HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
Jul 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #286 of 645
Quote:
This is not the one Guttenberg had. This is a new design and starts at 3500.00 and goes up to 9K.

Ooohhhh, okay I'll have to mark that down on my to-do list then.  Though, realistically, the meet is the main reason why I'm coming. 
wink.gif

Jul 11, 2013 at 3:12 AM Post #288 of 645
Quote:
Quote:
Ooohhhh, okay I'll have to mark that down on my to-do list then.  Though, realistically, the meet is the main reason why I'm coming. 
wink.gif

any ideas to get more members to come out

Yup!  Mercer and I are working on a plan to bring a few people in.  He'll fill you in about it as it's all through his contacts.  On a side note, I have an additional guest coming with me (besides weirdfishes).  And I'm also working on bringing yet another guest as well.  So in total, I maybe bringing a total of 4 people (including myself).  I'll update you tomorrow when I start to get confirmations.

Jul 11, 2013 at 8:06 AM Post #289 of 645
Quote:

Yup!  Mercer and I are working on a plan to bring a few people in.  He'll fill you in about it as it's all through his contacts.  On a side note, I have an additional guest coming with me (besides weirdfishes).  And I'm also working on bringing yet another guest as well.  So in total, I maybe bringing a total of 4 people (including myself).  I'll update you tomorrow when I start to get confirmations.

Great news. I am looking forward to the event.

Jul 11, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #290 of 645
Jul 12, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #291 of 645
I'll be manning the HeadAmp booth across the hall(?) from the meet all weekend.
Justin will be providing a BHSE electrostatic amp and a GS-X Mkll dynamic amp.
There will be a pair of Stax 009 and Omega ll 'stats along with several top tier dynamic cans.

Anybody who know's me from previous Bay Area meets will be familiar with my reel to reel rig and Tape Project tapes which will be the primary source.

If anyone is interested, I can also have one of HeadAmp's portable systems. Just ask and I'll see if I can have one there.

Should be an excellent show. I've attended all three of the previous CAS's and really enjoyed what Constantine has put together each year.
See you there!

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #293 of 645
Quote:
I'll be manning the HeadAmp booth across the hall(?) from the meet all weekend.
Justin will be providing a BHSE electrostatic amp and a GS-X Mkll dynamic amp.
There will be a pair of Stax 009 and Omega ll 'stats along with several top tier dynamic cans.

Anybody who know's me from previous Bay Area meets will be familiar with my reel to reel rig and Tape Project tapes which will be the primary source.

If anyone is interested, I can also have one of HeadAmp's portable systems. Just ask and I'll see if I can have one there.

Should be an excellent show. I've attended all three of the previous CAS's and really enjoyed what Constantine has put together each year.
See you there!

YES!  Can't wait to hear the GS-X MkII.  And I haven't heard reel to reel since I was a youngen.

Jul 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #296 of 645
Will Jude be at the show? Or anyone else with the Cardas Ear Speakers?

The reason I ask is that I am discussing with the Cardas office whether I could bring some product with me. That would include headphone upgrade cables and perhaps Ear Speakers. However, better if someone who is more central to this event has some there to demo. That is because my health is not too terrific this month.

Jul 12, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #297 of 645
Mike Mercer will be there, and he's got a pair of Ear Speakers with him. 
smile.gif

Jul 13, 2013 at 4:03 AM Post #298 of 645
Forgive my ignorance, but is Mike Mercer associated with the event or Head-Fi, other than being a member/user?  I only ask because I am curious to scope out someone or some way that visitors can try out the Cardas Ear Speakers without pissing off or disturbing someone who has other things to do.  

There is also some planning to do about having sanitary or sanitizable tips available.  

If the sales members at Cardas are interested, they may let me know next week what they'd recommend.  Sue did mention that Jude had a pair, but those might be review samples at home rather than ones to lug around and demonstrate.   

Just don't want to make it more trouble for someone than its worth.  That said, I'd love to hear them!!  I guess I'll bring a sanitizer wipe.  :wink:

Jul 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #299 of 645
Quote:
Forgive my ignorance, but is Mike Mercer associated with the event or Head-Fi, other than being a member/user?

Nope. 
smile.gif

Quote:
I only ask because I am curious to scope out someone or some way that visitors can try out the Cardas Ear Speakers without pissing off or disturbing someone who has other things to do.

Well, he's going to be there for the meet, like all of us, so it's really no different than auditioning anyone else's gear right? 
smile.gif

Quote:
There is also some planning to do about having sanitary or sanitizable tips available.  

Mike is also bringing the Ear Speakers to the L.A. meet (about a week from now).  He's going to ask Cardas if they can supply him with extra tips to help people audition the unit at the L.A. meet.  I would imagine that he could do the same for Headmasters?

Jul 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #300 of 645
Quote:
I had similar experiences, meet conditions caveat applies of course. That's how I ended up drawn to the HE6. The only issue I had was that serious bass sound and felt like sitting in front of a big Hiwatt stack. I think I'll eventually end up with someone's cast off HE6+tripath or other small speaker amp. Or an Mjolnir...

Oh, and to stay on topic, I hope to find a pair again at this meet. Maybe Jazzfan will attend...

Hi aamefford,
I was looking forward to attending this event.  But as luck would have it, a last minute change in plans is preventing me from attending.  Maybe next time.  However, I'm still looking forward seeing pictures and reading impressions from those who do attend.  Sounds like this is shaping up to be another great Bay Area event.

@Frank I, Thanks for organizing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back