Headphone Sightings 2
Aug 16, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #2,281 of 12,415

Quote:
I could I suppose, but since I'm the teacher, I have to somehow dance that teacher/student line with extreme caution.

Students appreciate when you show interest in their music and interests--there are ways to share headphones with students that don't make you seem creepy.  Now, students come to me and ask for advice when they are looking for headphones, and want to hear new pairs that I have purchased. I'm not saying you don't have to be careful these days, though.

Aug 16, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #2,282 of 12,415

All very true.  I also see you have the 990/600s.  Good man.  I just got mine last week and am very happy.

Quote:
Students appreciate when you show interest in their music and interests--there are ways to share headphones with students that don't make you seem creepy.  Now, students come to me and ask for advice when they are looking for headphones, and want to hear new pairs that I have purchased. I'm not saying you don't have to be careful these days, though.

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:30 PM Post #2,284 of 12,415
It's not paranoia, as far as lawsuits go.  But, we do need to maintain professionalism.  We're their teachers, not their friends.  Once you become friends, there's no going back.

Quote:
Is the US that PC / paranoid?

Aug 16, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #2,285 of 12,415

Quote:
It's Gray-doh. I called in a couple times

how many folks would be surprised to find that beyerdynamic is pronounced "buyer dynamic" and not "bayer dynamic".  i know i was...
still can't get used to it...

back on topic:
there's an older gentleman that i see walking to work most mornings who wears jvc-rx700 on his walk.

lately, it's been too hot for his over-ear headphones, tho.
and,  i've been sort of sad to see him without them. 
frown.gif

i almost want to stop and say "hey, you can wear IEMs in the hot weather, ya know?"
hahaha.

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #2,288 of 12,415
After two years of wading through a sea of bose, beats, sk, and ibuds I finally saw some good cans around campus. On my way to class I saw an Audio Technica ES7 which was shock enough but a Grado SR80i on the way back was icing on the cake.

Aug 18, 2010 at 11:01 AM Post #2,290 of 12,415
I'm just as geeky when it comes to camera gear.  I'll see photogs out and about, or pics of photos in other pics, and I can not only identify their cameras, but also the individual lens on it.  Yes, I need some more social interaction.

Quote:
Name the studio headphones used here! Only a Head-fi'er like me can!

*So ashamed that I am so headphone geeky enough to name them lols* Choose high quality under 'quality'

http://www.3news.co.nz/Famous-Kiwis-help-spread-anti-violence-message/tabid/367/articleID/171332/Default.aspx

Aug 18, 2010 at 10:27 PM Post #2,291 of 12,415

Quote:
it's the second 'beyer dynamic' AFAIK German wise. Also it's 'Zenn - high - sir' for 'Sennheiser'

Quote:
Hmmmm... When i called their NY distro center, the lady answered "bye-er-dynamic."
Hmmmmm....
I guess the jury is still out.

Quote:
how many folks would be surprised to find that beyerdynamic is pronounced "buyer dynamic" and not "bayer dynamic".  i know i was...
still can't get used to it...

back on topic:
there's an older gentleman that i see walking to work most mornings who wears jvc-rx700 on his walk.

lately, it's been too hot for his over-ear headphones, tho.
and,  i've been sort of sad to see him without them. 
frown.gif

i almost want to stop and say "hey, you can wear IEMs in the hot weather, ya know?"
hahaha.

You guys want to know why people love Bose, Beats, and Skullcandy so much? BECAUSE THEY SOUNDS EXACTLY AS IT'S SPELLED!

Aug 19, 2010 at 1:17 PM Post #2,292 of 12,415
Last friday, guy with Pioneer HDJ-1000 in bus and in downtown girl with Philips SHP-1900, guy with DT990 and another one with K-240. I was wearing my cousin's K-171. Quite good Friday the 13th.

Aug 19, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #2,293 of 12,415

Quote:
You guys want to know why people love Bose, Beats, and Skullcandy so much? BECAUSE THEY SOUNDS EXACTLY AS IT'S SPELLED!

Bose could be pronounced as booze if you try hard enough.

Aug 19, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #2,294 of 12,415

Quote:
I love the "discrete" Beats ad in "The Book Of Eli" - LOL!

Indeed, I noticed them, despite how subtle they were in contrast to the rest of the movie...
rolleyes.gif

Also, all I see at my university, with very very few exceptions, is Skullcandy. I used to be one of those people... *shudder* You'd think people who can afford going to school here could get better 'phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back