Hell, a modern perspective
May 12, 2005 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
This isn't intended to be a discussion of religious issues. Don't.

Ok, with that out of the way... for a class, we had an assignment to describe through creative writing our vision of Hell. Kind of like Dante's Inferno, except about 2-3 pages long.

Well, I was having fun... and it ended up in a screenplay format, weighing in at 17 pages
redface.gif

For your reading enjoyment...

http://www.audiogeek.net/hell.rtf

May 12, 2005 at 10:35 AM Post #3 of 13
It's a little vulgar, but an interesting approach to the assignment. Hopefully you won't be required to shorten it.

May 12, 2005 at 1:39 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by wrhawk
It's a little vulgar, but an interesting approach to the assignment. Hopefully you won't be required to shorten it.

Are you kidding?
This is the last piece of writing I have to do for any class this year... school ends for me tomorrow. Given my grades in the class, I probably could have not done it at all without there being an effect on my grade.

May 12, 2005 at 2:05 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

I always wanted to read Dante's Inferno, you think borders has a copy in my lingo?

depends on what planet you check for a copy
wink.gif

i could give the rickanese condensed version but that would be against head-fi law
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 12, 2005 at 5:19 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Are you kidding?
This is the last piece of writing I have to do for any class this year... school ends for me tomorrow. Given my grades in the class, I probably could have not done it at all without there being an effect on my grade.

LOL When I was in high school, I'd regularly have over a 100% grade in my German class (in fact I think I was at 115% or somewhat higher one semester). The teacher offered a whole lot of extra credit throughout the semester and on quizzes/tests to help out the students who didn't take to the language naturally but were willing to work hard to make up for it. For me, it was a piece of cake, so I'd do the extra credit stuff anyway. My teacher would frown at me with great disdain whenever I'd decide I didn't really feel like doing a particular assignment. There was a lot of leeway between where I was at and a B, so not much she could do besides frown and roll her eyes
biggrin.gif

May 12, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #8 of 13
Eric, here is the authentic, modern version of Hell in Grand Cayman! I'm sure you would have done the 5 minute tour while you were here.

Ivan is the guy who runs the gift shop and dresses up like the devil. He says things like, "How the hell are you?" and "Where is the hell are you from?" and then no matter what your answer is, he replies, "Oh, that's a hell of a place..."

May 12, 2005 at 6:52 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
depends on what planet you check for a copy
wink.gif

i could give the rickanese condensed version but that would be against head-fi law
very_evil_smiley.gif

youre starting to get more n more funny... (very honest comment btw)
icon10.gif

May 12, 2005 at 7:36 PM Post #10 of 13
eric343,
I've saved a copy of your little screenplay. I want to peruse it at leisure. "The Divine Comedy" is one of my classic favorites. "Inferno" by Jerry Pournelle and Larry Niven is another update on your theme.
Keep writing!

May 12, 2005 at 11:28 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by eric343
Are you kidding?

thats a great attitude!
tongue.gif
yesterday I had to write a final exam for history class. We had to write 3 historical essays in 2 hours, but it was for the IB program not regular diploma marks, and they don't count for anything basically, unless you want to use them to apply to a foreign university. I had 5 hours of sleep the night before, and no coffee that morning (no bathroom breaks allowed during the test) I was completely burned out by the second essay, and the third essay was probably an insult to the IB program and our school. All I remember was it was 2 pages long, and ended with something like "So you see, Hitler was a very nasty man."
rolleyes.gif

May 13, 2005 at 12:03 AM Post #12 of 13
Weird. And I don't get the ending. Hope this isn't going to be an important grade or anything.

May 13, 2005 at 12:59 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032
Weird. And I don't get the ending. Hope this isn't going to be an important grade or anything.

Haha, you're the second person that's said that about the ending. Guess I should've made it a bit more clear... (the purpose of the tour as stated was BS -- it was actually "preventive maintenance.")

As I said above, it doesn't really matter what grade I get -- I was having fun
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back