Hidizs Audio Thread - Discussion and Impression
Sep 13, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #32 of 78
I thought I'd drop my review in here of the MS1-Galaxy for anyone that is interested.

These will launch tomorrow at just $15.99 w/o mic or $16.99 w/mic.

At that price it's fair to not expect too much. These, for me, are more of just a buy them because they're cheap and have a fun design to them type of IEM. Nothing to write home about for their sonic performance as they are mainly just bass with slight treble energy. As said in my review; any sub$20 IEM will have a really tough time competing with the likes of the Salnotes Zero.

I would be very interested to hear what some of the higher end Hidizs products bring to the table in performance.

Oct 27, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #33 of 78
anyone received MP145 or at least received shipping info on MP145? I filled in the pledgebox details more than two weeks ago but have not received any update since, and I don't think any of the e-mails contained any ETA.

Oct 31, 2023 at 9:34 AM Post #35 of 78
anyone received MP145 or at least received shipping info on MP145? I filled in the pledgebox details more than two weeks ago but have not received any update since, and I don't think any of the e-mails contained any ETA.
Just got tracking info today: mine left the factory on 26th Oct and on the plane as of today (31th Oct). I assume it takes time to arrive in Hungary.
I am backer 15 on KS.

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #37 of 78
Just got tracking info today: mine left the factory on 26th Oct and on the plane as of today (31th Oct). I assume it takes time to arrive in Hungary.
I am backer 15 on KS.
Today i read an early impression on Facebook.
Hot fatiguing treble, sibilant, lack of bass, that's about what I expected :frowning2:
You'll get bored of it in a few days and won't like using it. Tipical Chinese iem , big hype, without knowledge and need about acceptable tuning.
" we dont tune iems, here is a few tuning filter, do it yourself " this is also typical these days

Nov 1, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #38 of 78
In your opinion, what material should be the cable to be associated with the MP145? Copper, hybrid or silver? And why? Thank you.

Nov 1, 2023 at 8:38 PM Post #39 of 78
Today i read an early impression on Facebook.
Hot fatiguing treble, sibilant, lack of bass, that's about what I expected :frowning2:
You'll get bored of it in a few days and won't like using it. Tipical Chinese iem , big hype, without knowledge and need about acceptable tuning.
" we dont tune iems, here is a few tuning filter, do it yourself " this is also typical these days
The MP145? No way that impression comes from a real user who has worn that IEM correctly. MP145 has a few problems here and there, but harshness and lack of bass are certainly not.

My graphs here: https://nk-tran.com/iegems-graphtool/?share=MP145_Balanced

I'm surprised that this IEM has not been officially released yet. I remember hearing discussion about this IEM like a month ago. Anyhow, my review should be done this week.

Nov 2, 2023 at 12:42 AM Post #40 of 78
The MP145? No way that impression comes from a real user who has worn that IEM correctly. MP145 has a few problems here and there, but harshness and lack of bass are certainly not.

I'm surprised that this IEM has not been officially released yet. I remember hearing discussion about this IEM like a month ago. Anyhow, my review should be done this week.
https://nk-tran.com/iegems-graphtool/?share=MP145_Balanced,Legato

Nov 2, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #41 of 78

I sold my s12 because it was a bassless cr@p with metallic fatiguing highs
https://nk-tran.com/iegems-graphtool/?share=MP145_Balanced,S12_Modded

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:04 AM Post #42 of 78
I'm telling you, my complaint about MP145 is too much bass (and low mid), not too little bass. This IEM is not similar to S12 at all. Unless my unit is different from other units, though through cross referencing with other reviews, I don't think that's the case.

Nov 3, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #44 of 78
My MP145s arrived…

Absolutely fantastic build, the sound is rich and airy, with lots of soundstage, and the cable is good quality and not microphonic… But, it is way too big for my tiny ears.

IMG_7111.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7112.jpeg
    IMG_7112.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 6, 2023 at 6:14 AM Post #45 of 78
MP145 arrived (in Hungary, KS backer No 15). I am a veteran on KickStarter; "delivered as promised" (especially in a month) is a rare campaign experince.

No affiliation with anyone / any company, I am a single buyer; I payed the very early bird price (109 USD).

Yep, very big and heavy ones, thankfully no problem for me.
I am using it with TANGZU Tang Sancai "M" tips (which are designed for much smaller nozzles so be careful); absolutely wide bore. Fit is very good for me. I did not test the original tips.
I did not like the original cable so I attached an "OPENHEART 8 core silver plated copper" one.

First impressions (I only used the rose gold filters): I like it very much ! Easy to drive (testing with my Whooshi, 20/100 sounds kind of loud, 30/100 is on the edge, I can stand it only for a single track). Soundstage is very wide (out-of-ear experience). Details are awesome ! I hear new parts in my music !

Bass is enough, drums and bassguitar hits very good (I am kind of not-so-strong basshead). Mids hasn't got emphasis (as it should be for a fun IEM). Treble is good (being 55 years old I am not treble sensitive) and have the edge I like. (sidenote: I experienced too sharp treble with the 2nd batch of KZ PR2 so even for me it could be too much treble; I am not (yet) deaf in >12kHz :wink: ).

Listening to the album Reise, Reise from Rammstein. Singing (deep male voice) sounds very good to me. The drums and bassguitar sounds awesome in the beginning riffs in "Keine lust".
Another one: "Giftig" from the album "Zeit" by Rammstein: the beginning of the track has the absolute edge in treble exactly how I love it !
"Adieu" is fantastic, bass and treble at the same time.

In "Fear Inoculum" by Tool the guitar has that sharp-like edge which is top-notch.
The climax in "Pneuma" (Tool, same album) just made tears of joy in my eyes.

"Dreams Of The Void" from Tineidae was a really favourite track for me but it is a trip now; (mean I have never used any drug so experiencing a "trip" is very rare for me).
The album "Induction" from Gdanian (my No1 Dark Ambient one) has new details now (I listened to this at least 100 times). Overly positive !
"Pimpf" from Depeche Mode (an alltime top5 track for me) is tested; male singing, sharp treble, drums: everything sounded so perfect for me. Female voices could be a bit more emphasized.
"Blind hunger" from Dead melodies (album Murken hollow) is a bass-head dream of ambient: jolly good.

Maybe female singing is not the strongest point of this IEM, but "Pisces" from Jinjer sounded very very good (both kind of singing if you get my point :xf_wink: ). Also, Lisa Gerrard sounds good for me (in kind of any recordings).

If I tell you my previous favourite was Tangzu Zetian Wu, it is no surprise I found the Hidizs MP145 absolutely adorable and lovely. It was worth of every cent !

I will test it with Qudelix5k and Apple dongle; sorry, I do not have more "serious" dongle (yet).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back