HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Apr 4, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #646 of 872
Using a card is hardly dynamic and very inflexible compared to streaming.

On a match box sized device with old Nokia style keyboard?
I don't think so :)

WiFi coverage on beaches, in parks and other places where people usually take these tiny players is also less than perfect (Spain included).

But to all, their own :)

Apr 5, 2023 at 6:48 AM Post #647 of 872
IMG_20230405_123044_(152.4_x_102_mm).jpg

Spotify, using Logitech Media Server

Screenshot_20230405-120301.jpg

Apr 5, 2023 at 9:28 AM Post #649 of 872
Going from full to zero overnight when turned off, Wi-Fi and BT off, just tried standby last night and that didn't drain battery.

Okay, today, for the first time, I've experienced an unexpected battery drain when the R2 II was off and left in a cabinet in a room temperature.
I did not change my routine, at all - no WiFi, no Bluetooth, since I'd listened to local audio files. The earphones were plugged in.

During 7 hours the battery went from around 70% to 15%

Quite disturbing.

Apr 5, 2023 at 10:12 AM Post #650 of 872
Okay, today, for the first time, I've experienced an unexpected battery drain when the R2 II was off and left in a cabinet in a room temperature.
I did not change my routine, at all - no WiFi, no Bluetooth, since I'd listened to local audio files. The earphones were plugged in.

During 7 hours the battery went from around 70% to 15%

Quite disturbing.
So it's not just me, gotta wait for first system update I guess?

Apr 5, 2023 at 12:18 PM Post #652 of 872
My Hiby R2 II will be in my hand tomorrow or day after and I'm already feeling unhappy. Beside this battery issue, someone pointed another issue with this DAP. I hope these are software issues and not hardware issues so it can be fixed with firmware.

Apr 5, 2023 at 12:59 PM Post #653 of 872
My Hiby R2 II will be in my hand tomorrow or day after and I'm already feeling unhappy. Beside this battery issue, someone pointed another issue with this DAP. I hope these are software issues and not hardware issues so it can be fixed with firmware.
HiBy R3Pro also has that very loud pop sound issue - start playing, set on pause, wait at least 30 seconds then start playing, use balanced output.

Apr 6, 2023 at 9:50 AM Post #656 of 872
Fortunately I have not yet experienced any software issues. However, my unit has an opening where the buttons are located.

Does this happen to you guys too? I'm asking this because some of the few videos on YT about this unit seems to have the exact same problem.
Same here, I think it is the soft plastic which deforms easily.

Attachments

• Hiby R2 II.jpeg
    Hiby R2 II.jpeg
    485.8 KB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2023 at 9:57 AM Post #657 of 872
Quite a departure from the metal and glass body of the original R2 :worried:

Apr 6, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #658 of 872
Ordered Hiby R2 II on the same day as a Shanling M0 Pro, some 2 weeks ago, at the last AliExpress big sale. Couldn't resist, as it was really a bargain. Streaming Tidal works flawlessly but the UI is not quite intuitive. Don't like to read the manuals. Right out of the box, it took me longer than usually to understand the menus.

Attachments

• FiiO M5, Hiby r2 II, Shanling M0 Pro.jpeg
    FiiO M5, Hiby r2 II, Shanling M0 Pro.jpeg
    825.7 KB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #660 of 872
Many album covers are not shown at all, There must be some size limit for the album arts, which I haven't encountered with any other similar player yet.
Using Tidal, it shows only 4 own playlists, only 4 artists and only 8 random tracks from all of my favourite music.
Either the battery drains too quickly or the battery percentage shown is not accurate.

On the positive side, it does sound realy great, especially with hi-rez files and has quite nice soundstage and a good separation for such a small entry-level player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back