HeadSave MetaMax
Jun 21, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #2 of 55
Because nobody cares. Tyll already says he doesn't care - why should anyone else?

-dd3mon

Jun 21, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #3 of 55
Huh???
confused.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 2:53 AM Post #4 of 55
rofl@minya
wo0t!
-MAg

Jun 21, 2003 at 2:53 AM Post #5 of 55
Hahaha, good, at least we're spared another 13 page long thread on this.

Jun 21, 2003 at 2:54 AM Post #6 of 55
i care. tigger is a bad man. he's a bad man, he's a bad man, he's a bad man. i was 2 seconds away from being first in line getting a tigger amp way back in the pre-headsave days. i might have to get one of his meta-mints now when i get the cash though.

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 55
Quote:

i care. tigger is a bad man. he's a bad man, he's a bad man, he's a bad man. i was 2 seconds away from being first in line getting a tigger amp way back in the pre-headsave days. i might have to get one of his meta-mints now when i get the cash though.

What's the point?

confused.gif
confused.gif

I bought one of the amp from tigger and he is a very nice guy. His Meta is very good sounding... I recommend you guys buying it from him to save some cash. 170 dollars for Meta max w/t Alp Blue...that's a bargain.

600smile.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #8 of 55
Quote:

Originally posted by purk
What's the point?

confused.gif
confused.gif

I bought one of the amp from tigger and he is a very nice guy. His Meta is very good sounding... I recommend you guys buying it from him to save some cash. 170 dollars for Meta max w/t Alp Blue...that's a bargain.

600smile.gif

I thought about this, buying the MetaMax that is, but I'm not sure how much of an improvement it would be over my portable META. Just figuring it might be better to wait it out until I can get a Gilmore V2...

Jun 21, 2003 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 55
Quote:

I have similar configured to the Meta Max, and "yes" the improvement is very noticable. Regular meta is a little lean for my taste, but "the Max" should give better bass, better clarity...and improve over all sound quality. I have never tired the Gilmore or a more expensive amp, I just can't justify spending more than 350 dollars for a headphone amp. Anyway, my CD3K and my Maxed out Meta are mated well together. So I'm very satisfied.

Purk

Jun 21, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #10 of 55
i'm not sure if people understand me on this so i'll clarify. if i call you a bad man, that's a good thing. tigger is a bad bad man.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 21, 2003 at 7:14 AM Post #11 of 55
I don't think any of you have a grasp on the actual meaning of this thread, I'm not gonna say anything though.
-Mag

Jun 21, 2003 at 7:25 AM Post #12 of 55
oh.... that's why it was in bold.

eh, whatever. it's a common enough word. like if i made a drink and called it iced tea. is lipton gonna sue me and make me call it cold tea?

Jun 21, 2003 at 7:39 AM Post #13 of 55
Uhm, Goose, maybe you weren't aware, but Justin Wilson was forced to rename his amp from "V2 Max" to "V2-SE" over all the fuss that his use of the word "Max" caused here on Head-Fi.

So why is HeadSave not receiving the same treatment? elrod-tom? jude? Care to offer your thoughts?

- Chris

Jun 21, 2003 at 7:48 AM Post #14 of 55
oh yeah, i do vaguely remember reading about that. i thought it was all kind of inane and senseless, maybe everyone realizes that now.

tigger, if anyone gives you **** i got my baseball bat and jewish lawyers on standby. you know i got your back. (plausible deniability and public domain. i love it
evil_smiley.gif
)

Jun 21, 2003 at 8:18 AM Post #15 of 55
Quote:

Uhm, Goose, maybe you weren't aware, but Justin Wilson was forced to rename his amp from "V2 Max" to "V2-SE" over all the fuss that his use of the word "Max" caused here on Head-Fi.

No one forced him to do ****. He chose to do it because he wanted to make people happy. Tyll actually told him not to do it.

Quote:

So why is HeadSave not receiving the same treatment? elrod-tom? jude? Care to offer your thoughts?

No one is going to confuse a MetaMax with a Headroom Max. The two products aren't even close to competing with each other. Furthermore, the name "META" has a reputation regardless of which term anyone attaches to it and no one has ever even remotely suggested that one might compete with the real max. The Gilmore V2-SA, however, was supposed to compete with the Headroom Max, which meant that choosing the same name raised questions about whether Justin was trying to capitalize on the reputation that the term "Max" has gained in our community through Headroom's hard work. As it turns out, Justin most likely named it "Max" because that's what more than one of his potential customers were calling it before he even officially announced that the product existed.

The whole thing ended up being blown way out of proportion, and I have no idea why you are bringing it up again. Are you trying to be an ass/troll or what?

Now, if Tigger called it the META Cosmic, then there would definitely be some issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back