Headphone Sightings 2
Jan 27, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #10,606 of 12,415

DOOM, MF DOOM, King Geedorah, Madvillain (half of), Viktor Vaughan, Daniel Dumile ... whatever you know him by. One of the greatest contemporary MCs in hip-hop.

Appears to be wearing AIAIAI TMA-1s.

Also doing a line of Clarks shoes, which is very weird. http://clarksoriginals.com/pioneers/doom

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #10,607 of 12,415
I'm super excited for the Clarks by MF DOOM!!

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #10,608 of 12,415
  Anyone watch SNL tonight?  Rick Rubin DJ'ing for Eminem was wearing some AKG 701's.  I'd think those would be horrible to play live with.

I'm a bit late with this but thought it was funny when I saw this. Rubin was actually faking all of it. The Pioneer CDJ he was supposedly using was facing the wrong direction, perpendicular to the mixer rather than parallel! So he wasn't really using the AKG's either, which makes more sense that he picked them for looks over functionality.

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #10,609 of 12,415
Most people around my school use beats or souls or other generic/crap headphones however, there are a few people who can appreciate good sound in my school. (High school) 2 (one now graduated) have vmodas, two of my friends have hd558s and I've heard rumours of someone with hd598s. On a side note a few bass heads went for the sony extra bass series rather than beats, not exactly good headphones but still better than beats.

Jan 28, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #10,610 of 12,415

Anyone watch SNL tonight?  Rick Rubin DJ'ing for Eminem was wearing some AKG 701's.  I'd think those would be horrible to play live with.

I'm a bit late with this but thought it was funny when I saw this. Rubin was actually faking all of it. The Pioneer CDJ he was supposedly using was facing the wrong direction, perpendicular to the mixer rather than parallel! So he wasn't really using the AKG's either, which makes more sense that he picked them for looks over functionality.

Wow seriously? How do people do this kind of stuff?

DJ says: Yeaaaah biatches, look how cool I am!!!
DJ thinks: What am I even doing here....

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #10,611 of 12,415
Wow seriously? How do people do this kind of stuff?

DJ says: Yeaaaah biatches, look how cool I am!!!
DJ thinks: What am I even doing here....

To be fair, Rick Rubin probably does know how to use that equipment. He's been a producer in the industry for many years. But, when you're just appearing for a short time on television and you want to get things set up and taken down quickly, it's in your best interests to fake it because setting up lots of equipment like that is a major hassle if you're making a short appearance.

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #10,612 of 12,415
The other day a lady brought another colleague to my desk and said "there he is, the guy with the great headphones!" pointing to my HD600. I was pleasantly surprised until she continued: "those are the ones that block out all the noise, right?" I then had to explain to them that they were open headphones, which actually allowed me to hear everything around me when music isn't playing, and that if she wanted active noise cancellation, she should get Bose. lol

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #10,613 of 12,415
The other day a lady brought another colleague to my desk and said "there he is, the guy with the great headphones!" pointing to my HD600. I was pleasantly surprised until she continued: "those are the ones that block out all the noise, right?" I then had to explain to them that they were open headphones, which actually allowed me to hear everything around me when music isn't playing, and that if she wanted active noise cancellation, she should get Bose. lol

Top two questions I get asked about headphones
1 how's the bass?
2 does it block out sound?
Do people not understand that there are more to headphones than these things?!

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #10,616 of 12,415
yup lol.

It might have been more clear if i had my Mad Dogs on...
triportsad.gif

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:02 PM Post #10,617 of 12,415
Top two questions I get asked about headphones
1 how's the bass?
2 does it block out sound?
Do people not understand that there are more to headphones than these things?!

Someone asked that about my HD558's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back