HiFi Rose RS150B (DAC & Streamer) vs RS130 (Streamer only)
Oct 31, 2023 at 5:56 PM Post #31 of 80
@audiobill , Yes, no Roon yet. That remark is a holdover from the 150b I had prior to the RS130. The Rose software prior always had quirks / bugs but they were tolerable to a point. The last update to the Rose OS, IOS / Android apps, Mac / PC programs my RS130 is almost unusable. These updates were pushed to all users of the HIFI Rose devices about a week or so ago. Prior to that I still had issues but I could live with it. As far as Roon still not accessible by the RS130 is unexplainable at best.
From what I hear Roon is backed up with pending certification of gear from many brands, so Rose is at their mercy in that regard. The Rose OS issues you mentioned making the product almost unusable is quite jarring as a potential customer. Thanks for providing your input!

Oct 31, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #32 of 80
From what I hear Roon is backed up with pending certification of gear from many brands, so Rose is at their mercy in that regard. The Rose OS issues you mentioned making the product almost unusable is quite jarring as a potential customer. Thanks for providing your input!
I am only one user. I would suggest you go to the forums on the Hifi Rose website and read for yourself. I do feel these issues will be resolved and once the issues are reduced the Hifi Rose streamers are amazing.

Nov 12, 2023 at 2:15 AM Post #35 of 80
I just received a Rose RS130, and I'll be comparing it to my outstanding Aqua LinQ uPnP unit.

The Rose is being used with my homemade -118 @ 1Hz OCXO with triple power filtration and Neotech 75 ohm cable.

1000006906.jpg
1000006904.jpg

Nov 12, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #37 of 80
Completely disagree!
Rose builds good hardware, but their software is a pain.
If you're not a Roon user (as Roon endpoint it's ok), then search for another streamer (Naim, Lumin, ...).
Except Lumins software is even more hot garbage than Hi-Fi Rose lol.

Nov 12, 2023 at 1:19 PM Post #38 of 80
I cannot wait to hear your thoughts.
Initial head to head comparison suggests the Rose is superior to the LinQ, staging is wider. I also feel that the Canare 50 ohm cable into the 50 ohm port is superior to the 75 ohm Neotech into the 75 port (my clock is 50 ohm sine wave).

I need to find out if the Rose is square wave or not. I noticed the little external clock icon on the display is a square wave although that might just be a design element.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:27 PM Post #39 of 80
Having used the Rose android app for a few hours today I can confirm that it is absolutely fine. Any perceived negatives from users here is pure nonsense frankly.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #40 of 80
Having used the Rose android app for a few hours today I can confirm that it is absolutely fine. Any perceived negatives from users here is pure nonsense frankly.
Glad it's working well for you, but a long list of issues encountered by users with both Rose OS and their apps are well documented in the Rose community forum as well as other related forums and FB groups.

Last edited:
Dec 7, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #42 of 80
Glad it's working well for you, but a long list of issues encountered by users with both Rose OS and their apps are well documented in the Rose community forum as well as other related forums and FB groups.
having used the app for some time now I reiterate that there is literally nothing wrong with the app, I really can't fault it. I also like the fact that I can change the upsampling settings using it.

I also really like the remote, which I use quite regularly.

Dec 7, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #44 of 80
Have to say I love mine. I’ve had it several months since launch and have been using Roon - not sure how if certification has only just been approved but has worked as an endpoint seamlessly. (UK)

I upgraded from a 250a and with the fibre optics the leap was massive. I primarily use Roon along with my Dave and Mscaler and its sublime

Dec 30, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #45 of 80
Initial head to head comparison suggests the Rose is superior to the LinQ, staging is wider. I also feel that the Canare 50 ohm cable into the 50 ohm port is superior to the 75 ohm Neotech into the 75 port (my clock is 50 ohm sine wave).

I need to find out if the Rose is square wave or not. I noticed the little external clock icon on the display is a square wave although that might just be a design element.

Since you've now had more time with the two of them? I'm very interested in hearing more from you the comparison between the two. I had used the Aqua LinQ extensively in the last two years in my system but now very interested in the Rose 130 and in it's sound quality (the good & the bad) when comparing it the LinQ. Thnx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back