Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 16, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #8,104 of 12,415
Im sure this must have been said before (and if it hasnt it should have), but i finally got to tell a chick she has nice cans today (M80). She didnt get the double innuendo and just gave me a disgusted look.

Jan 16, 2013 at 8:47 AM Post #8,105 of 12,415
i finally got to tell a chick she has nice cans today (M80). She didnt get the double innuendo and just gave me a disgusted look.

Head-Fi is the only place I've ever heard of someone calling a set of headphones "cans". No wonder she didn't get it. 
eek.gif

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #8,111 of 12,415
Quote:
lol this is in Waterloo, Canada. I've seen a couple people on the buses with Shure IEMs too.

I just logged in to reply. I go to waterloo too. I'm in 2A ECE. If I see 10 girls i call it a lucky day. I wonder how many headfiers go to waterloo. I'd really love to go to a waterloo headfi meeting or even arrange one. I have shure 840, 940, and he500. I think I have about four classmates who are into headphones. A guy has really nice vintage beyers and someone has a really old grado 60s. And a guy with vmoda with e17. There might be a few more.

Jan 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #8,112 of 12,415
I was happy when I saw a pair of Sennheiser HD650s in the library. I live in an area where people purchase Monster crap, Apple crap, and Skullcandy crap. Not any good ones. 

And yes, I know this idiot who turned down a pair of Sennheiser Momentums for a pair of Wireless Beats by Dre.

And another idiot thinks V-Modas < Beats, and that V-Modas are as good as Apple Earphones.

Yep, I live in a place where placebo effect is everything.

EDIT: When I asked Office Depot if they carried any Ultimate Ears headphones, they were all confused, and suggested I look at Beats and that new Monster stuff. The new ones are ok I guess, but you tell me to look at Beats. -_-

Jan 17, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #8,115 of 12,415
On the blue line into work today. One girl with Phillips Downtowns (black/brown) - those are good looking. I hope they don't sound horrid. 

And one guy wearing Grados. Looked like bowl pads - maybe 125's? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back