HiBy R2 - HiBy's entry-level HiFi digital audio player
Apr 2, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #634 of 872
How often does R2 II crash for you? How easy is it to reboot and how long does it take to reboot from a system crash?
So far at least once a day. It crashes most when transmitting or receive over bluetooth but if you just listen to music then it crash less. Btw I used Sandisk Gold microSD so I don't think that's the issue.

Apr 2, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #635 of 872
Not a single crash on my end and I've been using it daily for almost a week.

I found a thing that bugs me, though. The music player suffers from dementia - it not only doesn't remember WHERE it left off, but also WHAT it was playing after being connected to a PC in mass storage mode. Pretty irritating, especially if you listen to some longer podcasts.

Apr 3, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #636 of 872
So far at least once a day. It crashes most when transmitting or receive over bluetooth but if you just listen to music then it crash less. Btw I used Sandisk Gold microSD so I don't think that's the issue.
Thanks. That's not going to affect me then, I'm still using wired earbuds and playing my FLACs off a microSD.

Apr 3, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #638 of 872
Enjoying the R2-II as digital transport over AirPlay with my ML5909. :):):)
AirPlay is a little finicky, especially when roaming through my house access points, but still... with the R2-II in my jeans pocket, this is a great wireless, high-quality, option (better than BT AAC) !!!
I have also tried with the R2-II tethered to my iPhone hotspot: works... but you need to select the "Maximize Compatibility" option in the hotspot settings (enables 2.4GHz on the iPhone?). Certainly, more tests needed for stability and battery usage.

1680535596485.jpeg

Apr 4, 2023 at 5:47 AM Post #639 of 872
This post concerns the original R2.

When I start Tidal the app always shows a QR code for login. This is a change from earlier firmware which allowed for text login.

How do I get a permanent login which avoids this irritating QR method (which is not sticky)?

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:12 AM Post #640 of 872
This post concerns the original R2.

When I start Tidal the app always shows a QR code for login. This is a change from earlier firmware which allowed for text login.

How do I get a permanent login which avoids this irritating QR method (which is not sticky)?
There is the HiBy's answer somewhere on https://www.facebook.com/hibycom/ They said that is Tidal's API change for login method for non-Android devices. Login session expires after 24 hours, there is no permanent login solution now. It also applies to Tidal app on R3 Pro.

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:34 AM Post #641 of 872
There is the HiBy's answer somewhere on https://www.facebook.com/hibycom/ They said that is Tidal's API change for login method for non-Android devices. Login session expires after 24 hours, there is no permanent login solution now. It also applies to Tidal app on R3 Pro.
Grrrrr! Sort of defeats the usability of the R as a standalone device.

I have another instance of the Tidal api on a different system which doesn't create this time limited login. So there must be a workaround which Hiby could implement.

Thanks for the info.

Apr 4, 2023 at 7:53 AM Post #643 of 872

Users who are viewing this thread

Back