HiBy R8 II - HiBy's New High-End DAP
May 11, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #586 of 645
Hiby R8II + Unique Melody Multiverse Mentor.... ๐Ÿ”Š๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ”Š๐ŸŽผ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽน๐ŸŽป๐ŸŽท๐ŸŽบ๐Ÿฅ๐ŸŽธ

Champion Sound....MSEB analog is a pretty sweet sounding setting. I think I'm going to leave this on for a while.

The layering is magnificent. I can easily identify every element in this song. I'm really enjoying this pairing. Genuinely enthused about this DAP so far!

20240510_224807.jpg
I m really agree with youโ€ฆTotal Sinergyโ€ฆ

IMG_2830.jpeg

Best regards

Sisco

May 11, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #588 of 645
I m really agree with youโ€ฆTotal Sinergyโ€ฆ

IMG_2830.jpeg

Best regards

Sisco
It did have very good synergy with the Mentors. With the Raven itโ€™s another level so far ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŽธ

May 11, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #589 of 645
It did have very good synergy with the Mentors. With the Raven itโ€™s another level so far ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐ŸŽธ
Going to have to try that sometime this year. My first encounter with the Raven at CanJam SoCal 2023 left much to be desired. I listened to at least 3 dozen IEMs prior to hearing it. So I'd have to give that another chance with fresh ears to gain a proper impression.

May 11, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #590 of 645
Guys I think almost every iem will sound good with the R8ii as it neutral. It sounds good with all of iems. Canโ€™t wait to try it with Volรผr and XE6 in CanJam London.
Looking forward to reading your impressions from the show if you care to share. There are a few IEMs I don't have access to that I'd love to try with the R8II. The U18s, Volรผr, QDC Anole V14/Emperor, Kinera Imperial Verdandi, all the Campfire IEMs, Noble Kublai Khan, and everything Empire Ears come to mind.

May 11, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #591 of 645
Going to have to try that sometime this year. My first encounter with the Raven at CanJam SoCal 2023 left much to be desired. I listened to at least 3 dozen IEMs prior to hearing it. So I'd have to give that another chance with fresh ears to gain a proper impression.
I listen to mostly metal and prog metal. So, with those genres it does great. I owned mentor for over a year and even though the soundstage was incredible I found it too much with metal. It lacked a little โ€œcohesivenessโ€ and sounded a little diffused to me. Plus there was some fatigue with certain tracks which could have been an upper mids thing.

May 11, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #592 of 645
I listen to mostly metal and prog metal. So, with those genres it does great. I owned mentor for over a year and even though the soundstage was incredible I found it too much with metal. It lacked a little โ€œcohesivenessโ€ and sounded a little diffused to me. Plus there was some fatigue with certain tracks which could have been an upper mids thing.
Ahhh, metal is definitely not my speed. I appreciate you adding that additional context. The Mentor was doing everything I wanted it to do and then some for R&B, Jazz, Reggae, Hip Hop, Chill, Blues, Afrobeat etc. I can totally understand and appreciate why you would favor the EE Raven over the UM Mentor. That's very helpful perspective. Thank you @Silverlinings!

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 10:27 AM Post #593 of 645
Ahhh, metal is definitely not my speed. I appreciate you adding that additional context. The Mentor was doing everything I wanted it to do and then some for R&B, Jazz, Reggae, Hip Hop, Chill, Blues, Afrobeat etc. I can totally understand and appreciate why you would favor the EE Raven over the UM Mentor. That's very helpful perspective. Thank you @Silverlinings!
Yeah I can imagine with electronic, r&b, and some of the genres above the mentor would be great. I listen to a decent amount of jazz and the mentors were great with that. I also think the raven would be great with hip hop as well. Jazz is also very good on it bc of the bass aspect. Either way the R8II is great with everything Iโ€™ve tried.

May 11, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #594 of 645
Yeah I can imagine with electronic, r&b, and some of the genres above the mentor would be great. I listen to a decent amount of jazz and the mentors were great with that. I also think the raven would be great with hip hop as well. Jazz is also very good on it bc of the bass aspect. Either way the R8II is great with everything Iโ€™ve tried.
Going to try the rest of my IEMs this weekend with the R8II. So far, I have nothing but positive impressions. I'm very impressed with the R8ii. Everything about it is A1 to me. When I'm genuinely excited about a component in this manner, it's safe to say this is a keeper. Outstanding job Hiby!

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 12:41 PM Post #595 of 645
Yes I am absolutely loving my R8 II also - possibly my favourite DAP of quite a few I've been through. I would really love a functional and more luxurious case though, I can't use the stock case at all as several of my 4.4mm jacks just won't connect, and its painful removing the case each time, as such I'm going stark naked and treating it like a precious ornament as a result each time I use it! Hopefully Dignis or indeed Hiby themselves step up with something - I'd have no doubt there would be many buyers.

May 11, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #596 of 645
Yes I am absolutely loving my R8 II also - possibly my favourite DAP of quite a few I've been through. I would really love a functional and more luxurious case though, I can't use the stock case at all as several of my 4.4mm jacks just won't connect, and its painful removing the case each time, as such I'm going stark naked and treating it like a precious ornament as a result each time I use it! Hopefully Dignis or indeed Hiby themselves step up with something - I'd have no doubt there would be many buyers.
Same here. At this stage any case that just works it would be OK to me ๐Ÿ˜†

May 11, 2024 at 7:43 PM Post #597 of 645
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 11, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #598 of 645
May 12, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #600 of 645
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back