headphone advise (limited budget)
May 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

bnmoxs

New Head-Fier
hi and have good day or night.i have a question.i want to buy headphone in limited budget 50-80 dolar.i usually listen music at tranportation,and classroom etc.my favourite genres as;rock,clasical music,sometimes ethnic.i guess -i need some treble and mid base headphone(maybe dont i dont know).i heard that px 100ii,akg 420 are like this segment.does k420 has better isolation than px 100ii?.also px 200ii is not bad.px 200ii has more isolation.anyway i need help.please dont withold your precious opinions.thank you.
smile.gif

May 7, 2013 at 11:43 AM Post #2 of 7
If you're going to be using this during transportation and in a public setting, then what you really want is a closed-back headphone.  This is so that you won't disturb others, and equally important, others won't disturb you.  Since this is the case, I'd forget about the PX 100-II and K420 right away.  The former is open, and the latter is semi-open.

This leaves the PX 200-II which I've owned previously.  It's a competent headphone, but a little dark sounding.  Since you listen to rock and classical, I think that you'll probably want something with better highs and even a little air.  Given that, and your budget, I'd say that you might want to look at an AKG K518LE.  Amazon has them for as little as $50 right now.

Couple of questions for you though...  Do you have a big head?  And do looks matter to you?

May 7, 2013 at 12:29 PM Post #3 of 7
I second warrenpchi that you'd want a closed-back pair of headphones for travel purposes.

Are you after full-size or on-ears? Full-sizes are generally more bulky but offer greater isolation and comfort (IMO).

I also find that (although you may not) the elastic headband design feature on most AKG full-sizes are quite uncomfortable not to mention odd-looking when you have them around your neck so you may want to consider that if you're going for the large AKGs.

May 7, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

I also find that (although you may not) the elastic headband design feature on most AKG full-sizes are quite uncomfortable

Like how the Q701 is "ribbed for our pleasure?" 
tongue.gif

May 7, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #5 of 7
thank you guys you re right.this portable dont isolate.i dont want other yell to me shut the your music.i should get good isolated iem and full size for video-audio project.and i should get iem first.and i tried k518le.and it annoyed me.too small.its sized for highschool children i think.anyway,thank you for interests and helps

May 7, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #6 of 7
BTW, welcome to Head-Fi... sorry about your wallet. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back