HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Nov 16, 2023 at 12:10 AM Post #62 of 658
@Joe Bloggs can this DAP use your transient boost plugin?
It doesn't support DRX10K via built in system plugins (not available on the M300). But I have ported it to JamesDSP which can be run rootless on these new Android versions 😁

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 17, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #67 of 658

HiBy Digital M300 First Impressions​

compresed.png

WATCH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW HERE:

Come with me as I share my first impressions on the HiBy Digital M300, the Gen-Z Music Player. This is HiBy Digital’s first product priced at $199 and is currently the cheapest Android DAP in the market. And as a member of the Gen-Z, I would like to know of this can really live up to its name. So let’s find out!

Coming from the expertise and experience of HiBy, the M300 from HiBy Digital is a genuinely impressive device for the price. A full android experience barring the sim and camera and a more than competent spec sheet makes this a very usable and practical device for music lovers.

Although the lack of Android SRC bypass, bugs and instability as well as the somewhat underwhelming interface (e.g. the buttons) might turn some people off, I’d say that for its asking price, it’s more than enough to justify its existence. Just don’t expect this to be the end all be all audiophile device.

STAY TUNED FOR THE FULL REVIEW!

Thank you for reading my first impressions on the M300. If you would like to order one, consider using the non-affiliated link below:

If you have any questions or concerns, message me on my facebook page or my email at obodioreviews@gmail.com

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #68 of 658

HiBy Digital M300 First Impressions​

compresed.png

WATCH EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW HERE:

Come with me as I share my first impressions on the HiBy Digital M300, the Gen-Z Music Player. This is HiBy Digital’s first product priced at $199 and is currently the cheapest Android DAP in the market. And as a member of the Gen-Z, I would like to know of this can really live up to its name. So let’s find out!

Coming from the expertise and experience of HiBy, the M300 from HiBy Digital is a genuinely impressive device for the price. A full android experience barring the sim and camera and a more than competent spec sheet makes this a very usable and practical device for music lovers.

Although the lack of Android SRC bypass, bugs and instability as well as the somewhat underwhelming interface (e.g. the buttons) might turn some people off, I’d say that for its asking price, it’s more than enough to justify its existence. Just don’t expect this to be the end all be all audiophile device.

STAY TUNED FOR THE FULL REVIEW!

Thank you for reading my first impressions on the M300. If you would like to order one, consider using the non-affiliated link below:

If you have any questions or concerns, message me on my facebook page or my email at obodioreviews@gmail.com

I'm a great fan of HiBy. I've still got a working version of the OG R5 and the R6 III too. The R6 III punches way above it's price point. To see HiBy being brave enough to bring a low priced music DAP onto the market with a 3.5mm and a modern version of Android, makes total sense to me. Cheap enough to start younger ones on the road to good quality sound and keeping a 3.5mm jack is a good combination. Fantastic value.

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #69 of 658
I'm a great fan of HiBy. I've still got a working version of the OG R5 and the R6 III too. The R6 III punches way above it's price point. To see HiBy being brave enough to bring a low priced music DAP onto the market with a 3.5mm and a modern version of Android, makes total sense to me. Cheap enough to start younger ones on the road to good quality sound and keeping a 3.5mm jack is a good combination. Fantastic value.
Agreed! HiBy already leads the pack with budget non-android DAPs (and is one of the few brands that offer budget non-android DAPs in the first place) and HiBy Digital has all the makings to be a leader in the budget Android market too. If HiBy Digital gets enough financial backing, surely we'll find sub $100 Android DAPs in no time

Nov 17, 2023 at 1:39 PM Post #70 of 658
:sunglasses: I'm a great fan of HiBy. I've still got a working version of the OG R5 and the R6 III too. The R6 III punches way above its price point. To see HiBy being brave enough to bring a low priced music DAP onto the market with a 3.5mm and a modern version of Android, makes total sense to me. Cheap enough to start younger ones on the road to good quality sound and keeping a 3.5mm jack is a good combination. Fantastic value.
I also agree :thumbsup: If you start from the R5-II or R6-III and look at lower price Hiby’s, you have on one hand the R3-II with a simplified (compared to the R5/R6 Android) OS, but pretty good audio spec, and now, on the other hand, the M300, with full Android, and simplified audio (still, the single CS43141 is no slouch). I think the M300 is going to fill a nice niche. I don’t need it but have one on order :ksc75smile:
There might still be room for a (lower spec? smaller?) M200…

Nov 17, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #71 of 658
Thank you very much for the review and all the information about the M300. It look very nice!

One question, can .apk applications be installed, for example, from the microSD or another location that is not necessarily the Play Store like any Android or is this blocked?

Nov 18, 2023 at 8:33 AM Post #73 of 658
Thank you very much for the review and all the information about the M300. It look very nice!

One question, can .apk applications be installed, for example, from the microSD or another location that is not necessarily the Play Store like any Android or is this blocked?
Yes, you can sideload apk's.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 18, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #74 of 658
I also agree :thumbsup: If you start from the R5-II or R6-III and look at lower price Hiby’s, you have on one hand the R3-II with a simplified (compared to the R5/R6 Android) OS, but pretty good audio spec, and now, on the other hand, the M300, with full Android, and simplified audio (still, the single CS43141 is no slouch). I think the M300 is going to fill a nice niche. I don’t need it but have one on order :ksc75smile:
There might still be room for a (lower spec? smaller?) M200…
Hoping that when Android 14 comes around, the HiBY Digital releases a new DAP that can do bit perfect (if the rumors about the Android 14 is true)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back