HiBy Digital M300 Android Digital Audio Player,"The Gen-Z Music Player" - Discussion thread
Apr 4, 2024 at 7:25 PM Post #572 of 612
Your review of the M300 and the boot.img/fastboot Rom was the deciding factor in my purchase of the M300, thank you very much.

I purchased the M300 and am waiting for it to ship.
Since Hiby doesn't offer previous firmware directly, I think I need a backup of the previous version.
Can you help me with this when my M300 arrives? (If I receive that with a 1.2 or lower version...)
I don't know how to use the DSU, but I know how to do simple things like unlocking the bootloader, rooting, and installing GSI.

@Joe Bloggs Or can Hiby provide me with older firmware (from the very first version)?
I could ask but it seems an odd request, a copy of the firmware that the device originally shipped with, and HiBy does not officially support rooting etc.

Still, I would love to look into the issue of changing Apple sound sometime but would have to see if the company has a free account I can use (I sure as heck ain't paying for one from what I've read)

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:47 AM Post #574 of 612
I could ask but it seems an odd request, a copy of the firmware that the device originally shipped with, and HiBy does not officially support rooting etc.

Still, I would love to look into the issue of changing Apple sound sometime but would have to see if the company has a free account I can use (I sure as heck ain't paying for one from what I've read)

Considering M300 autosamples everything up... Do I have to use high res in streaming services or no?

As in the attached image. With apple music, it's currently like this. Or I can even switch off lossless audio and m300 would do its thing?

1000063428.jpg

Edit: I notice that the settings on apple revert to below on its own (though I set as above)

1000063429.jpg

Edit again: think the revert happened coz my phone Internet connection wasn't great that time. On broadband now, and it stays at high res.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #576 of 612

It's not odd to request an older version of the firmware.

In rare cases, people may want to roll back if a new version has bugs or unwanted changes.
In my case, there was an issue with the very first version that limited the touchtone to 48Khz when turned on.
This is a bit of a special case, but for me, I'd rather have the resampling fixed at 48Khz, which is why I'm asking for the first version of the firmware.

Not everyone will have the same experience, but there is person on the forums who claim to actually hear a change in sound with the 1.3 firmware.
Also, if you want to use a custom rom with GSI or something, it may only be compatible with certain firmware versions.

In the end, there are many benefits to making all legacy firmware publicly available.
Once again, can I request older versions of the firmware?

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:50 PM Post #577 of 612
Hello all.
@kesobie I just received the player which is really impressive. Nevertheless, there is a problem with it and thought to ask your view before returning it. From time to time the top half of the screen becomes unresponsive to touch gestures and the top drop down menu doesn’t work. If I lock and unlock the device then it works as normal. Any idea what might be causing this issue?

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:22 AM Post #580 of 612
Thanks! will do. Bass and Treble dynamics work kick-ass! Couldn't see much effect in mids - though that could be cos of the heavy metal number I am running on apple music. Haven't had time yet to play different genre. Treble was too cool - i increased and the cymbal crashes had that twang. Bass punch was immediately noticeable. Have reverted to default by pressing that 'refresh' sort of button on top. Will tweak around tonight.
Couldn't understand much of the names in the main screen (other than your 13 parameters thingy). Though the surround sound thing was noticeble of course. Out of head plays above my head a touch, though I settled on your 'realistic surround' version there'. Rest of the stuff i haven't tweaked. will google to try understand them.

Will also see the limit bias slider that you mention above.

Thanks again. Fab stuff.

And I have to say this: even without these tweaks, I am loving the Hiby M300 as it is for the last few days. The low end in particular is pleasurably ultra-taut as compared to just phone/dongle i was using before. And battery drain is of course lesser than the phone. But with streaming it doesn't go beyond 10 hours but I am fine with it as it still way better than my phone/dongle usage.

So those who are still on the fence on this device - please to buy it especially if you are coming from my usage case sort of experience of using phone with dongles with 3.5 mm termination.

I continue to use your plugins (dynamics) through that RootlessJamesDSP.

The bass is discernibly stronger but also snappier, not blurry and bloomy like some EQs can do. The 'limit bias' tube-ish effect as described can be a hit and a miss, depending on song recordings almost. At least for me. Lusher on occasions and muddled on others. I also often use the 'virtual surround' as well. But mainly, the bass, treble and mids dynamics - work really well. Thanks @Joe Bloggs , very good stuff!

Occasionally, at the RJD, i also fiddle around importing the squig graphs stuff, though haven't quite found em hitting the sweetspot yet.

Apr 10, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #581 of 612
Has anyone tried the M300 with the Ddhifi TC28c Pro?, it stops working when I plug a charger in. @Joe Bloggs is this a limitation on the device?, no issues with my Galaxy S22 or when using the ibasso CB19 cable @ddHiFi.
Sorry, but I'm not understanding well, how to you plug in a charger? You have an additional type C adapter?

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #582 of 612
Sorry, but I'm not understanding well, how to you plug in a charger? You have an additional type C adapter?
https://www.headphonezone.in/products/ddhifi-tc28cpro-usb-c-to-usb-c-otg-adapter has two usb-slots. You attach the TC28c Pro to your phone, say. Now, you can use a dac-dongle via one slot (and IEMs thro that dongle) and charge the phone from the other slot.

Useful as like M300 has just one usb slot, which is fine if you use your earphones through its 3.5mm slot and you can still simultaneously charge the M300. But if you are using a Dac dongle, then that take up the solo usb-c slot, and you can't charge the device.

This device can come handy with something like Hiby FC6, that drains the M300 battery rather quickly. I was thinking of getting a Tc28cpro for that reason, but if this problem exists, then I shall skip.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:41 AM Post #583 of 612
https://www.headphonezone.in/products/ddhifi-tc28cpro-usb-c-to-usb-c-otg-adapter has two usb-slots. You attach the TC28c Pro to your phone, say. Now, you can use a dac-dongle via one slot (and IEMs thro that dongle) and charge the phone from the other slot.

Useful as like M300 has just one usb slot, which is fine if you use your earphones through its 3.5mm slot and you can still simultaneously charge the M300. But if you are using a Dac dongle, then that take up the solo usb-c slot, and you can't charge the device.

This device can come handy with something like Hiby FC6, that drains the M300 battery rather quickly. I was thinking of getting a Tc28cpro for that reason, but if this problem exists, then I shall skip.
I have this and unfortunately it doesn’t work. Probably too much current going through it. Works perfectly fine on my phone but not on the M300 nor the Sony NWA306.

Apr 10, 2024 at 5:27 PM Post #585 of 612

Ok nice, I was not aware.

I've the TC44Pro that only has one type C plug and the 3.5mm slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back