Hiby R6 Pro II (2023 Edition) - Launch, Hype, Thoughts & More
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:08 AM Post #1,892 of 1,946
Thanks...
I tried the hold previous & power button. for over a minute. Didn't work
I tried holding power button in by itself for a similar amount of time
I tried the play/pause buttons and power button combo, for ages as well.

I might try to let it drain battery, it was on 76% so might take a day or so since I can't play any music on it to speed it up. That seems to have worked for some in there.
It did show a white led at one stage during update, but screen was black entire time.

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:11 AM Post #1,893 of 1,946
Thanks...
I tried the hold previous & power button. for over a minute. Didn't work
I tried holding power button in by itself for a similar amount of time
I tried the play/pause buttons and power button combo, for ages as well.

I might try to let it drain battery, it was on 76% so might take a day or so since I can't play any music on it to speed it up. That seems to have worked for some in there.
It did show a white led at one stage during update, but screen was black entire time.
IMG_2696.jpeg

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #1,895 of 1,946
it doesn't help that I don't know the buttons yet.
I was holding down the volume down when I thought it was the pause/play

I see screen flash on/off when it restarts but I am getting nothing on the screen itself.

It's even more fun with DAPs that have a volume knob, rather than buttons... :wink:

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #1,896 of 1,946
Also worth trying while at it, plug a charger in the usb for 5-10 mins and retry the procedures you have tried, sometimes the charger seems to kickstart things.

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #1,897 of 1,946
It's even more fun with DAPs that have a volume knob, rather than buttons... :wink:
OK.... You made the point here... so How you force restart on devices with an encoder like the R6III/RS6 that only have an encoder ???
Nothing is mentionned into the manuals... And I personnaly had to force restart on both R5 and R5Gen2 a few times, so I'm a bit concerned to buy a DAP fitted with an encoder in the future... :grimacing:

[edit] Indeed I have also a M3 Ultra that has the fancy encoder all Shanling's have... They say in the manual you can force restart by holding power button (wheel) for 12 or more seconds... I'll try just to see if it really works.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #1,898 of 1,946
Yeah that’s gonna’ be a no for me…

-Ed

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #1,900 of 1,946
Hi everyone

relatively newbie here.

So I have been looking at dap models for the last 6 months and I bought a Hiby R6 Pro 2 on Wednesday and got it today.
I used the instructions in this thread to fix its case. I didn't get much time to actually listen to anything...

It was a pain to get it to recognize 1.30 existed, I had to do a few system resets before it even found it.
It seemed to install okay but on restart I was left with a black screen and the only sign of life is the blue led on side.

How do you power this off without a screen? I tried holding power button in for ages but all that did was turn light off.

is there anyway to flash firmware externally? since screen isn't showing any signs of working? I normally deal with PC's and they have ways now.

I have contacted the store I bought it off and will probably arrange a replacement and hope it doesn't happen again.

I only got to use it for 6 hours. 2 hours charging, 4 hours messing with firmware. I don't like messing with firmware as it can end badly...

I also had problems getting tidal to log me in, it kept thinking I was a bot and I couldn't do anything with the captchas it showed me. I use tidal on PC and phone on same IP and never get any problems.. Is it a Hiby thing?
Hi Colif,

Sorry to hear this, I have checked with headquarters and they also surmise that your unit would have to be returned, whether or not the fault was caused by hardware.

It appears you did eventually try the correct combo for forced restart (volume down+Power, for volume wheel based devices this has been remapped to the forward / rewind buttons), but that didn't help.

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #1,901 of 1,946
Thank you for the reply.

I am waiting for tomorrow to talk to shop I got it off, arrange a return/replacement - Hope it doesn't happen again.

I remember one of the updates took a few tries to run, it kept failing. Not sure if it was 1.30 though. I just kept trying and did a few system resets, as I had read that can help get them to work.

Apr 28, 2024 at 2:06 AM Post #1,902 of 1,946
Just had an extensive demo session on the R6 Pro II. And wow, I'm in love with it.

Even after a 6 hour session with it, normally enough for the dap comparisons I make. I'll be going for a second round to catalyse my thoughts.

It's definitely a gem in the current market, heck I prefer it over the SP3000 overall. I don't know how the FiiO M23 is going to compete with it.

Quick question though, many of you find that it's bass extension is lacking? I'm not sure if it's a power thing (I'm running class A high gain 85-90) but some rumble just isn't coming though for me.

Apr 28, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #1,903 of 1,946
Thank you for the reply.

I am waiting for tomorrow to talk to shop I got it off, arrange a return/replacement - Hope it doesn't happen again.

I remember one of the updates took a few tries to run, it kept failing. Not sure if it was 1.30 though. I just kept trying and did a few system resets, as I had read that can help get them to work.
You may consider updating directly to the latest via a manual download: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/119DHgE-XISrIQaMl1TOGRvVXHnDNaUf7

Once the file is copied to the device or SD card, go to firmware update in settings and tap the 3-dot / hamburger button upper right and select Update from Local file

Last edited:
HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 28, 2024 at 5:37 AM Post #1,904 of 1,946
Just had an extensive demo session on the R6 Pro II. And wow, I'm in love with it.

Even after a 6 hour session with it, normally enough for the dap comparisons I make. I'll be going for a second round to catalyse my thoughts.

It's definitely a gem in the current market, heck I prefer it over the SP3000 overall. I don't know how the FiiO M23 is going to compete with it.

Quick question though, many of you find that it's bass extension is lacking? I'm not sure if it's a power thing (I'm running class A high gain 85-90) but some rumble just isn't coming though for me.
I think once you fine tune the PEQ settings for you headphones and some other settings like the MSEB and also the DRX10K plugin, you will be able to get decent bass.
I also have a few different EQ settings programmed ( only use two mainly) so if a song is lacking in bass or treble I can change accordingly with just a couple of clicks.

Apr 28, 2024 at 5:45 AM Post #1,905 of 1,946
I think once you fine tune the PEQ settings for you headphones and some other settings like the MSEB and also the DRX10K plugin, you will be able to get decent bass.
I also have a few different EQ settings programmed ( only use two mainly) so if a song is lacking in bass or treble I can change accordingly with just a couple of clicks.
Anything other than that? I'll give it a shot but it's not a level playing field anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back