Hidizs AP60
Mar 13, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #526 of 773
Hi @Hidizs @Hidizs Hk

Will it be engaged the DSD128 USB digital output in the next firmware update to be used with the Mojo? Right now USB DSD stream output it's limited to DSD64.

Thanks!

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #527 of 773
Ok,I've read through all 36 pages and didn't see an answer to my question. What kind of battery life are those of you using this as a transport getting? More or less than the 10-12 as Hidizs advertises? I was happy to see successful pairing of the AP60 to the E17k back in page 20 because that's what I have at the moment to pair with it.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #528 of 773
Ok,I've read through all 36 pages and didn't see an answer to my question. What kind of battery life are those of you using this as a transport getting? More or less than the 10-12 as Hidizs advertises? I was happy to see successful pairing of the AP60 to the E17k back in page 20 because that's what I have at the moment to pair with it.

Thanks

I use the Hidizs only as a transport (volume always setled to zero) and I get way more than 10 hours. Maybe around 12-13 hours.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #530 of 773
I use the Hidizs only as a transport (volume always setled to zero) and I get way more than 10 hours. Maybe around 12-13 hours.

This is what I thought, but just wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger on one. I only saw one person in this thread using the E17k. Looks like everyone else used the Mojo.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:37 AM Post #531 of 773

This is what I thought, but just wanted to make sure before pulling the trigger on one. I only saw one person in this thread using the E17k. Looks like everyone else used the Mojo.

I use with Mojo daily !

Mar 16, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #532 of 773
  New firmware 1.05 seems to have problem (no audio) as a transport with my dac (xDuoo xd-05).
So back to 1.01.

Me too...my AP60 does not work correctly as transport with my xDuoo XD-05. I also returned to the firmware 1.01. I hope the next firmware transport will work correctly.
Hidizs, Do not fail us.

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #533 of 773
  Me too...my AP60 does not work correctly as transport with my xDuoo XD-05. I also returned to the firmware 1.01. I hope the next firmware transport will work correctly.
Hidizs, Do not fail us.

Finally AP60 (1.05) worked with xDuoo. You have to raise the volume at 70-80 on ap60. Previous firmware (1.01) had fixed volume as transport and I haven't noticed it.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:48 AM Post #534 of 773
Definitivetely AP60 sounds more neutral and natural to me (better) than my Shanling M1 used as USB transport to feed my Chord Mojo. I have tried different USB OTG cables (from Ebay seller youcharger and silver OTG from Penon) and AP60 sounds closer to Onkyo HF iOS app running in an iPad Mini 4 ( to my ears the absolute better sounding option, ie the more resolute, neutral, fuller, open and fluid sound) than the M1. Shanling M1 sounds lighter and with less resolution lacking some body and sounding at the end more synthetic and electronic compared to AP60 and Onkyo HF iOS app. As I said in a previous post this sound differences shocked me cause I thought all these USB transports were bit perfect and assuming Mojo uses Asyncrojous USB stream all of them must sound the same...At last It's a shame that Hidzs support it's not up to the quality of the product (They doesn't answer my questions) and AP60 doesn't outputs DSD128 (only DSD works at the present with 1.05 beta firmware).

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:50 PM Post #535 of 773
Definitivetely AP60 sounds more neutral and natural to me (better) than my Shanling M1 used as USB transport to feed my Chord Mojo. I have tried different USB OTG cables (from Ebay seller youcharger and silver OTG from Penon) and AP60 sounds closer to Onkyo HF iOS app running in an iPad Mini 4 ( to my ears the absolute better sounding option, ie the more resolute, neutral, fuller, open and fluid sound) than the M1. Shanling M1 sounds lighter and with less resolution lacking some body and sounding at the end more synthetic and electronic compared to AP60 and Onkyo HF iOS app. As I said in a previous post this sound differences shocked me cause I thought all these USB transports were bit perfect and assuming Mojo uses Asyncrojous USB stream all of them must sound the same...At last It's a shame that Hidzs support it's not up to the quality of the product (They doesn't answer my questions) and AP60 doesn't outputs DSD128 (only DSD works at the present with 1.05 beta firmware).

Thank you for your M1 vs AP60 comparison.
I was looking for the M1 but finally ordered a AP60, mainly for the form factor.

Could you tell us more about the USB cable comparison?
Thanks!

Mar 16, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #536 of 773
I feel Penon audio silver OTG sounded slightly more resolved and with a bit more impact than the "youcharger" cable but anyway differences are small and, to be honest, I haven't made extended comparisons and maybe there is some placebo effect involved...The differences, if any, are not so pronounced as when I compared some analog cables before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back