Hiby R6 Pro - serious upgrade to popular DAP
Jan 5, 2020 at 12:42 AM Post #2,822 of 4,006
Hey everyone, i'm changing from a Cayin N5ii to a Hiby R6 Pro. Currently I'm using Campfire Andromeda IEMs connected with a ALO Audio Reference 8 balanced cable which has a 2.5mm balanced male input into an iFi IEMatch into the Cayin N5ii. Will I encounter any significant issues using a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter in conjunction with the above, or would it be better to change over to the same REF8 cable but terminated with the 4.4mm male input for the Hiby R6 Pro? Thanks!

Jan 5, 2020 at 12:55 AM Post #2,823 of 4,006
Hey everyone, i'm changing from a Cayin N5ii to a Hiby R6 Pro. Currently I'm using Campfire Andromeda IEMs connected with a ALO Audio Reference 8 balanced cable which has a 2.5mm balanced male input into an iFi IEMatch into the Cayin N5ii. Will I encounter any significant issues using a 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter in conjunction with the above, or would it be better to change over to the same REF8 cable but terminated with the 4.4mm male input for the Hiby R6 Pro? Thanks!
It sounds a little unwieldy, but other than that it's fine :)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 5, 2020 at 1:11 AM Post #2,825 of 4,006
You're right, I think considering the output impedance of the Hiby R6 Pro I could possibly do away with the iFi IEMatch...

Thanks for the help!
Due to the Andromeda’s sensitivity and the R6 Pro’s high drive strength / power and resultant higher noise floor, you may need the IEMatch to avoid hissing.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 7:53 PM Post #2,827 of 4,006
Hi. I’m quite interested in this hiby r6 pro as an upgrade from my AK70 mkii. It is in my budget, reviews are super positive, and it seems to check all of the boxes I rate highly around sound quality and ease of use. However, I am concerned about the EMI interference given the way I use my DAP and phone. I am typically using my DAP at the gym, while on an exercise bike, with my phone nearby (like less than 12 inches from my dap). Would this be a foolish purchase given my set up and the reported EMI issues? Thanks.

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #2,829 of 4,006
Hi. I’m quite interested in this hiby r6 pro as an upgrade from my AK70 mkii. It is in my budget, reviews are super positive, and it seems to check all of the boxes I rate highly around sound quality and ease of use. However, I am concerned about the EMI interference given the way I use my DAP and phone. I am typically using my DAP at the gym, while on an exercise bike, with my phone nearby (like less than 12 inches from my dap). Would this be a foolish purchase given my set up and the reported EMI issues? Thanks.
Lots of interference, even with wifi abd blue off
12 inches will be very bad

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #2,830 of 4,006
Due to the Andromeda’s sensitivity and the R6 Pro’s high drive strength / power and resultant higher noise floor, you may need the IEMatch to avoid hissing.

Thanks for that! I guess my only option to reduce the hiss is what I previously mentioned hey?

Hiby R6 Pro > 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter > iFi IEMatch > ALO Audio Reference 8 Cable > Campfire Andromeda IEMs...

It will be very "unwieldy" as mentioned...

:cold_sweat:

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #2,831 of 4,006

never had interference unless rubbing my phone against it and even then it was fine usually. I used it all the time lying in bed with my phone right next to it. I think bluetooth is worse though

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #2,832 of 4,006
Lots of interference, even with wifi abd blue off
12 inches will be very bad
Adding on t
Just adding on to what SupperTime said, I think that as a gym device, this may not be the most practical option. The R6 pro is heavy, solid and on the edge of bing pocketable (Hey, is that an R6 pro in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?) . If you're doing any cardio, this may not be optimal. If you want something that's just for the gym, you may want to look at the R5. It's much smaller, has a good deal of power to push some higher impedance devices or give dynamic drivers that much-appreciated oomph and is easier to put in a pocket. The R5 has had no problems (as far as I have experienced) with EMI on 4.4 or 3.5mm. It's also light enough that over-ear cable headphones terminated in 4.4mm saved it from falling on the floor when I waved hi to a colleague.
I would highly recommend the R6 pro for situations where walking is about the most strenuous thing that you're doing when using it. I also prefer the presentation on the R6 or maybe I'm just used to it.
About the only situation that I could think of using the R6 pro in a gym is with a fanny-pack and doing work on a bench or machines.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:25 PM Post #2,833 of 4,006
The R6 Pro aluminum version is perfectly fine as a gym device. I use mine lifting and doing cardio, no problem. The stainless steel version is over 1/2 lb heavier I think that would be pushing it. I had a Cayin N5iiS previously which is about the same weight as the R6 Pro SS version and it was like carrying a brick around.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #2,834 of 4,006
Thanks for that! I guess my only option to reduce the hiss is what I previously mentioned hey?

Hiby R6 Pro > 2.5mm to 4.4mm adapter > iFi IEMatch > ALO Audio Reference 8 Cable > Campfire Andromeda IEMs...

It will be very "unwieldy" as mentioned...

:cold_sweat:
Yes, that is occasionally the exact setup I use, though in my case my most sensitive IEM is the Fearless S8F and that requires the IEMatch to eliminate the hiss.

Jan 5, 2020 at 10:44 PM Post #2,835 of 4,006
The R6 Pro aluminum version is perfectly fine as a gym device. I use mine lifting and doing cardio, no problem. The stainless steel version is over 1/2 lb heavier I think that would be pushing it. I had a Cayin N5iiS previously which is about the same weight as the R6 Pro SS version and it was like carrying a brick around.
With the aluminium version, have Hiby addressed some of the RF/EM interference issues like they did with the R5 or did they just change the chassis?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back