Hello
Aug 11, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #17 of 59
This forum is headfi.

The logo says it all.

That's a picture of headphones and that is what this forum is all about; headphones.
It'll help you find a great headphones/earphones setup for listening to sound.

I'm not sure if the traditional greeting 'welcome to headfi- sorry for your wallet' is as relevant and true as it were a few years ago. Believe me, nowadays there is a massive trend of people sticking to low priced gear in the $50 range say and there's plenty plenty of sense in that since there has been an influx in low priced great sounding stuff in recent times. 

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #20 of 59
I joined in September 2009. That's 3 years ago. There are plenty of crazy people here with either too much disposable income, debt lovers or like me, have little self control and will eat instant noodles at work to save money :wink:.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #21 of 59
I came in here in June looking for a IEM similar to the very popular Klipsch image S4.  

I'm down 2.5k now.

I compare it to wasting money on a macbook pro so it's all good.

Aug 11, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #22 of 59
Unlike me, you must have a nice paying job lol

I'm in the same boat as MomikiTMO here: I just downsized to a new apartment with lower rent and I've been eating the cheapest crap that still keeps me healthy just so I can afford my next purchase. I only joined a year ago, and I'm countless thousands in.

Don't get the wrong idea; we tend to overstate. Most of the community here only has a few pairs of headphones, it's just the constant posters like us that give the idea that everyone has 400 (don't be surprised, there are a few of us with that many pairs of headphones. coughWertherDVXcough). Loving audio is all about what your individual tastes are. There are a few of us that skipped the journey, bought a $20k rig, and were done with. Most of us work our way up the latter and lose a lot of money along the way. We love every minute of it, though.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #24 of 59

=

" this stuffs like women, but you can sell it used and not be a pimp" 

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #26 of 59
Mac is nice and all..you are definitely paying for customer support, no hassle, build quality, great product...but overpriced for the functionality. I wouldn't buy one myself but I can't say I wouldn't want it free.

Price performance PC is king.

Redcarmoose lol.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #28 of 59
Like the other money pit, you'll have something to listen to when your broke, and it might block out the other money pit.

Aug 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #30 of 59
If someone came up to me and said please have my 27 inch TOTL iMac, I'm not sure anyone could refuse lol. But I don't think I would spend money on them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back