Headphone storage at AKG HQ
Jun 29, 2007 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

Fitz

Headphoneus Supremus
I was getting tired of the cables tangling up all the time, so I decided to clear off the headphones I currently had on my desk. After getting them all untangled, this is what I ended up with, all of which were indeed on my desk:

Obviously this is not all of my collection, and I do not have many places to put them which is so many keep ending up on my desk. Does anybody have any ideas on storing this many phones? I was thinking of putting a bunch hooks on the underside of some shelves in my closet, to line the headphones up much like how clothes hang. This would be more efficient than having them laying flat on the shelves and stacked on top of each other as I've tried before, but perhaps somebody has already tried this and can offer their experienced opinion?

Jun 29, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 51
giveaway time!!!

wink.gif

Jun 29, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #5 of 51
But then I will have headphones poking me in the ass on the rare occasion that I actually sleep (and in a bed too), which is not so comfortable.
frown.gif

Edit: I actually feel like sleeping in my bed tonight this very moment, but I'm too lazy to move all the headphones off it again, so here I am just wasting time on the computer.

Jun 29, 2007 at 6:19 AM Post #7 of 51
I'm surprised you don't already share a bed with your beloved AKG's...

Jun 29, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #13 of 51
You can try storing them in boxes and stacking the boxes on shelves.

Place each headphone inside a cloth bag and put them in boxes. It doesn't have to be a wood or metal box; some of the cheap cardboard foldout boxes from IKEA should do the job. Two headphones might fit in one box, and maybe two boxes can be stacked together on a shelf.

The cloth bags should protect the headphones from scratching each other or being scratched by the plugs.

Transparent plastic boxes might also be an option. Some of these are airtight and could keep the dust or humidity out.

Jun 29, 2007 at 10:10 AM Post #14 of 51
Run them over with a truck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back