Help With Assignment Part1 - Topic: "Do You Think The World now is too Americanised?"
Sep 8, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #31 of 33
Since I myself have taught writing occasionally (and have listened to the complaints of my English-teaching mother for a lifetime), I'd prefer not to do your work for you. Instead, I'll make general suggestions (which should allow you to derive satisfaction from doing the actual work yourself). For the sake of your presentation, I'll try to be practical and clear.

Perhaps the most relevant, succinct and inoffensive way to look at Americanization might be to confine your area of scrutiny to either marketing or economics. (You'll have to do research that involves reading and interpreting source material, but that shouldn't be difficult, as you seem to have access to the in-ter-net, mon frere.)

Two possible approaches:

1. How do common American franchises, ventures, investment areas and/or business practices impact on the rest of the world economically? What are the drawbacks and advantages of that sort of influence? (You could speak to all four sorts of influence or only one, depending on time constraints.) Answer both questions, then conclude with a paragraph that sums up your informed yea or nay -- ideally, with a sense of rhythm that underscores your point.

2. How do American marketing styles and strategies affect target research, advertising and promotion in other countries? Have certain American models helped or hindered specific non-American businesses in achieving market growth? (Even a search of news articles on google should yield sufficient material.) You could cite examples from two or three countries and then conclude with a sonorous balanced sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back