Hello everybody!
Dec 19, 2013 at 2:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Peccz

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum but have been browsing the forum from now and then, it felt like it's time to create an account now.
I'm a guy, 26 years old from Stockholm, Sweden, with no place for a big stereo. A great excuse to build a great portable system instead!

My gear:

-AKG K518LE (mod) headphones
                   -Detachable one-cable mod
                   -Blu tack mod
                   -Custom Gotham GAC-4/1 cable with Pailiccs plugs

-Electric Avenues PA2V2 amp

-Sony Walkman NW-A1000 DAP

Looking forward to learning from you guys!

//Philip

Dec 19, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #2 of 17
Hej Philip, welcome
L3000.gif

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #4 of 17
Hej Philip, I lived in Luleå for one whole year
smily_headphones1.gif
. I miss Sweden in few ways.
I wanted to write Välkommen till head fi (Welcome to head fi).

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 17
Ah, då förstår jag. I've never been to Luleå, but I'm flying there in January on my way to Boden. Hope for a lot of snow by then! What did you do in Lule, study at LTU?

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 17
You are right, I am an alumini of LTU
smily_headphones1.gif
. LTU has an excellent infrastructure. Are you going for skiing in Boden?

Dec 22, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 17
Hi Philip, welcome to Head-Fi! 
smile.gif
  Sorry about your wallet. 
redface.gif

Dec 23, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #8 of 17
Thank's warrenpchi. I also feel kind of bad for my wallet, may it rest in peace... Right now however, I think my parents are taking the biggest hit, with Christmas eve tomorrow and my birthday in a couple of weeks... I know that I'll get a pair of AKG K550 for Christmas, and I'm hoping for a nice USB-DAC for my birthday. :)

I don't think there'll be any skiing in Boden, I'm going there for a "heavy truck winter course", hoping for A LOT of snow! I'm really looking forward to seeing Luleå and Boden, I've never been north of Piteå before. :)

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #9 of 17
Good choice!  Is the K 550 expensive in Sweden?  It's on sale for $213 (USD) here in the States right now.

Dec 23, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #10 of 17
I don't think there'll be any skiing in Boden, I'm going there for a "heavy truck winter course", hoping for A LOT of snow! I'm really looking forward to seeing Luleå and Boden, I've never been north of Piteå before. :)

Yep, there will be a lot of snow and too cold
basshead.gif

Good choice!  Is the K 550 expensive in Sweden?  It's on sale for $213 (USD) here in the States right now.

everything is costly in Sweden. 25% flat tax on whatever you buy.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #11 of 17
It's about $270 right now, we've had a price drop here. Think it was about $400 before.

Actually hoping for it to be really cold, it's fall weather in Stockholm right now. I want some real winter!

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #12 of 17
can you buy from amazon Germany? I think they ship to Sweden. http://www.amazon.de/AKG-K550-Premium-Kopfh%C3%B6rer/dp/B005CNR7B0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1387838328&sr=8-1&keywords=akg+k550

If you want a real winter, visit ice hotel http://www.icehotel.com/. I visited there in 2007. It is amazing that they build ice hotel each year with 5000 tons of ice.

Dec 28, 2013 at 5:15 AM Post #13 of 17
I got them from a local HiFi shop, I like to promote the local shops where it's possible to try the great out before buying. :)
I really like the new cans, they bring up lots of sounds in the music I've never heard before, some that are great to hear and some annoying, like compression or to much reverb. The bass is really good as well, I don't think they are bass light, but they don't add any bass if there is none to begin with. Use them with my PA2v2 and Sony NW-A1000, but will probably get an HRT MicroStreamer. :)

I wonder if they've been able to build the ice hotel this year, it's really warm here in Sweden right now, worst winter I've ever experienced.:-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back