headphone sightings?
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2007 at 6:01 AM Post #783 of 855
Saw a man wearing Bose QuietComfort 3 on the plane from Antalya/Turkey to Oslo/Norway this Sunday. Lucky him!
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #784 of 855
I live on the upper east side of Manhattan, where fashion rules everything. Just half a block from my apartment, I passed a guy yesterday on my way to the subway. He was wearing PortaPros! I considered making a gesture (you know, thumbs up or whatever), but I didn't. Manhattan is full of stupid rich people who react negatively to human warmth. Been here 23 years, can't believe what has happened to my city.

Aug 31, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #785 of 855
I've seen a few recently.

Several pairs of Shure E2Cs
Two Grado SR60s
One GRADO SR80
One Denon DJ-style pair

I saw a guy on the subway today looking what looked like Crossroads MylarOne X3s, but they were recabled. He was watching something on a DAP he was holding in a metal box. If someone was on the subway tonight wearing shorts and watching something while listening with IEMs that look like X3s, speak up!
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #786 of 855
I've seen alot of people wearing Koss Portapro in Sydney,
but never see any of them wearing KSC-75.

Aug 31, 2007 at 4:01 PM Post #787 of 855
Just saw a cute girl wearing SR60's near queens park in Toronto.

Sep 3, 2007 at 1:37 AM Post #789 of 855
Saw someone walk by at the Grand Central station in NYC with the classic red/blue Etys. Definitely brought a smile to my face when I saw that...

Sep 6, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #790 of 855
Actually saw one worth noticing tonight!

I'm a server at a restaurant, and, unfortunately, I all too often see teenagers and younger sitting at a table/booth with their iPod on, iBuds in their ears. It's kinda depressing to think about taking your kids out to a nice dinner, and having them want to do nothing but listen to their iPod instead.

However, tonight, I got a bit of a surprise. A mom and her two kids, who couldn't be older than 5 and 8, were both listening to iPod Nanos with Shure IEMs! I'm not into IEMs, so I'm not sure at all what model, but they were black cased, and had black tips on them that looked like little olives. One of them also had something that looked like the end of an iPod to computer dock in the bottom of her Nano. Dunno what it was, not a line-out dock, since she was listening to the headphone out. It was just this little white piece of plastic attached to the dock out. Maybe some sort of protector? I imagine they'd make them smaller if so. Oh well.

Sep 6, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #791 of 855
I saw a guy a few weeks ago wearing a pair of SR-60's in the Cambridgeside Galleria in Cambridge. It made me smile and think how horrible I would look if I actually wore the things out in public. Its just fine in the privacy of my own room though.

Sep 6, 2007 at 7:08 PM Post #792 of 855
I was at my dentist's office and noticed the headphones they supply are the Koss Pro35s Ts - not too shabby of a dentist
tongue.gif

Ed

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #793 of 855
In the tubes in London, it seems no one has good taste. In about 2 years I've only spotted 2 ER4ps and the Shure E2 (quite common is it cheap?). No UM1/2 or customs. So you can imagine the looks I get when I have UM56 or ES2s on. They wish they know what that weird thing is but they cant ask! Well, I'm not breaking my seal for anyone. LOL

Sep 13, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #794 of 855
a guy with er6i on the london underground asked me what headphones i was wearing (i had the e5c on). we had a little chat about the e500 he was planning to buy. normally i wouldnt mind, but i was well hypnotized by the album i was listening to at the time, and he broke my trance.

Sep 13, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #795 of 855
Quote:

Originally Posted by danny334 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In the tubes in London, it seems no one has good taste. In about 2 years I've only spotted 2 ER4ps and the Shure E2 (quite common is it cheap?). No UM1/2 or customs. So you can imagine the looks I get when I have UM56 or ES2s on. They wish they know what that weird thing is but they cant ask! Well, I'm not breaking my seal for anyone. LOL

Tell me about it, and some crank up the volume because they cant hear with the background tube noise. I have had a few funny looks when wearing UM2's, maybe they think im security or a special agent lol, one day im gonna play along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back