Hifiman Edition 6 Headphones
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2017 at 1:08 AM Post #5 of 318
It will be very interesting to see how that stack up against the other uber expensive headphones.
Does anyone know quoted sensitivity?

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #9 of 318
Looks like a rounder, more Audeze-shaped version of HE-1000.
Of course, with the same materials and build quality of HE-1000, but...6000usd.

I love how they always improve prices like no other, but build quality and materials remain unchanged. Isn't that the definition of overpriced? 

Small chinese startup with market leader ego (without being market leader, and a terrible startup)

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #11 of 318
  Looks like a rounder, more Audeze-shaped version of HE-1000.
Of course, with the same materials and build quality of HE-1000, but...6000usd.

I love how they always improve prices like no other, but build quality and materials remain unchanged. Isn't that the definition of overpriced? 

Small chinese startup with market leader ego (without being market leader, and a terrible startup)

Do you have any inside or experience with the Edition 6 to say anything about the materials and build quality? To me its looks like they can have another type of driver than the HEK. From the picture the driver looks a bit like the driver of the HE6.... The same gold color at least. I also have read that it has a very low sensitivity, in line with the HE6. Don’t quote me on the sensitivity as we have lots of rumors and few facts.

I’m a fan of the HE6 and are looking forward to hear how it sound. 

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #12 of 318

Do you have any inside or experience with the Edition 6 to say anything about the materials and build quality? To me its looks like they can have another type of driver than the HEK. From the picture the driver looks a bit like the driver of the HE6.... The same gold color at least. I also have read that it has a very low sensitivity, in line with the HE6. Don’t quote me on the sensitivity as we have lots of rumors and few facts.

I’m a fan of the HE6 and are looking forward to hear how it sound. 

Don't be blind mate, is a Hifiman product, everything can go wrong.

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #13 of 318
This is a joke. Used HE-6, $700, vintage speaker amp, $500 (or less), Mimby, $249. Apple learned its lesson with the solid gold apple watch editions, which are quickly reaching price parity with Hifiman flagships...will HFM?

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #14 of 318
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back