HF-2!!!
May 16, 2009 at 8:42 PM Post #31 of 704
Todd,

I got my order in. Thanks!

May 16, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #32 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1UP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll definitely be keen to try them at Canjam. However, is it not somewhat impulsive for people to be placing preorders without having heard them or knowing much of anything about how they sound?!

No.

May 16, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #33 of 704
Quote:

However, is it not somewhat impulsive for people to be placing preorders without having heard them or knowing much of anything about how they sound?!

Not really. I suspect that most of us ordering have owned/own/have a fair amount of experience with other Grado models, including the HF1s, and have fairly realistic expectations of sound quality, even if we don't know exactly what they'll sound like. Jude and Todd have also given basic impressions, and though one could say that they have a personal investment in the HF2s success and will say they sound good no matter what, they, in truth, have more of an investment in maintaining their credibility in the community. I tend to trust their statements. I expect the HF2s to have a Grado house sound. I expect to enjoy them.

Thanks again, Todd. See you at CanJam.

May 16, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #34 of 704
Quote:

I'll definitely be keen to try them at Canjam. However, is it not somewhat impulsive for people to be placing preorders without having heard them or knowing much of anything about how they sound?!

You've been around long enough to know that the answer to that question is meaningless.

May 16, 2009 at 11:55 PM Post #37 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
or not.

Matters not to me, it'll be all wood by the time I'm done with it.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Big thanks to both Todd and Grado for pulling this off again. I hope folks, even those who were around during the HF-1s, understand just how special a gesture this is.

May 17, 2009 at 12:27 AM Post #39 of 704
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think of it as being more special, because of how upset John was after the selloff the first time around...

I hope we don't have to go through that again, but it already seems a lot of new accounts are being created with new members trying to get to five posts.

Anyhow, I hope there aren't any bad feelings from this round and that in a couple of years the HF-3 will turn up. I'll buy that one sight unseen, too.

May 17, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #42 of 704
On the optimistic side, lets keep in mind also some of the new accounts may be created by long-term lurkers who have valued the site and community and just want to take advantage of the offer. Nothing wrong with that and I've met several at meets who's been around for months without making a single post. Even have a friend who takes most of her CD recommendations from the music forum, but has no account.

After all they needed to find out about the HF2 somehow and I haven't seen the announcement picked up on many other audio sites yet.

On the pessimistic side, I wonder if there are members who want to place a second order.
redface.gif

May 17, 2009 at 4:01 AM Post #43 of 704
So it's safe to assume that Todd will notify us before the HF-2s will be out of stock? I would really like to see some actual reviews and impressions before plunking down some money for them (not that I'm saying I'm not extremely interested in them).

May 17, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #45 of 704
Man, I leave the country for a few days and this is what happens. I missed out on the original HF-1 sale, but I just reserved my place for an HF-2. 2009 is shaping up to be a very interesting year...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back