denon pads on all My HiFimans.    

May 2, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #4,688 of 20,386
3 pin XLRs  :eek:

Yep...as only so i could have 2 seperated cables for left and right :D.
And did u see the color of the pins? :D

May 2, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #4,691 of 20,386
sonic advantages?? a better seal must be the first thing that comes to mind...

A suggestion..I think there is a thread dedicated to he500 with different pad alternatives..maybe there u can find ur answer? I myself am waiting for my jergmodded pleather pads which a fellow headfi'er is making for me :D

May 2, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #4,692 of 20,386
Quote:
A suggestion..I think there is a thread dedicated to he500 with different pad alternatives..maybe there u can find ur answer? I myself am waiting for my jergmodded pleather pads which a fellow headfi'er is making for me
biggrin.gif

yeah did the jerg pad myself... didn't really enjoy destroying a pair of pads tbh:D... anyhow,  i have already changed the pads and it took like a couple of minutes only.. and damn, i was right... increase in comfort and a good seal(no open areas behind the ear anymore)...

May 2, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #4,693 of 20,386
Quote:
Just another suggestion: check the toxic cables appreciation thread...they can make u everything u can imagine and in top quality and for reasonable prices...
wink.gif

Yeah .... if you want to wait 5 months.  Ordered them Dec 23, 2012.  Every communication he tells me they're in the next batch..... still waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back