HEADPHONE MEET at the Headmaster in San Francisco 8/10/2013
Aug 8, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #601 of 645
Quote:
Dear Lord!  How do I buy a ticket on line?  The "Official Website" doesn't seem (at least to me) to have a link to buying tickets.  HELP!

Quote:
Yikes.  The ticket link looks dead.  Maybe you can show up tomorrow and buy tickets at the door?

I won't be able to make it until Saturday.  I'l show and buy a ticket there.  Hopefully, Frank I or someone will have blank name tags or at least a piece of gaffer tape I can write my name on.  No worries.  I was gonna pony the $30 and hope nothing got in the way of attending, and have that warm "pee in a dark suit" feeling of contributing whether I am able to make it or not.  Now if I can't make it (i.e. my work phone rings and an emergency repair comes in...) I get to keep my money, I guess.  I hope to be there!

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:29 PM Post #605 of 645
I may miss Friday due to a non-negotiable medical appointment (the sooner they irradiate my bone the better!). If I can wake up early, I could do a couple of hours before hand.  

Otherwise, I've got Sat and Sun to be there.  

PS: I'm confident the tickets are available at the door. I don't think there is any "max."  I would bet that they stopped taking pre-orders in order to actually fulfill the pre-orders... takes some time to put them into envelopes or make a list or whatever.  

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM Post #606 of 645
Quote:
Well, my dad is busy on Saturday as well, so it looks like it'll be just me.

But I'm showing up tomorrow. Warren and wolfetan, I take it you guys will be there tomorrow as well? Would you like to meet up and cruise the speakers together?

I wish I could go tomorrow too but I have work :frowning2:.  

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #607 of 645
Yeah, I'm disappointed to miss Friday because it is usually the least busy day.  Also, folks are "fresh" and seem to be more willing to meet and greet. Not yet worn down! 

PS: if you are bringing Cardas Ear Speakers or other generic IEMs to demo, please bring sanitary wipes. Alcohol works on silicone, but for foam I'd be conservative and use "Wet Ones" that are in most pharmacies and markets, in packets and in dispensers.  I'll bring some.  They are non-alcoholic and work just as well.  (Purell worries me; alcohol plus additives.) 

Aug 8, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #608 of 645
I think we all can have a mini meet tomorrow for those who are brave (and free!) enough to show up.

But other than that, I think I'll use the whole day to listen to loudspeakers. I'm looking for a desk-friendly setup that doesn't require lots of room now, and this seems like the perfect opportunity for that.

Aug 8, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #609 of 645
Quote:

But I'm showing up tomorrow. Warren and wolfetan, I take it you guys will be there tomorrow as well? Would you like to meet up and cruise the speakers together?

Yes, I will be there. From 8-2. Have a baseball game. I'm meeting Warren and the people Warren is staying with in the hotel for breakfast. And he said the peeps at Astell&Kern might be there for breakfast also..

Also, I will be selling my DT880. So Warren is on the job!
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM Post #610 of 645
Hey guys so as the clock ticks down on this I just wanted a final clarification on WHAT TO BRING:

So far I will bring:
- Headphones 
- Amp/Dac
- Laptop/Ipod
- power strip
- CDs I want to listen to

What else should I bring for the full experience? 

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #612 of 645
sadly I am going to have to skip the meet

Hey SanJoseCanJunkie, how we looking now?! :D

Already here! Tomorrow, I'm gonna do the Headmasters thing as I have the meet all day Saturday.

the sooner they irradiate my bone the better!

+1

I think we all can have a mini meet tomorrow for those who are brave (and free!) enough to show up.

Just got the Woo WA7 setup here in the hotel room! We're already listening!

Also, I will be selling my DT880. So Warren is on the job!
wink.gif

I'm on vacation! :D

Aug 9, 2013 at 2:47 AM Post #613 of 645
I tell ya, giving up on trying to squeeze in a Friday visit before my medical appointment (SFO is not very close) gives me some relief. I can get organized for the weekend and get some sleep. And get some post-procrastination, pre-emptive pre-re-procrastination important stuff done. Insurance, lawsuits, plumbing, Newsroom watching, and continuing to bond to my new family member, Arthur the Giant: 

Aug 9, 2013 at 11:34 AM Post #615 of 645
I was planning to come with some gear (various Lambdas), but I I have to bail out of setting up a table due to time constraints.
I will still try to make it to the meet, but for a shorter time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back