Headphone Festival 2011 in Tokyo May 7th, 2011 PHOTOS (BANDWIDTH WARNING)
May 22, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #16 of 76
Holy cow. Those Taket H2 headphones are huge.

May 22, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #17 of 76
Great post! Thanks so much....those '11 PS1000's look insane.  Is that a new type of earpad?  Looks awesome.  

The new FIIO portable really caught my eye as well.  

Need mo money.

May 23, 2011 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 76
Dynamic Audio is AWESOME! wish they had those kind of places in canada :frowning2:
Awesome pics and comments though! If one of those comes to Van anytime soon, ill be sure to check it out and do the same as you! Great job!

May 23, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #20 of 76
I became increasingly jealous as every picture loaded in....

May 23, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #21 of 76
Can anyone provide any more info about the Grado PS1000 for 2011. The chrome finish on those cans look incredible. Has the sound changed at all? When do they go on sale to the public?

May 23, 2011 at 4:14 AM Post #22 of 76
Why did you have to report that ALO had the ATH-W5000 on sale for such a good price? I don't really need yet ANOTHER pair of 'phones.... but I could not resist! Another $700 gone forever!

I always justify headphone purchases to myself by saying, 'Well I can always sell them and get most of my money back.'  YEAH RIGHT!  Like I ever sell anything I buy!  Especially if I like it! 

I heard a pair of the ATH-1000's at the Chicago meet and liked them.  Then this month's Stereophile said some nice things about the ATH-W5000.... and then YOU have to go and tell me about ALO's nice pricing!

May 23, 2011 at 4:24 AM Post #23 of 76

Wasn't the companie's name handling earosnics and Colorfly called Musica Acoustics? the website is http://musicaacoustics.jp/
The guy in charge is Dimitri, a fairily popular seller here on Headfi.
He is running a webshop for enlish speeking customres as well, I personaly ordered my radius and Ortofons so highly recommended..
www.musicaAcoustics.com is the english site link for all those interested in Final Audio, Radius, Ortofons, Earsonics, Stax, JVC, AT Fisher Audio etc..

Colorful’s Colorfly DAP (Colorful is the name of the company):  Think HiFiMAN.  It can be used as a DAP as well as a DAC.  It’s a very solid piece.  I particularly liked its clear display and volume slider control which felt like one on a nice mixing board.  It upsamples and sounded really good from my brief demo.  (Personal side note: The rep for this, who also represented EarSonics, was really nice and helpful.  Unfortunately during the course of the day I lost his card and didn’t have time to return to his table.  If by chance he is reading this, please PM me!)

They are also coming out with a new, slimmer touch-screen unit (CK4) as well.  It looks very promising!

EarSonics revamped their SM3s- now called the SM3 v2.

The outer shell is very Westone-like and it has removable cables.  I was told that the
drivers are exactly the same as the old SM3, so the sound should be very similar.

May 23, 2011 at 4:33 AM Post #24 of 76
Many thanks Mkubota1 !
k701smile.gif
 It's a pleasure to see this kind of post with lots of headphone gear! Special for me, living in a "headphone desert" like Portugal! Congratulations great post!

May 23, 2011 at 5:20 AM Post #26 of 76
Excellent writeup! Photo's are great as well. Those new Earsonics look mighty good and a whole lot sturdier than their previous build. What's this thing? Looks really nice. Timelord Chordette? Never heard of it. Did you listen to it? 

May 23, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #27 of 76
"Cheers" for that

:frowning2: so jealous! looks amazing!!!

I (think i) want one of those Colorfuls! they look amazing!
certainly something different

yet another international product going by without coming down under :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back