Headphone Advice QUICK!
Dec 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

AjRocha

Head-Fier
Alright you may have seen me posting on this a lot lately looking for headphones.

What I'm asking for is headphones that work really well with my ipod and iphone that are over the ear and closed back that have really good bass and also sound good for metal and rock that AREN'T GRADO's because I don't like the on ear idea they have and I don't want to buy the expensive pair to get over the ear with GRADO's.

I only have around 150 dollars to spend at maximum.

Honestly I'm considering Beats Studio or Pros but I'm confused because once I dive into all these headphones I get so excited then something ruins it and it all leads me back to beats.

This would be my first over the ear headphones besides Skullcandy Hesh Supreme Sound.

Please don't bash beats. And I wouldn't pay full price for them, I'd get them used or something anyways.

Please give me my final push towards a pair of headphones.

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:31 AM Post #2 of 75
Alright you may have seen me posting on this a lot lately looking for headphones.

What I'm asking for is headphones that work really well with my ipod and iphone that are over the ear and closed back that have really good bass and also sound good for metal and rock that AREN'T GRADO's because I don't like the on ear idea they have and I don't want to buy the expensive pair to get over the ear with GRADO's.

I only have around 150 dollars to spend at maximum.

Honestly I'm considering Beats Studio or Pros but I'm confused because once I dive into all these headphones I get so excited then something ruins it and it all leads me back to beats.

This would be my first over the ear headphones besides Skullcandy Hesh Supreme Sound.

Please don't bash beats. And I wouldn't pay full price for them, I'd get them used or something anyways.

Please give me my final push towards a pair of headphones.
Try M50's-others, don't flame me-as they're superior to Beats, and do all genres well. :)

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #3 of 75
Quote:
Try M50's-others, don't flame me-as they're superior to Beats, and do all genres well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Your quote confused me a little. Are you saying to get the M50's what brand are they and I mean do they compare to beats as in are they as good or better for less the cost?

Dec 20, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #4 of 75
Quote:
Your quote confused me a little. Are you saying to get the M50's what brand are they and I mean do they compare to beats as in are they as good or better for less the cost?

Audio Technica M50. sound better in every way, does not have uber explosive bloated muddy bass mess that beats has, but has a more refined bass yet still quite powerful. (which means not too powerful till it clouds up the rest of the song) $150, much cheaper than beats, can be found used for about $100-120(i think)

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #5 of 75

Audio Technica M50. sound better in every way, does not have uber explosive bloated muddy bass mess that beats has, but has a more refined bass yet still quite powerful. (which means not too powerful till it clouds up the rest of the song) $150, much cheaper than beats, can be found used for about $100-120(i think)

Will these sound good on my iPhone??

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #9 of 75
I think I might get them then. They'd be my first set of actual headphones. But do you know why people say they are overrated
Because they were recommended so often, and better headphones came out for cheaper. Do you mind looking ridiculous and a long shipping time?

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #11 of 75
Hmmmm it depends. Why do you ask??
HA-S500, amazing headphones, but they are on ear. The thing is, you can put on these other pads, which make them sound better, and make them over ear, but it looks ridiculous.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #13 of 75
Here's one and here's another. After all mods to make them better, they cost around $120 shipped, $180 total if you want a much better cable.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #14 of 75
Oh, and they are worth every penny you pay for them, as well as looking ridiculous. They sound like some ~$300 headphones. (No, not Beats, those suck. :D)

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #15 of 75
Based on what you're looking for I'd suggest checking out the v-moda crossfade lp's. They are built really well, have a removeable cable(one with mic and one without). They have plenty of bass and can be driven very easily from an iPhone. You can get them on amazon for like $112 right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back