Help me choose power conditioner
Apr 17, 2010 at 11:12 PM Post #2 of 17
I tried a Silver Circle Audio Juice Box Jr (see ttvj.com) and I'm pleased enough with the difference I'm thinking of getting the 6-port version. It improves the quality of my digital gear and adds an uncanny blackness and clarity with my single tube amp. Excellent value at less than the cost of a couple of less-effective but basically decent fancy power cords.

Apr 17, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #3 of 17
I have the PST-8D. For the price it is a nice power conditioner.

Apr 18, 2010 at 3:37 PM Post #4 of 17
I thank you all recommendation!

For Furman PST-8D.. what is digital and analog separate outlet? I assume any cd player, dac etc plug in to the digital side and turn table, amp etc plug in to the analog side?

Apr 18, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 17
you can plug anything into any outlet. All all filtered. Digital has different filtering than Analog. Just got off the phone .

Apr 18, 2010 at 7:22 PM Post #6 of 17
I'm not really a fan of either. The PS Power Plant is decent for low powered equipment like DACs or CD players, but their passive conditioners are nothing to write home about, and I haven't heard a Furman that I liked.

My suggestion would be an Audience Ar1p - they are around $300 on Audiogon. It's hard to do better without spending double that.

Apr 18, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #7 of 17
I just was told about a PST-8d for about 100 bucks NIB dinged packaging Full warranty. That is way cheaper that what I bought mine for.

Apr 18, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #8 of 17
Digital: Plasma or LCD TV, dvd player, vcr, and cable box.
Analog: Preamplifier, amplifier, receiver, subwoofer, DAC, and cd player.

Have two ac-215's, looking for a third. Imo the sound color of it is a more forceful and dynamic sound with improved microdetail, but sometimes feels like there's less space or the height is compressed.

Apr 19, 2010 at 5:51 AM Post #9 of 17
The Furman you're looking at seems to offer the same LiFT and SMP technologies as the PL-8C pro/rack model that I have. I was very impressed with the difference it made (overall detail improved, bass tightened up substantially, seemed like yet another layer of nastiness was removed from the sound allowing my Stello DA220 to reach is full potential) when I put the PL-8C in my rig. I'd highly recommend it for its price.

I haven't tried the PS Audio so I can't really comment there.

Apr 19, 2010 at 7:10 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Furman you're looking at seems to offer the same LiFT and SMP technologies as the PL-8C pro/rack model that I have. I was very impressed with the difference it made (overall detail improved, bass tightened up substantially, seemed like yet another layer of nastiness was removed from the sound allowing my Stello DA220 to reach is full potential) when I put the PL-8C in my rig. I'd highly recommend it for its price..

This Furman seems very promising, and the price is good as well.
My question: the specifications state the maximum current load is 10amps. Is that enough for a headphone amp and a dac (they should be around 70W)?

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by realmassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Furman seems very promising, and the price is good as well.
My question: the specifications state the maximum current load is 10amps. Is that enough for a headphone amp and a dac (they should be around 70W)?

10 amps is roughly 1200 watts - that should cover a 70 watt load with room to spare!

Apr 19, 2010 at 8:33 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
10 amps is roughly 1200 watts - that should cover a 70 watt load with room to spare!

Oooopss! Sorry for stupid question :) Total newbie here
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back