Hidizs Audio Thread - Discussion and Impression
Aug 14, 2023 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 78

ywheng89

100+ Head-Fier
I have not seen a thread dedicated to Hidizs hence i'm creating one. They have been on the roll recently with their releases.
The critiques that they received from MS5, the improvements can been seen on the MS3 and their latest upcoming planar MP145. Interesting.
I have the MP145 with me now and to me, they sound quite DD like with planar's resolution and speed, with very minor planar timbre.
IMG_0714 Large.jpeg

*Not stock cable

Aug 17, 2023 at 7:32 AM Post #2 of 78
I agree with you !
I also have the MP145 sent directly from Hidizs in exchange for my honest impression and review (disclaimer).

My overall impression is very positive, I prefer the MP145 compared to my S12 Pro, Timeless, heck, even my Sundara 🤣.

The MP145 sounds more "correct" to my ears, also the technicality of those set are pretty close (though Sundara have superior detail retrieval 😅)

The timbre of its vocal are top notch for a planar unit.

I was shocked when Hidizs inform me they're going to release it only for $109USD, I thought they're going to at least price it same as S12 Pro or even more.

Songs such as from Plini, Spangle Call Lilli Line are super enjoyable on the MP145.

Here are graph comparison between MP145 and Timeless, comparing by direct listening, the MP145 pretty much "fix" the little peaky stuff that going on with Timeless. Good stuff.
(Graph credits to ARN, do check his awesome review as well)
graph (2).png

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 1:17 PM Post #4 of 78
I got the new MS1 Galaxy! Courtesy of Hidizs, so that I can post impressions/reviews. I have just been burning it in so far. The IEMs themselves are pretty, with a checkboard pattern under the surface you can only see when it catches the light just so.

Attachments

• 20230818_130906.jpg
    20230818_130906.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230818_130855 (1).jpg
    20230818_130855 (1).jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #6 of 78
I got the new MS1 Galaxy! Courtesy of Hidizs, so that I can post impressions/reviews. I have just been burning it in so far, but it did come with a box waifu as well as a card for her, detailing her hobbies and measurements............It's a bit odd to me, but it is ultimately inconsequential to everything else. The IEMs themselves are pretty, with a checkboard pattern under the surface you can only see when it catches the light just so.
Just got them today as well. For the price, i'd say it's pretty good and solid looking.

Aug 18, 2023 at 2:32 PM Post #8 of 78
Aug 21, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #10 of 78
mp145 have great treble extend ??
and can touch till upper treble freq, so can feel airy in thats area ??
I'm listening with balanced nozzle, for me the extension is good enough and has plenty of air. If you want more, you can swap over to the treble nozzle which will boost the highs even more.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #11 of 78
I'm listening with balanced nozzle, for me the extension is good enough and has plenty of air. If you want more, you can swap over to the treble nozzle which will boost the highs even more.
I bought the MS3 and had a bit of a bad experience with it, and on the gold nozzle, the technicality was lacking. then I changed to a silver nozzle, which had a bright sig. technically better. micro details are very open, rich and airy till the upper high, but even though they are very detailed, the impression of being piled up or still close together is felt. different from my hook x hbb, with a 3rd party cable for 50 usd, , spc, and a rhodium jack, the micro detail is richer and more open, but the separation and layering are very clear, separated. what about the MP145?

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #12 of 78
I bought the MS3 and had a bit of a bad experience with it, and on the gold nozzle, the technicality was lacking. then I changed to a silver nozzle, which had a bright sig. technically better. micro details are very open, rich and airy till the upper high, but even though they are very detailed, the impression of being piled up or still close together is felt. different from my hook x hbb, with a 3rd party cable for 50 usd, , spc, and a rhodium jack, the micro detail is richer and more open, but the separation and layering are very clear, separated. what about the MP145?
You are talking about stock or after swapping all the cables, eartips and the jack?
My impression is based on stock setup with stock eartips and stock 4.4 cable with my Earmen stack.

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #13 of 78
You are talking about stock or after swapping all the cables, eartips and the jack?
My impression is based on stock setup with stock eartips and stock 4.4 cable with my Earmen stack.
im using others cable from ms3. the stock cable is not good for me.

im using tripowin nucool 50 usd. hybrid spc and copper. more details, but still make body not hinner like spc only. coz silver nozzle of ms3 is make sound like crowded and thinner than gold nozzle.

so, how about mp145 with nozzle treble ? like ms3 too ? or what the different?

Aug 21, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #14 of 78
im using others cable from ms3. the stock cable is not good for me.

im using tripowin nucool 50 usd. hybrid spc and copper. more details, but still make body not hinner like spc only. coz silver nozzle of ms3 is make sound like crowded and thinner than gold nozzle.

so, how about mp145 with nozzle treble ? like ms3 too ? or what the different?
MS3 and MP145 both are different, in the sense where the driver setup is different, MS3 is a hybrid whereas MP145 is a single planar driver.
This is like a comparison to apples and oranges.
Nonetheless, MP145 on the treble nozzle does have better extension and has more air,it becomes a little too analytical to my taste, and to answer your question, yes, the mids does thin out a little and this is what we call a see saw effect in the tuning, there's bound to be some compromises, hence, the balanced nozzle works well for me with good note weight and body overall, if i want a little bit more treble, i will just tip roll.

Aug 21, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #15 of 78
MS3 and MP145 both are different, in the sense where the driver setup is different, MS3 is a hybrid whereas MP145 is a single planar driver.
This is like a comparison to apples and oranges.
Nonetheless, MP145 on the treble nozzle does have better extension and has more air,it becomes a little too analytical to my taste, and to answer your question, yes, the mids does thin out a little and this is what we call a see saw effect in the tuning, there's bound to be some compromises, hence, the balanced nozzle works well for me with good note weight and body overall, if i want a little bit more treble, i will just tip roll.
ok thanks for yr answer.

btw, let the question make it clear...

i really like when you said When both iems using TREBLE NOZZLE , MP145 have better treble extension adnd more airy than MS3.

if like this, i like it.

and if nozzle treble more thinner, its okay. for me, coz always like this will be.

my last question relate to my 1st complain of ms3 above.... , once again, when both USING TREBLE NOZZLE, which is more BETTER SEPARATION and LAYERING ? and the difference is only nitpick or the difference is quite felt?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back